Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

I hope that we can get Hoedt over the line. I also hope that this is an attempt to strengthen the squad at the CB position, rather than laying the track for VVD's departure if Chelsea or City come in with a big offer.

Many, especially Liverpool supporters will see it as a clear sign that VVD is off, if we can get Hoedt.

In theory if we played Van D and Hoedt and introduce Mario could we finish top 6? Or wouldn't you want to see Virgil play for us again?

Id be interested to know if anyone wouldnt want to see him in a saints shirt again? Currently hating the guy but another year for us playing for his world cup place would be awesome. Maybe one more face in the attacking area and it would be a really interesting line up and could be a good season

Who would you go for attacking wise? Another striker? Or creative player? I reckon we should just lay down some serious cash and get Ziyech in.

The reality is im happy with Gabbi up top (given our financial limitations), someone in behind to find his runs and pop up with goals would be my hope - that said, sigurrdson is worth 40odd million so i dont know if its likely to happen! Not sure i like austin as a second striker also (nervous about impacts of his movement maybe) but find it hard to see us getting in someone better. I can se why we're in the state we are in that area and maybe its just a case of hope that boufal comes good this season or buy that random brazilian that was linked the other day who i know nothing about but am excited about because hes an exciting brazilian and my CM2 days are overtaking my common sense.

Anybody who doesn't want Virgil back in the tam needs their head examined. He will make us much, much stronger. He's a leader, an organiser, a goal scorer, a world class CB etc etc. He's had a paddy, the club have said tough. Let's move on and put it behind us.

Anybody who doesn't want Virgil back in the tam needs their head examined. He will make us much, much stronger. He's a leader, an organiser, a goal scorer, a world class CB etc etc. He's had a paddy, the club have said tough. Let's move on and put it behind us.
I totally agree with you Ralph. Good interview BTW :)

"The black box is buzzing"...OK Ralph.

Hoedt is starting to sound like a good possibility, with the club attempting to get ahead of the curve on the VVD replacement speculation.

Will he get in the team before Stephens? If not will he be happy swapping Lazio for our bench if so what happens to Jack's development?

Disagree that Hoedt coming in would signal the end for VvD.

Hodet is left footed and could easily play next to Virgil. If we are serious about not selling this summer, it would be very sensible to get VvD's replacement in this year and give him a season adapting to the PL before being our key CB next year.

For me, Hoedt would be the perfect Fonte Replacement and would give us the possibility to play 3 at the back:

Stephens VvD Hoedt

That being said, I cannot see us keeping hold of VvD and if we do sell, I would be getting 2 cbs instead of 1.

Is he back on side?

I think it's VvD you need to convince not the fan's.

ARMSTRONG CLOSE TO NEW DEAL

Sky sources understand that Stuart Armstrong will be staying with Scottish Premiership champions Celtic after agreeing terms on a new deal.

The midfielder, who signed from Dundee United in 2015, will sign his new contract later this week.

My thoughts entirely

I've just tried to work through a team with 3 CB's. As rigid and awesome as it would be, we'd have a lot of attacking talent on the bench / in the stands and scoring would appear to be the bigger issue for us right now.

Allows you to play two up front.

3 at the back:

-------------------Forster------------------

--------Stephens--VVD--Hoedt----------

--Cedric--------------------------Bertrand--

-------------Lemina---Romeu---------------

-----Redmond------------------Boufal------

------------------Gabbiadini----------------

Not sure it would work.

3 at the back:

-------------------Forster------------------

--------Stephens--VVD--Hoedt----------

--Cedric--------------------------Bertrand--

-------------Lemina---Romeu---------------

-----Redmond------------------Boufal------

------------------Gabbiadini----------------

Not sure it would work.

With three at the back you don't really need 2 DM. But I agree it doesn't look right.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

"The black box is buzzing"

Have to assume that means at least two more in - you can't say that if we are expecting just one more signing, surely?

Great statement from King Ralph all in all. I'm starting to believe it.

Have to assume that means at least two more in - you can't say that if we are expecting just one more signing, surely?

Great statement from King Ralph all in all. I'm starting to believe it.

Hoedt and Vietto IMO. (later being a loan with an option on deadline day)