Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Highly rated from what I've read about Luan, but would expect bigger clubs to be in to him plus I'm pretty sure we don't scout in South America Europe only, but that may have changed.According to reports Liverpool and Arsenal want him and he has a move to Spartak Moscow on hold.

Highly rated from what I've read about Luan, but would expect bigger clubs to be in to him plus I'm pretty sure we don't scout in South America Europe only, but that may have changed.According to reports Liverpool and Arsenal want him and he has a move to Spartak Moscow on hold.

We need a better source than a random Twitter account before getting excited.

Could the loan be nasri? Surplus at city. Had a great preseason fro what I hear. Position we need. But he is not our type is signing at all.

He'd be a great signing. Can't see it, but would be a good addition.

WTF? I can't think of much worse TBH. Big time Charlie on big wages, who wouldn't be arsed.

We clearly need a no 10. I'm struggling to think of anyone better who's probably available on a season long loan. He'd improve our starting 11.

On a slightly different tack, I see the PL are to discuss changing the end of the window to the day before the season starts, which, imo, could only be good.

But Sky suggest it would be a problem as continental clubs could still buy from the PL after that, "weakening the league".

Surely a simply answer is for PL clubs to refuse to sell after the season starts, if they don't want to?

More important, again imo, is curbing the powers of agents, but I haven't a clue how you start.

Apologies if this is a different thread.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

On a slightly different tack, I see the PL are to discuss changing the end of the window to the day before the season starts, which, imo, could only be good.

But Sky suggest it would be a problem as continental clubs could still buy from the PL after that, "weakening the league".

Surely a simply answer is for PL clubs to refuse to sell after the season starts, if they don't want to?

More important, again imo, is curbing the powers of agents, but I haven't a clue how you start.

How many continental clubs buy players from the PL? Doesn't seem like it would be a big problem in practice.

The Club can blacklist unscrupulous agents, and encourage others to do the same. Make a stand.

Could the loan be nasri? Surplus at city. Had a great preseason fro what I hear. Position we need. But he is not our type is signing at all.

From what I have heard even his own teammates dislike him because he's so arrogant.

Can't see it happening at all, more like a West Ham signing, he's too old, on too high wages and doesn't fit our team personality wise. He'd be straight on to Virgil probably telling him new ways to force a move.

Just because the domestic window is shut and clubs are refusing to sell it would not stop Coutinho, for example, agitating for a move to Barca.

Just because the domestic window is shut and clubs are refusing to sell it would not stop Coutinho, for example, agitating for a move to Barca.

Yeah but most of the problems come from English to English club sales. Players going from the PL to Barca and their ilk are pretty rare so while not perfect closing the window the day before the season started would still help.

£120 million for those three seems very optimistic to me. Aside the Ox, the other two are on long contracts. Can't see us selling for less than £70 million, if not more, then I'd expect Leicester to want £35 million plus for Drinkwater and Arsenal have already turned down £35 million for Chamberlain.

Do we have a sell on fee for Chamberlain? He's got 1 year left on his contract, so wouldn't mind him leaving if we get a cut...!

At one stage they were having to pay us 10 grand every time he completed 20 mins or more of a match. The first season he played for arse Wenger was trying to limit his game time because of it if I remember. Not sure if that is still in force, prob not after all this time

Boo! That's not the news we want to hear, so going to stick my fingers in my ears and chant "la la la" until 11pm.

Roberts only wanted to go to Celtic. City apparently wanted him to come here to gain Premier League experience rather than the Scottish Mickey Mouse league.

Roberts only wanted to go to Celtic. City apparently wanted him to come here to gain Premier League experience rather than the Scottish Mickey Mouse league.

That's fine by me, as I have no interest in helping City develop one of their players. If they want him to get PL experience then they should play him in their team. As it is, I don't think that PL clubs should be able to loan players to/from other PL teams.

That's fine by me, as I have no interest in helping City develop one of their players. If they want him to get PL experience then they should play him in their team. As it is, I don't think that PL clubs should be able to loan players to/from other PL teams.

Absolutely agree with this

I though the new rule was that everyone had to have a Chelsea player on loan. But I agree PL clubs should not be allowed, except in very exceptional circumstances (eg. Goallies) to lend players to each other. It just encourages the big clubs to stockpile talent and turn their youth set up in to a profit centre.

How about, the league has a 'pool' of agents/lawyers which is funded by player wages and/or clubs. These agents are paid a decent salary but not much if anything in the way of bonus/commission. Each agent is responsible for a number of players and negotiates contracts, to make sure the club don't take advantage of the players (which they would). If the players want to then pay an 'agent' to help with all the non-football/financial stuff (e.g. buying furniture, boosting image, sponsorship deals etc) they can, but they are excluded from negotiations between players and clubs. Not only would the new agents not yield such power, they wouldn't be puppet masters, but also all under one roof player wages would become a bit more standardised.

It's a work in progress purely in the confines of my mind, and it's never going to happen. But one can dream - this along with team salary caps could fix our broken game!

We'll let Celtic develop him for a couple of years before he joins Saints.

https://talksport.com/football/transfer-news-former-tottenham-striker-roberto-soldado-set-join-fenerbahce-ps725million

Hilarious...

Soldado was purchased for for 26m and sold for 7.5.... so yet again you are wrong.... [emoji38]

Totally irrelevant due to the players age . But then again you are soo desperate for attention you probably didn't read it

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk