Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Exactly that for me - if we can send the Geordies even deeper in the pooh this weekend then I would go after Wiljnadum in summer exactly what we need IMO.

Would take Sissoko - good player in there; been coasting it with a sub-par side. Not sure whether some of the touted big clubs would still come in for him.

Where is it stated we have to sell next summer?

His contract? newsrags? forum hearsay or your overactivley negative mind...

We never let anyone get into the final year of their contract, let alone when they are worth near £20m perhaps.

If Forster doesn't sign a new contract by summer 2017 we will 99% sell him that summer.

Do you disagree?

Other than a few goals at the start of the season, has Wjinaldum done much this season? He's not stood out in a terrible Newcastle side since what, October? Maybe he has played well and I've just missed it. I have to be honest I can't remember the last time I watched 90 minutes of a Newcastle game (thank god).

Other than a few goals at the start of the season, has Wjinaldum done much this season? He's not stood out in a terrible Newcastle side since what, October? Maybe he has played well and I've just missed it. I have to be honest I can't remember the last time I watched 90 minutes of a Newcastle game (thank god).

Scored more than our midfield put together :-) I have watched him only on TV MOTD/Sky games but he has great movement and creates chances he put in the cross for their equaliser in the derby game. Davis couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Apparently Benitez is very impressed with him, or at least the idea of him

"He is so good, he can play everywhere and do well."

"“I’m convinced that he (Wijnaldum) will do well, because watching him in training he has been really good,” Benitez added.

“He is one of the players that as a manager we enjoy to coach because he has pace, he has ability, and he is happy when he’s playing really well, is very positive.

“I think he will do well for us."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitez-reveals-what-believes-11065287

Not much, if you look at Newcastle forums then a lot of them joke they should leave him at home when they play away. But i've never been a fan of him, simply not the type of player i want as a attacking midfielder. He would be useful no doubt but imo, not the kind of player you spend a lot of money on.

If I were a Chelsea fan I'd be absolutely livid at going from Cech and Courtois to Fraser Forster in the space of two years.

I wonder if we could do a Begovic plus cash deal, though. Wouldn't be a bad swap at all if Fraser wanted to go.

Scored more than our midfield put together :-)

Actually he hasn't. Wijnaldum 9, Saints Midfielders 13 (Tadic 7, Davis 2, W-P 2, Romeu 2). There is some discrepancy between sites on how many Tadic has scored.

:)

Edited by VectisSaint
Wijnaldum has only scored 9 not 10

I wonder if we could do a Begovic plus cash deal, though. Wouldn't be a bad swap at all if Fraser wanted to go.

Would be a good shout, maybe get Ake thrown in as well. Think he wants to leave Chelsea if not in the first team picture next season.

Wijnaldum will want to leave if they go down. Might be the ideal replacement/upgrade for Davis.

I'd also like us to look at Janmaat. He's worked with Koeman before and in my opinion he's better the our RBs.

The third player we should look at is Krul in case Forster leaves.

I was a big fan of Wijnaldum early in the season, but he has been awful lately and, surprisingly, considering all the goals he scored, Newcastle fans want him dropped from their team. They say he is lazy and disinterested, and that's how he looked yesterday. Janmaat was shockingly bad yesterday and he is another player the Geordies are very unhappy with.

The foreign import who has made a difference in the relegation battle is Jan Kirchoff at Sunderland. He has been superb since they signed him in January, as he was when they played us at St Mary's.

http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/04/give-us-newcastle-v-southampton-player-ratings-todays-match-newcastle-united/

You want someone who can't get in the Newcastle team ahead of Steven Taylor?

Lascelles did look decent I thought. Taylor is a Geordie and an experienced player so can see why in theory he would start, especially as Coloccini is injured.

Problem is just that he is really poor.

Definitely think CB is an area we can strengthen. We are lucky Fonte and VVD have stayed fit. Yoshida isn't good enough if he had to start 20+ league games and Gardos is a fourth choice.

There is a whisper going around that Saints have an pre-agreement to sign Bradley Dack from Gillingham in the Summer. Not exactly the most exciting news (if it is true), but he is well regarded in League 1 and still fairly young.

I'd hope we're aiming higher. Wijnaldum seems a frustrating player, very rare glimpses of real quality. 4 goals at home to Norwich have really boosted his goal record and reputation but I think the money could be far better spent elsewhere.

Was he the short black player that all our Dutch Players made a point of speaking to last Saturday on Last Match Uncovered? Even Ronald Koeman waited for him outside the dressing room to speak.

Kirchhoff has been excellent, but this link (apologies for posting a Daily Mail link but it was the first site I found) is a prime example of football fans writing someone off early!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3402569/Jan-Kirchhoff-makes-horror-debut-Sunderland-against-Tottenham-Hotspur-Twittersphere-reacts-accordingly.html

Hands up here

Watching Kirchhoff on the TV during his early performances for Sunderland he seemed awful

Lately however he seems a very decent player well regarded by Mackem fans I know

Wouldn't mind him here

Wenger looking to offload Walcott, the Ox and Chambers. How much did we sell them for? Quite sad really how they never pushed on, all left too quickly though. Never really rated Chambers, but I think the wages of the other two may be out of our budget.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Wenger looking to offload Walcott, the Ox and Chambers. How much did we sell them for? Quite sad really how they never pushed on, all left too quickly though. Never really rated Chambers, but I think the wages of the other two may be out of our budget.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Is Chambers better than Cedric or Martina?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Interesting that people seem Ok with signing Wijnaldum who has played well in about 5 or 6 games all season and is one of Newcastle fans' most moaned about players, but wouldn't want to sign Idrissa Gueye from Villa, just 'cause it's Villa.

I can't see Saints making 'marquee' signings to replace Wanyama AND in the attacking midfield position (Oxlade-Chamberlain).

Perhaps we will go for Gueye and Oxlade-Chamberlain or Marquee CDM (who?) and someone like Ziyech/Wijnaldum as an alternative attacking midfield signing.

Bradley Dack mentioned above looks a half decent player, only seen him play for Gillingham twice, linked with lots of Championship sides - probably a better option off the bench than Juanmi...

Chambers coming back would cover CB and RB, although hopefully we would mould him into a long term Fonte replacement, while utilising him in our slightly problematic right back position initially.

Interesting that people seem Ok with signing Wijnaldum who has played well in about 5 or 6 games all season and is one of Newcastle fans' most moaned about players, but wouldn't want to sign Idrissa Gueye from Villa, just 'cause it's Villa.

I can't see Saints making 'marquee' signings to replace Wanyama AND in the attacking midfield position (Oxlade-Chamberlain).

Perhaps we will go for Gueye and Oxlade-Chamberlain or Marquee CDM (who?) and someone like Ziyech/Wijnaldum as an alternative attacking midfield signing.

Bradley Dack mentioned above looks a half decent player, only seen him play for Gillingham twice, linked with lots of Championship sides - probably a better option off the bench than Juanmi...

Chambers coming back would cover CB and RB, although hopefully we would mould him into a long term Fonte replacement, while utilising him in our slightly problematic right back position initially.

Wijnaldum has scored 9 goals this season In a **** poor Newcastle side which is the same as Long and one less than Pelle and certainly a lot more than our central midfielders have managed. As long as he is played as an advanced midfielder behind the striker he would be very useful for a team that scores so few goals from that area. I believe his recent drop in form has seen him playing a deeper holding role which probably isn't a good use if him.