Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Depending on formation going forward' date=' I think we need a quality, goal scoring midfielder (or two) and possibly an upgrade on Cedric if we are going with wing backs. Plus probably someone to eventually replace Fonte.[/quote']

I love the annual tradition of buying a replacement for José who ends up being the junior partner at CB, or even fighting for a place in the team.

Sure, he won't go on ever, but I think he's got another good season or two in him.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I know it won't happen as he'd probably be our record signing but i'd LOVE us to resign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. Arsenal will sell at the right price and I reckon they'd except what they paid for him in all honesty but I can see a bigger club paying in excess of 20mil for him.

I know it won't happen as he'd probably be our record signing but i'd LOVE us to resign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. Arsenal will sell at the right price and I reckon they'd except what they paid for him in all honesty but I can see a bigger club paying in excess of 20mil for him.

Agree, I'd love to see him back but recent reports linking City, Liverpool & Utd with him.

Wenger doesn't tend to let players go too easily, so will be interesting to see what happens.

Surely what he needs to do is to go to a team a little further down the pecking order who play nice football, who would play him where he wants to play? Rather than go and sit on a bench somewhere else.

Just seen on Sky Sports News that West Hams top two transfer targets are Wilfred Bony and Christian Benteke. I know they will pay stupid wages but we should be all over both of these. They would suit us down to the ground. Especially Bony!

Just seen on Sky Sports News that West Hams top two transfer targets are Wilfred Bony and Christian Benteke. I know they will pay stupid wages but we should be all over both of these. They would suit us down to the ground. Especially Bony!

Christian Benteke who cost Liverpool £32.5m less than a year ago? You're having a laugh.

I wouldn't want either of them at Saints despite their ability. When fully fit I reckon we're good in the Striker position with 4 decent options (5 including Mane) and all with different attributes. If Newcastle go down then I'd love us to put an offer in for Wijnaldum. Likewise with Khazri if Sunderland go.

Christian Benteke who cost Liverpool £32.5m less than a year ago? You're having a laugh.

Yeah, I don't see us in for either as too expensive - Wouldn't surprise me to see West Ham have a punt on one of them though.

Don't see us looking for an expensive striker this summer. Replacement for Mane & a "No.10" possibly?

I wouldn't want either of them at Saints despite their ability. When fully fit I reckon we're good in the Striker position with 4 decent options (5 including Mane) and all with different attributes. If Newcastle go down then I'd love us to put an offer in for Wijnaldum. Likewise with Khazri if Sunderland go.

Wijnaldum all day long just the sort of attacking midfielder we need. He is far to good for Newcastle and (slightly worryingly) has scored more league goals this season than any of our strikers....

LOL. You're having a laugh if you think he'll be going for anywhere near that amount. Look at Andy Carroll. £35m then sold for £15m.

Was thinking about players that may be of interest from teams in the bottom 4 not it looks likely to be 3 from 4 of these being relegated.

Could be some rich pickings from Newcastle especially.

Sunderland: Kirchoff, Khazri, Borini

Newcastle: Krul, Janmaat, Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Perez, Shelvey, Townsend, Mitrovic, Cisse?

Norwich: Redmond, Bamford, Olsson

Aston Villa: Gueye, Grealish, Traore

Was thinking about players that may be of interest from teams in the bottom 4 not it looks likely to be 3 from 4 of these being relegated.

Newcastle: Krul, Janmaat, Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Perez, Shelvey, Townsend, Mitrovic, Cisse?

Bold are the only ones i'd consider.

I might consider Van Anholt at left back if we want to play 3 at the back on a regular basis next season.

And this, dear reader, is why we don't have a fan on the board.

Same as every year - Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Swansea's struggles this year might mean he would now see us as an improvement, or at least would consider a move away, up until now I've had the impression he's quite happy there.

My main concern is that if Sigurdsson was available, I'm sure there would be other suitors that he would prefer.

Bold are the only ones i'd consider.

Not Sissoko? Would be interested to hear why not. He can actually play as a wide midfielder rather than a striker-on-the-wing, which might give us more options in terms of formations. Also saw a stat of 'chances created' a little while ago and he was quite near the top - hard to know exactly how these lists are put together, but I wonder if he's gone under the radar because of lack of goals/assists compared to Wijnaldum.

Happy to be enlightened on this, I haven't watch a great deal of Newcastle.

wijnaldum only one to consider- nice little replacement for davis.

when you buy players from teams 16th and less, we'll probably end up there.

the squad depth is there kinda, we have two players for each position almost but just need to improve on the first team now, and relegate them to the subs.

oxlade chamberlain or sisto to replace mane for me. however no doubt we will have someone else in mind... both could be expensive too potentially but nowadays £12m is the average price *sigh*

Swansea's struggles this year might mean he would now see us as an improvement, or at least would consider a move away, up until now I've had the impression he's quite happy there.

My main concern is that if Sigurdsson was available, I'm sure there would be other suitors that he would prefer.

What's his contract situation? I imagine he'd cost an absolute fortune.

Massive summer ahead, we need to be proactive in the market, everyone in the league will have the money to attract at least 1 or 2 10 million plus signings each, we can't afford to be left behind.

Massive summer ahead, we need to be proactive in the market, everyone in the league will have the money to attract at least 1 or 2 10 million plus signings each, we can't afford to be left behind.

If we can improve the squad, yes, but only the right players for us in the right positions.

I don't see it as progress just chasing marquee signings. Remember Osvaldo, Ramirez.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I hope we buy players to start and they dont require half a season to play a few games on the bounce

A keeper to challenge Forster or be an able deputy

A Left footed, quick CB

a top replacement for Vic as sure as shyt he is off

and a quality, No.10 type of player

I think Mane will stay, I cannot see a club paying the money required to get him, after the season he has had

can see Stek, Vic, Yoshida, Pelle being sold/leaving

A nmuber of people are suggesting we'll need to replace mane, but after the goal drought he has had is anyone still going to want to buy him?

exactly. He has been pretty crap this season. A universe away from a £30m player...around the cost it would be to get him from us this summer you would imagine

Not Sissoko? Would be interested to hear why not. He can actually play as a wide midfielder rather than a striker-on-the-wing, which might give us more options in terms of formations. Also saw a stat of 'chances created' a little while ago and he was quite near the top - hard to know exactly how these lists are put together, but I wonder if he's gone under the radar because of lack of goals/assists compared to Wijnaldum.

Happy to be enlightened on this, I haven't watch a great deal of Newcastle.

I must say I haven't seen his stats and i'm only basing it on the few times that I've seen him play where he just seemed to clatter people, lose the ball and miss good opportunities. Maybe I've just been unlucky.

which these days is the going price for and average PL player rather than a top signing

I hope we buy players to start and they dont require half a season to play a few games on the bounce

A keeper to challenge Forster or be an able deputy

A Left footed, quick CB

a top replacement for Vic as sure as shyt he is off

and a quality, No.10 type of player

I think Mane will stay, I cannot see a club paying the money required to get him, after the season he has had

can see Stek, Vic, Yoshida, Pelle being sold/leaving

Didn't he sign a new contract pretty recently? I can't see him going anytime soon unless a newly promoted side offer over the odds for him and guarantee him 1st team football.

A new contract for Koeman is the top priority could be a grim season if we have a locker room of players aware that the manager is just seeing out the final year of his contract. But ultimately it appears like that will only happen if we show a bit more ambition in the transfer market, something I can't see the board commiting to unfortunately.

A new contract for Koeman is the top priority could be a grim season if we have a locker room of players aware that the manager is just seeing out the final year of his contract. But ultimately it appears like that will only happen if we show a bit more ambition in the transfer market, something I can't see the board commiting to unfortunately.

Blimey, at least wait until the end of this season before you write off the next one :p