Nivea Boy

GAS

Just thought I'd share what I read in the 'I' Newspaper today.

'Lallana: United defeats makes this game massive'.

(Lallana's comment after being taken off 10 minutes before the end of Klopps first game in charge of Liverpool.)

'....I looked exhausted and that's why I fell deep into his jacket, his big arms wrapped around me, it means a lot if your manager is genuinely showing some affection for you'.

Could have been written by Catherine Cookson (not that I'd know of course). Or maybe Jimmy Case. :mcinnes:

I heard that as the burglers were removing his beard he nearly woke up but luckily he remained exhausted and in a deep sleep. Apparently it was a close shave.

... he was bristling with anger when he woke up eventually

To be fair to him he has been superb recently for Liverpool, think it's time everyone just moved on. If he does well it just shows how good we are at developing players. Clyne was awesome last night as well. 2 best players on the pitch last night apart from De Gea.

I sadly texted a Liverpool-supporting friend of mine that for the first time, I had to admit that £57Mn for Lallana/Clyne/Lovren looked like a fair deal.

Seems like a lot of money for players we got for under £12m nevertheless.

• 2 weeks later...
Terrific to get one over on him yesterday, especially after seeing him lauding it when they were winning.

Yep, watching the ungrateful **** celebrating like a maniac when Joe Allen "scored", harassing the ref after awarding us the pen and his fist pumping when Mane missed.

He's a touchy little so and so isn't he? Clearly it meant a lot to him to beat us, I have him as very thin skinned, just like Lovren who I actually think is borderline mental!

He probably thinks that, after all he has done for us, we should be more appreciative and laud him when he comes back.

Unfortuantly, unlike SRL and Morgan, his departure was marred by his sudden change of allegience, his total disregard for the club that made him, and his failure to comprehend how fickle we can be. His handling of it was a PR nightmare. Plenty of Ex - Players when they come back to a former team just remain stumm. If they score, don't celebrate,just get on with your job.

A quick thanks to Saints, and here to the next chapter sort of thing would have gone down better.

Still, live and learn.

He's the worst of them all. Unsure what the reception was like from the Northam, but I thought he got off lightly from where I was sat in Itchen North.

Nobody gave a toss that he was on the pitch until Lovren went off and a backup boo victim was needed.

Didn't hear anything of songs about who his kid's father was from Block 41, assuming that was a "back of 42" thing?

No an Itchen North thing.

Yep, Itchen North: "The babies not yours, the babies not yours, Adam Lallana, the babies not yours".

A reference to his missus getting called out on Twitter for allegedly ****ing some random lad on holiday and the reason La Rat is no longer on Twitter.

Lovren I couldn't give a **** about, just a normal mercenary that I've never lost any sleep over, it is hilarious how he always bites though! La Rat 100x worse, signing a new contract, saying he wants to end his career with us, our captain, leader and potential legend as big as Le God but threw it away when "Stevie G" batted his eyelashes at him and decided to go out of his way to disrespect our club, the one that helped him through severe health issues at a young age and developed him into an England international.

Southampton FC are not a bad club. We do things (generally) with class and respect. The fact the club was so unforthcoming with thanks/ praise for La Rat when he left speaks volumes. He let a lot of people down.

• 3 months later...

"But for all this good work there is a touch of the Tony Daley about him: that maddening tendency to be so obviously busy but lack an end product. He’s scored no goals in 26 games for England. So the regular sight of his rueful face being beamed back from France after miscued shots against Russia, Wales and Slovakia was hardly unexpected. “I feel it’s coming – keep working hard and it will come,” he said of his trouble in front of goal after the Slovakia match. But will it? Really?"

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/jun/24/adam-lallana-england-euro-2016