Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Caceres' wages are exceedingly high for a player that was only brought in as a short term backup, and in that period managed to show his belonging to most of the young females of Southampton and Winchester, so it's hardly surprising we didn't offer him a new deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caceres' wages are exceedingly high for a player that was only brought in as a short term backup, and in that period managed to show his belonging to most of the young females of Southampton and Winchester, so it's hardly surprising we didn't offer him a new deal.

Couldn't care less if he did it on the field. Obviously don't remember Frank Worthington.

Once he sees the young ladies at Leicester he'll be back here pleading for a job.

Or we have completely clueless management that does not learn from the Fonte shambles

You're one pessimistic sod aren't you?

If you're to be believed, we're waiting for the failing playoff manager and are selling everyone

SSN: WEST HAM BID FOR IHEANACHO

West Ham have made an offer for Man City striker Kelechi Iheanacho, according to Sky sources.

Man City value him at £20m with several other Premier League clubs also interested.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/10896393/west-ham-make-offer-for-man-citys-kelechi-iheanacho

If he goes to West Ham and we aren't one of the clubs intrested, then the recruitment staff need to get the boot.

Class player and would be a perfect replacement for Jay and Long.

£20m is nothing for a striker in today's market.

SSN: Man City are in advance talks to sign Benfica goalkeeper Ederson on a deal worth in the region of £45m.

(If City do want Virgil, they aren't going to f*ck around with low bids with how pro-active they have been so far!)

SSN: Man City are in advance talks to sign Benfica goalkeeper Ederson on a deal worth in the region of £45m.

(If City do want Virgil, they aren't going to f*ck around with low bids with how pro-active they have been so far!)

City are like me on championship manager 2 (circa 1995) when i had a cheat code which gave me 999 million. I used to bid 14 million for Chris Sutton just to avoid any rejections (he was worth 2m)

I used to throw cash around like polly

Chapter Caceres : "Martin you're finding it very well with English football. In January, we decided to accept the Southampton location for the project. For the moment did not play much, soon we will sit at a table to understand what will be its future . If Southampton will put him at the center of the project is not ruled out staying there , otherwise we will evaluate other offers. "

Per approfondire http://www.calcioweb.eu/foto/esclusi...IlK5w7YFOb0.99[/

Also the interesting thing about what his agent says - in that they will sit down and discuss the future and then went on to say that if we see him in our plans then it is possible that he will stay. And then lastly if not then evaluate other others. So to me his Agent would not have mentioned us an option if the player has interest elsewhere and didn't want to stay. He could have just said that the player has left us and is looking at other options but didn't. So here's hoping he stays. Too good a player to turn away.

So it appears West ham are favourites to sign Tadic lol

Wouldn't surprise me if they are interested as I remember reading that they wanted to try and focus on bringing in ready-made players with Prem experience.

Also not difficult to imagine that after losing Payet, they would have crunched some numbers and Tadic would likely figure very high in the "chances created" & "assists" categories.

Can't believe so many people want Tadic to go. Inconsistent but Undoubtedly a class player

Surprised me, I thought he was well liked apart from some inconsistencies, which all players suffer from.

I'm a big fan of Tadic, can't help but think the loss of a target man effected his game.

Having said that however he has been very poor this season in attitude as well as performance.

At his best, he's essential to us.

At his worst he's like a modern day Fabrice Fernandes.

Isn't it the normal state for almost all flair player - inconsistency? I think some fans have a hard time to appreciate "flair" players. Flair players are more likely to be inconsistent because they aren't pulling off the ordinary stuff. When Tadic is on beat he's hugely valuable for the team. Lack of form and Puels tactics hasn't helped him this season but I think he will come good again with right management and motivation.

Utter madness to wanna get rid IMO

I'm a big fan of Tadic, can't help but think the loss of a target man effected his game.

Having said that however he has been very poor this season in attitude as well as performance.

Agree with this. linked up lovely with Pele. Much better coming off the left than central imo.

Very clever player but poor finisher.

Rumoured he fell out with RK as well as CP?

Always been a fan of Tadic and feel that when he plays well we tend to win. However, he has been poor all season and so has his attitude. He clearly think he is better than us, whereas we are very much his level. He featured heavily in that article about Koeman 'damaging players' confidence' last season, then moaned publicly about Puel substituting him, and also has fallen out with the Serbia manager. Surely, the third time, he has to start wondering whether it's him rather than the manager's. Would no longer be sad to see him go. Get someone in who turns up for more than 10 games a season.

Tadic will come good under the next manager to put him back on the left wing, and get some goalscorers playing around him. In our team there's no enough options to pick out, he's been tried in the middle and just doesn't get involved enough, and his finishing is appalling. All attacking players have suffered under Puel.

If West ham got him and Ihaenacho to play with Antonio they'd have a very good attack. I don't think we can have Redmond and Tadic as while both can be good, neither can be relied on for 10-15 goals a season.

yeah Tadic prefers playing in the middle though

Dušan Tadić believes the shift to playing in the number ten role at Sunderland helped bring out the best in him.

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-02-15/dusan-tadic-post-sunderland-0-4-southampton-premier-league

And our most creative player.

(Unsurprisingly) most of the idiots on here do not appreciate that fact (I use the word fact, as it is statistically proven) !

He is a class player, no Messi for sure, but he would be immensely difficult for us to replace without spending a fortune !

All IMHO, of course !

Agree with this. linked up lovely with Pele. Much better coming off the left than central imo.

Very clever player but poor finisher.

Rumoured he fell out with RK as well as CP?

100% agree re playing him on the left.i can't help but feel in a 4-2-3-1 Tadic on the left, Boufal in the middle, and Redmond on the right would be our strongest attacking formation esp at home. If Claude had played that in the last 5 games I think we would have scored at least one more goal !

Strange how he fell out with Koeman even though he played his best football under him.

I'm also reliably informed he puts in more work than any other player in the gym in his own time after training.

100% agree re playing him on the left.i can't help but feel in a 4-2-3-1 Tadic on the left, Boufal in the middle, and Redmond on the right would be our strongest attacking formation esp at home. If Claude had played that in the last 5 games I think we would have scored at least one more goal !

Strange how he fell out with Koeman even though he played his best football under him.

I'm also reliably informed he puts in more work than any other player in the gym in his own time after training.

He did play that combination against Hull and it was f_cking dreadful.

Tadic and Boufal together just doesn't work.

He had a handful of good games in the 10 but faded badly. Much more threatening on the left as tricky and delivers a good ball on the move.

He prefers 10 probably because he doesn't have to track back as much!

I always thought he was better on the left but reading this forum has recently taught me that the most important thing is the players happiness. Tadic should get what he wants (as should all the players) anything less is the sign of a poor manager apparently.

He did play that combination against Hull and it was f_cking dreadful.

Tadic and Boufal together just doesn't work.

I was at that game so apologies for that- just thought he'd played on the right. Even so I think it is worth persevering with if that was the only time it was tried.