Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

I would like maybe try and get Zohore from Cardiff he is a bit raw but has strength, power and scores well in a poor side. Colin W8nker rates him so wont be cheap but worth a gamble as we have nothing coming through our academy.

I'm not sure how you worked that one out. Why have you written off Sam Gallagher?

I am not convinced he will make it - if you read what I also wrote it said coming through...he has been through and out the other side.

You say that as if Zohore is a youngster himself...

Zohore is 23 years old

Gallagher is 21 years old

Gallagher has been doing well in a terrible Championship team and is still eligible as an under 23 player for us next season. To write him off now is daft.

Ralph said on TalkSport a few weeks ago that it would be a quiet summer and that we have a different set of circukstances to previously where we sold lots of first team players each summer.

No idea why people don't believe him.

You say that as if Zohore is a youngster himself...

Zohore is 23 years old

Gallagher is 21 years old

Gallagher has been doing well in a terrible Championship team and is still eligible as an under 23 player for us next season. To write him off now is daft.

Are you saying 23 is too old then?

Why its my opinion....I have watched both have you? I think Zohore is worth a gamble - I hope Sam proves me wrong but going on watching him for about four years I still am uncertain he will make a good Prem player. I want him to prove me wrong.

Also what other strikers in academy do you think we have coming through?

Bertrand, Cedric and VVD all being linked with a move to Chelsea.

I would expect at least one of them to be leaving this summer.

VVD is going. He's agreed a deal. We all know how this will go. Club says he's not for sale. Chelsea bid. We turn it down and repeat he's not for sale. VVD hands in transfer request. Chelsea up their bid. We accept. He leaves. Les Reed says "The player made it clear he no longer wanted to play for Southampton so at that point it became about getting the best possible deal for the club."

Please, just let's not have a meltdown this year. We know this is coming. We'll continue on without him.

No, not a ****ing chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As ever on the footy bit of SWF, to the point, and very probably bang on. Shaw will end up in London I expect , possibly back with Pochettino. The fact he left three years ago tells you all you need to know about his attachment to the club.

VVD is going. He's agreed a deal. We all know how this will go. Club says he's not for sale. Chelsea bid. We turn it down and repeat he's not for sale. VVD hands in transfer request. Chelsea up their bid. We accept. He leaves. Les Reed says "The player made it clear he no longer wanted to play for Southampton so at that point it became about getting the best possible deal for the club."

Please, just let's not have a meltdown this year. We know this is coming. We'll continue on without him.

Source/proof or ???

So far from the truth.

VVD is happy here but would leave if Saints agreed a deal for him.

Most Likely outcome would be the same as Wanyama and Sneiderlin.

You play one more season and then we will let you go at the end of that season without having to put in a transfer request.

I wonder if Poch will be interested in reigniting Rodriguez career, and if we could use that in some sort of exchange involving Trippier.

Although I think he's overpriced at £12m given he's really only been a squad player at spurs.

Why on Earth would Spurs want J Rod?

I'm going to take a punt on;

Shaw to Everton

J Rod to West Brom

Lukaku to Man Utd

Martial to Everton on loan

Bertrand to Liverpool

Virgil to Barcelona

Cedric to Man Utd

What a load of crap. Unless we end up getting relegated VvD will be here next season as he has agreed. For once we have a player who is a man of his word but some people cannot understand this (partly due to the Club selling anything that moves for the last 3 or 4 years).

What a load of crap. Unless we end up getting relegated VvD will be here next season as he has agreed. For once we have a player who is a man of his word but some people cannot understand this (partly due to the Club selling anything that moves for the last 3 or 4 years).

I can't work out if you're being sarcastic or not? If you're not....he is not a man of his word and your post will look pretty foolish when the truth comes out.

Would VVD have the gall to move after all the money our club had spent on him getting him fit? Physio, medical and salary. I think not.

Do you mean the money that would be utterly dwarfed by the fee we receive for selling him?

I don't think the injury changes anything. Injuries happen, not like it was his fault. If anything it shows its a short career, you never know what will happen. Why 'waste' a season at Saints doing most likely similar to this season, when you have your pick of trophy/title challenging teams, playing in Europe and earning a lot more money.

Its not a tough decision when you take out the fact you are a Saints fan and want him to stay.

Do you mean the money that would be utterly dwarfed by the fee we receive for selling him?

I don't think the injury changes anything. Injuries happen, not like it was his fault. If anything it shows its a short career, you never know what will happen. Why 'waste' a season at Saints doing most likely similar to this season, when you have your pick of trophy/title challenging teams, playing in Europe and earning a lot more money.

Its not a tough decision when you take out the fact you are a Saints fan and want him to stay.

He's probably insured as well :lol:

That's one of the most sensible things written on here in a while, no doubt it'll be roundly ignored now.

I never begrudge a player a move away to a bigger club. I only get annoyed if a player goes about in a dishonest and disrespectful way - see Lovren or Kenwyne Jones.

IMHO, Virgil is probably the best player we have seen at Saints since MLT. He stands way above any one else in the squad and could play for Real, Barca or Bayern and still be a stand out player. I am hopeful we can keep him for one more year, but if Citeh do come calling with say £60m or £70m, the club has to accept it. This may help in keeping other key players like Bertrand and Romeu as we can offer better contracts as well as giving us the cash to find a suitable replacement.

Let's be realistic. Best case scenario for Saints next season - all comes together, real challenge for top 6 and a decent cup run.

He moves elsewhere - huge pay raise, chance of winning a title and cup, will play in the champions league next season.

I can't really find a way to either believe he'll stay or begrudge him moving.

Completely with you on that.

My opinion is, why would we have made him captain if he was going in a few months time? It wouldn't make any sense.

We probably didn't expect the speed of his development, in a very short period of time he's put himself in a position where's he arguably one of, if not the best, center back in the league.

If you think a club our size can hold someone of his quality if the big boys come knocking then you've learnt very little from previous seasons sadly.

Any chance we can stick to suggestions or rumours for transfers in rather than just discussing whether van Dijk will leave? Maybe we can even have hypothetical replacements for him if he were to leave, or ideal centre back partner if he doesn't?!

I think you put too much into being skipper these days.

Just look at the behaviour of Saints captain Adam Lallana. If someone that spent that long at Saints can behave in the way he did, then I hardly think a guy that has spent two years here is going to behave any differently once the big boys come calling.

Any chance we can stick to suggestions or rumours for transfers in rather than just discussing whether van Dijk will leave? Maybe we can even have hypothetical replacements for him if he were to leave, or ideal centre back partner if he doesn't?!

Personally I think Yoshida has done enough this season to get that job bring in Nathan Ake as well and I reckon VVD, Yoshida, Stephens and Ake would be a decent selection of CBs not sure VVD will be here though.

By what I have read past few days, they've agreed a deal for Stefan De Vrij. Highly unlikely they'd be able to afford both even if they could attract VVD over Chelsea, Manchester City etc.

Soares, vvd and Bertrand are most likely off this summer so replacements for them are the priorities.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

As well strengthening our holding midfield position we've done well recently but Romeu is still the only quality holding midfielder we have. Plus we need to sort out our forward line. So big big summer for Les

Talking of forward line what would people think of bringing Josh king from Bournemouth looks pretty handy I reckon. Gabbi, King, Long and Sam Gallagher would be pretty decent forward options.

Edited by doddisalegend

Soares, vvd and Bertrand are most likely off this summer so replacements for them are the priorities.

didnt someone drop a hint that Forster is off too

so much for a quiet summer

I can't see it. I'm not saying that those 3 don't want to go, or that we won't sell all 3 individually, but I can't see all 3 going at once. For all the sales, we do draw a line. I'd be amazed if we sell 3 of the back 4 the same summer

I can't see it. I'm not saying that those 3 don't want to go, or that we won't sell all 3 individually, but I can't see all 3 going at once. For all the sales, we do draw a line. I'd be amazed if we sell 3 of the back 4 the

We had a good go when Shaw, Lovren & Chambers all went.

I can't see it. I'm not saying that those 3 don't want to go, or that we won't sell all 3 individually, but I can't see all 3 going at once. For all the sales, we do draw a line. I'd be amazed if we sell 3 of the back 4 the same summer

History shows we don't tend to deny players a move if one of he mega clubs come in. Soares has been linked to all sorts of big clubs and vvd is a near certainty. We could see Bertrand staying one more season but all three going would not surprise me in the slightest. I'm fairly positive about next year though assuming we recruit well. One positive is I can't see us losing any midfield options so midfield will be strong and our forward line assuming gabbi will be fit. Personally I'd get rid of long and Jay rod, bring in one decent striker to compete with Austin and gabbi over the season, get a dm to reduce our reliance on romeu and then replace the defenders we sell. Maybe get rid of Classie and give boufal one more season to prove his worth. Could have a decent team there with no European distractions and less of the silly rotation.