Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Chamberlain would be an amazing upgrade on Davis in a central role. He'll thrive at a club where he plays most games. He looks gutted every time he's subbed at Arsenal. Whenever he has a good game he seems to get dropped too, I wouldn't judge his abilities on his record there.

But yeah, I imagine he'll go to City or Liverpool. Pep has been talking about more English players too.

But would he play the majority of games at Liverpool or City? Unlikely IMO, he'll probably get less game time than he does at Arsenal. Bertrand came to us because he knew he wouldn't be first choice at one of the top clubs. If Oxo wants first team football enough, he may consider taking the pay cut. Then again, he may get a word in his ear from his father to stay away from us!

Wylan Cyprien (Nice) who we have been linked to and are apparently still looking at for this summer, looks to have got seriously injured tonight.

- Video not for feint hearted!

Oh dear. Someone on here said he was one of our top targets IIRC?

What about someone like Ignacio Camacho. £15m realease clause. Spanish speaking alongside Romeu? West Brom were looking at him but didn't stump up. Reads game well. Good positioning, strong. Cleans up in air

Wouldn't work, Camacho and Romeu are at their best in the same role patrolling the area in front of the CB. It would be like having two Wanyamas when what we need is another Schneiderlin. His passing is a bit Wanyama level too. Dani Ceballos of Betis is a better option, 15 million euro release clause.

"Forster's name is being whispered at places like Everton and that is enough for Southampton to become a little edgy."

A little edgy, ****ing jumping around trying to contain themselves more like. If we can off load him this summer for any sort of reasonable money , it'll be a master stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would have thought Hart to Everton was more likely. Be amazed if they want to sign FF.

As I said earlier, if we do sign a new GK I expect it'll be an import. (Finnish bloke playing in Germany seemed to have the hallmarks of a Saints type signing).

Would have thought Hart to Everton was more likely. Be amazed if they want to sign FF.

As I said earlier, if we do sign a new GK I expect it'll be an import. (Finnish bloke playing in Germany seemed to have the hallmarks of a Saints type signing).

https://svenska.yle.fi/artikel/2017/03/11/hradecky-kan-rora-pa-sig-funnits-viss-kontakt

May well be moving this summer.

Interesting article, but like many aspiring a move he sets out the wish for Champions League.

Thought this was an interesting phrase/part of the translation:

Aside brain release of the restart of the Bundesliga after the New Year, where he received a red card against RB Leipzig and got one match suspension, he has been every second between Frankfurt poles.

Something I've seen on here referred to as a "brain fart".

This was the incident:

What comments on here if that had been Boruc, or FF ?

WHOOPS!

Interesting article, but like many aspiring a move he sets out the wish for Champions League.

This was the incident:

This was the incident:

Ideally wanting a move to a Champions League club applies to most players doesn't it? Doesn't mean he will be offered such a move and clubs like us are next in line.

Yeah, I saw the howler, pretty sure it's the only one he has made all season, Lloris did 2 in one game against City but we would still take him.

That is one howler I don't think Forster would make though, it's too far from the goal line.:lol:

Hrádecký has been one of the best keepers in the Bundesliga for 2 seasons now. He's not Neuer, De Gea or Courtois, but he's got a good all round game, there isn't really anything you can point to as a weakness (except maybe handling the ball outside the box). He is a large part of the reason Eintracht are so high up the table, they don't have a particularly good team, 6th with an attack that is almost relegation standard.

And I want another Finnish keeper.

Not going to lie, I loved Fraser last season but it's clear the system protected him. If we can offload him for a decent price to Everton whilst bringing in Joe Hart then it would be brilliant business. Hart gets too much criticism. He's a top keeper.

I actually preferred him when he gamely bombed up and down the line for us in League 1. Seems a totally different player now. Much more measured, probably a better all round game, but I'm not sure he is a stand out central midfielder, whilst I thought he was a stand out right midfielder able to get up and down, make the right choices but also have the pace and flair to do damage in the final third. I cant remember the last time I saw him beat a man for Arsenal. Obviously hes playing at a totally different level, so waltzing past fullbacks is not as easy as it was in league 1, but he just never does that, which is a shame.

If he came to us I think he would play on the right again.

There's a few good young players coming through at Toulouse atm. Would be surprised if they're not on our radar.

Yann Bodiger- DM, Alexis Blin- CM, Issa Diop- CB (Highlight video)

Imagine all would be around our usual 10-15m price bracket and I'm sure Puel will be aware of them.

looks like Everton might be looking for a new striker in the summer maybe we can flog them Jrod

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4313316/Romelu-Lukaku-tells-Everton-NOT-sign-new-contract.html

He says they lack ambition!:lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4317928/Romelu-Lukaku-wants-leave-Everton-win-trophies.html

Next he will say that being the first to have dugouts is pointless. Everton fans will drop back down to Earth harder than the meteor that wiped out the dinossaurs:lol:

Wait, wait, it gets better. He said they are living in the past!:lol:

"Everton as a football club has a great history. But the future has to be written. You get me? Because we always talk about the teams of the 80s and 70s, and if you look it was great. But we as players, we want the fans talking about us instead of us talking about them."

:lol::lol::lol:

Wait, wait, it gets better. He said they are living in the past!:lol:

"Everton as a football club has a great history. But the future has to be written. You get me? Because we always talk about the teams of the 80s and 70s, and if you look it was great. But we as players, we want the fans talking about us instead of us talking about them."

:lol::lol::lol:

Ha. He is going to experience the full jovial banter and untamed wit of the jolly humorous scousers. They always see the funny side you see of a player not praising their club, Been trained by Stan Boardman they have.

Remind me again, is Puel still here? Only you did say that he would be gone by Christmas.

do you think Joe Hart will be playing for Southampton next season?

do you think we will pay him £100k+ per week?

yes or no will do