Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Out of Forster, McCarthy, Gazzaniga and Taylor - McCarthy is injured, Gazzaniga is off to Spurs and Taylor isn't good enough for the bench. So I would say that a goalkeeper (presumably on a loan, like we did with Hassen) is a priority for us.

Gazza off to Spurs?

Any updates on any of these, Tom?

The loan offer with option to buy was for Vietto. It's stalled though apparently. Other options being looked at.

I'm told the favoured CB we are after is Wimmer. Depends on Spurs signing a replacement.

Formal offers for VVD expected this week. From at least 2 clubs, possibly 3. One from abroad apparently. If valuation is met, he will go. Not to Liverpool though. Their offer, if it comes, I'm told will be refused.

Still don't know who the keeper is or what the status of that deal is.

Sorry, no real news which is why I haven't posted recently, but you asked....

The loan offer with option to buy was for Vietto. It's stalled though apparently. Other options being looked at.

I'm told the favoured CB we are after is Wimmer. Depends on Spurs signing a replacement.

Formal offers for VVD expected this week. From at least 2 clubs, possibly 3. One from abroad apparently. If valuation is met, he will go. Not to Liverpool though. Their offer, if it comes, I'm told will be refused.

Ta. I'd assume we'd be looking to shift someone out if we land another attacker?

Like.

Although one thing I find irritating is that this drags on in the season - wish they'd shut the f**king window before the first match.

Delighted about the VD news.

CB - was hoping Hoedt might be the option,nothing against Wimmer but certainly hope we don't go anywhere near the value spurs had allegedly put on him (£20m). But if he's anywhere near that then Gazzaniga should be £5m to them (or £150,000 to Reading perhaps).

Ta. I'd assume we'd be looking to shift someone out if we land another attacker?

Well, the three I was told would be going out were VVD, Clasie and Gazzaniga. The attacking player was coming in anyway. However, I've asked about Long having seen stories about him and not really given an answer. Perhaps we are looking at two attacking players coming in? One additional and one as a Long replacement? But that's me guessing.

Well, the three I was told would be going out were VVD, Clasie and Gazzaniga. The attacking player was coming in anyway. However, I've asked about Long having seen stories about him and not really given an answer. Perhaps we are looking at two attacking players coming in? One additional and one as a Long replacement? But that's me guessing.

Yeah, we shall see.

Re: VvD. Can only imagine 3 foreign clubs could afford VvD.

- PSG

- Real

- Barca

Alex McCarthy is "fully fit" - according to his latest tweet. That either means he's being vague about when he returned to fitness or has someone bid for him?
He tweeted week before last he had a niggle but due back next week (last week). According to Ben dinary on twitter saints open to offers for him. Last season was odd as well. Saints were so quiet about his injury. I don't buy a hamstring injury meant he was out for over 5 months.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

How much do Madrid want for Vietto?

Around 20 million euro, so 15/16m ish. similar price to what we paid for Lemina.

Think we want a loan though with a view to buy, not sure how keen Atleti would be to that after our previous cock up...

Wimmer - doesn't inspire me in the slightest. How anyone can be worth 4/5 times more than they were bought for, whilst only playing 15 times in 2 years?

Personally think we need an absolute beast, someone who dominates our area and wins headers. They don't have to be brilliant on the bqll as think Stephens can take that role. Anyone seen anything of Wimmer to know what sort of CB he is?

Wimmer - doesn't inspire me in the slightest. How anyone can be worth 4/5 times more than they were bought for, whilst only playing 15 times in 2 years?

Personally think we need an absolute beast, someone who dominates our area and wins headers. They don't have to be brilliant on the bqll as think Stephens can take that role. Anyone seen anything of Wimmer to know what sort of CB he is?

So you're not inspired by someone you've never seen play?

I watched him playing for Austria against Ireland last season and he was genuinely **** poor. Obviously anyone can have an off day but I wouldn't fancy him..

If City want Van Dijk then Mangala will need a new home. Good defender, a physical specimen but not too great on the ball, City fans say he is a really nice guy, left footed too, rather have him than Wimmer.

By the way, the last link with Wimmer that said we bid 22m euros came from this Austrian newspaper: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kronen_Zeitung

From that description, I wouldn't take it very seriously.

Alex McCarthy is "fully fit" - according to his latest tweet. That either means he's being vague about when he returned to fitness or has someone bid for him?

He was warming up as the 3rd keeper at the weekend, so is probably fit but wasn't risked for the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree we need someone who is strong in the air and while I think I would prefer Hoedt, Wimmer did win 88 aerial duels in 32 Bundesliga appearances for Cologne in the 2014/15 season.

Around 20 million euro, so 15/16m ish. similar price to what we paid for Lemina.

Think we want a loan though with a view to buy, not sure how keen Atleti would be to that after our previous cock up...

Thought it worked out rather well for them in the end though, we were the ones left looking like mugs.

He was warming up as the 3rd keeper at the weekend, so is probably fit but wasn't risked for the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We seem to have cornered the markets in having gk's that we dare not let near the bench, or playing.

We were in for a couple of cb' s straight away to replace fonte, an ex Bayern cb, can't remember his name but he got injured the week before and another cb that by accounts was Fabian Schar, but as we had money from fonte sale Hoffenheim but there price up by 5m, hence we pulled out and went with Caceres as we desperately needed another cb be it back up or 1st/2nd choice

Can you clarify what's happening with McCarthy, Tom? It's all been a bit odd.

Are we likely to sign another keeper? Cheers...

Replacing one of the best centre backs in the league with spurs fourth choice hmm.

He may be a lot better than his most recent poor spurs outings but hardly a move to set the pulse racing.

Beggars belief that we are offering so much money for someone who can't get a game . Spurs/Levy always demand top dollar so seems odd why we would deal with them in the first place .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Beggars belief that we are offering so much money for someone who can't get a game . Spurs/Levy always demand top dollar so seems odd why we would deal with them in the first place .

Rather than criticising the board, maybe you can tell us what we are offering and how you know that to be the true figure, as opposed worthless supposition based on hearsay?

Rather than criticising the board, maybe you can tell us what we are offering and how you know that to be the true figure, as opposed worthless supposition based on hearsay?
Well seeing as this is a thread on transfer rumours and its been confirmed by ITK that we are after Wimmer I'm unsure as to your point exactly .

Surely every post on every forum is worthless supposition in your oh so important opinion which begs the question . Why are you on a thread about rumours when comments on those rumours upset you so ?

My best mate is a Spurs fan and thinks Wimmer is a good player. Is disappointed that Pochettino clearly doesn't rate him, especially if they're going to play 3 at the back.

That being said, as Pochettino clearly isn't his biggest fan, I'd be disappointed if Spurs insisted on such a high fee and if we then agreed to it. He is, at best, a decent defender with some upside. Not sure that warrants a £20m pricetag.

My best mate is a Spurs fan and thinks Wimmer is a good player. Is disappointed that Pochettino clearly doesn't rate him, especially if they're going to play 3 at the back.

That being said, as Pochettino clearly isn't his biggest fan, I'd be disappointed if Spurs insisted on such a high fee and if we then agreed to it. He is, at best, a decent defender with some upside. Not sure that warrants a £20m pricetag.

They didn't play 3 at the back yesterday though and even if they were going to it would be Dier/Toby/Vertongen. They have so many options because the young lad Walker Peters looked decidedly handy at RB yesterday as well. Even Vic didn't make the starting line up because Dier took his place, not being required in the back row on this occasion.

Well seeing as this is a thread on transfer rumours and its been confirmed by ITK that we are after Wimmer I'm unsure as to your point exactly .

Surely every post on every forum is worthless supposition in your oh so important opinion which begs the question . Why are you on a thread about rumours when comments on those rumours upset you so ?

I would have thought that the point is very simple. You wrote "Beggars belief that we are offering so much money". How do you know what money is being offered and how much is it that you feel it necessary to state that it beggars belief? Me thinks you are going on what the papers have said that Spurs are trying to get. That may be true, it may not be, but you seem awfully certain, so was just wondering how certain you were.