• Davis
    • Tadić
    • Long
    • Pellè
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Mané
    • Yoshida

Phew...

Graziano scores twice before Tadić wasted a glorious chance. Stoke pulled one back quickly at the start of the second half, before Sadio's late red - that didn't look like a red...

Saints hold on for a big, big, big three points.

Still in the race for Europa League football.

Thoughts...

Sounds like Lee Mason had a very Lee Mason-ish game.

How was our new look back four? Been at work so I haven't seen any of the game, just followed on here and BBC text.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Manes red has to be overturned surely, but he did absolutely f*ck all anyway.

The ref put a bet on Stoke to win at half time.

Everyone played well enough except Romeu and Clasie second half, Mane who was anonymous and Tadic for 5 seconds near the end of the first half.

Big, big win.

A bonus 3 points, and probably deserved - great finishing (I'm not including you DT in that) and has given us back some momentum after the Bournemouth, Chelsea and Sunderland performances

VVD, Pelle and Long all put in great shifts today

We looked comfortable in defence and rarely troubled. Martina is not better than Cedric and their goal came from his absence from position.

Good to see Pelle back on form and Tadic just seems to lack self belief in front of goal. We played a slower game today and that helped with our build-ups.

Still a bit laboured and sloppy 'though so we must hope Liverpool have an off day.

R

Great away performance.

Pelle, Long and VVD were a joy to watch.

GET IN!

Can't argue with this . No one really played bad although tadic..........

And the red by the ref who I thought was not Too bad was a dreadful mistake . But splendid away performance against a very solid team...

Vvd must have had 300 headers as well

I never felt more confortable as a saints fan being 2-1 up away from home.Van Dijk ,Pelle and Long were excellent.struggling to see why imbula is worth 18 mill off the pace completely.Also a shoutout to matt targett who made shaqiri look very average before he went off and gave another solid solid display.Onwards and Upwards COYR

Forster-7

Martina-6

Van Dijk-8

Bertrand-7

Targett-7

Romeu-6

Clasie-6

Davis-7

Pelle-9

Long-8

Ward Prowse-7

Mane-6

Yoshida-6

Is Mason the worst referee in the PL? Even worse than Friend?

We really should have won 5-1. Long should have passed to Tadic who was unmarked. Tadic should have scored himself instead of trying to be too clever when he could have pulled the trigger. Tadic should definitely have had a penalty if there had been a competent referee. Mason should have given either a penalty or yellow to Tadic for diving, but making a decision like that would have extended his brain cells beyond their capabilities.

What becomes of Mane now? Presumably dangerous play, allegedly, but also having had another red earlier this season. How do we get the most reds when we are not a dirty team?

Pelle realises finally that he needs to move to the ball to gain any advantage and scores two goals as a result. At last! Tadic put in a good shift as a creative AM. Stonewall pen turned down for some crazy reason and Mane's incorrect sending off is not punished in terms of the 3 points thankfully. Officials once again trying to make themselves more important to a result than the players.

It was a terrific first half, we really should have been out of sight. There was always going to be a stoke reaction, ultimately it did get them a goal, but we re-organised ourselves and reverted to the first half style again. It was a very composed and confident away performance and for the most part we kept them at arms length. A huge game to win in for what our goals are this season.

That red card - what the actual ****? Centre forwards/defenders make those sort of ''challenges'' 100 times a game, how in gods name is that a foul, let alone a straight red for christ sake?

Really great result, great away performance...in spite misplaced passing being a bit of a theme.

Never a red. However, and being slightly negative, since being dropped, Mane looks completely disinterested. Before being dropped he simply lacked the composure which he displayed in front of goal last year, I.e. he was still a dangerous unpredictable player, albeit a bit blunt. Now he looks like he won't, and doesn't want to do, all that much. Weird.

Amazing that we're having a "poor" season that we're all disappointed with...yet we're 7th. In the Premier League.

Absolutely. If we got another chance at Europa league and keep our players, then I could say that was a lot more than I was expecting at the start of the season.

Immense performances by VVD and Shane Long. Steven Davis did a lot of good work as well.

A massive result in keeping our season alive ... and once again Koeman defies all logic with his line up and comes up trumps again!!

Being just 3 pts behind Man U really makes our shocking results/performances against the likes of Sunderland, Villa, Norwich and Bomo so crucial.

Cracking result, wasn't expecting that. I had a little worry that we might start slipping down the league as a tough looking run of fixtures comes along, and The Brittania is a tough place to go, but this was a welcome 3 points.