• Clasie
    • Davis
    • Tadić
    • Long
    • Pellè
    • Wanyama
    • Mané
    • Ward-Prowse

First time I've seen the highlights since being there, what a finish by Pelle, where has that been since before Xmas? Still believe it was a penalty on long, and possibly a red for Lovren, seen them given for far less.

I really like Klopp, such a shame he's managing such an odious club now.

I'm enjoying it a bit more on MotD2.

Forster should have saved the first, then kept us in the game with the save from Allen he had no right to make.

JWP's role in the last goal was understated, but awful clearances from Mignolet and Skrtel helped.

I'm enjoying it a bit more on MotD2.

Forster should have saved the first, then kept us in the game with the save from Allen he had no right to make.

JWP's role in the last goal was understated, but awful clearances from Mignolet and Skrtel helped.

Pressure breeds panic. Anybody can look a class player when they have all the time in the world.

"The Southampton supporters singing the song calling Loveren a c.nt is absouletly disgusting.

This is the first match I have attended in a while and I couldn't believe a whole section of there supporters were singing such a disgusting song about a ex player.

Just wondering whether this had affected Loveren and that's why Klopp made the substitution.

I am just glad I hadn't taken my son to the match because I wouldn't want him to here that."

If he's affected that much by some singing then he's a lot softer than he ought to be. And Klopp's decision to sub him was a major factor in our second half success.

Subbing Lovren was sensible. He was awful and was going to be sent off.

Unfortunate for them that Skrtel was hardly any better.

Must admit I thought Long dived in the first half but having seen it on MOTD I have changed my mind, the pantomime villan definitely pushed him in the back. Apologies Shane.

Funnily enough having seen it on MotD2 I thought Long ran into Lovren despite the ball going in a totally different direction and have completely changed my opinion of it.

First time I've seen the highlights since being there, what a finish by Pelle, where has that been since before Xmas? Still believe it was a penalty on long, and possibly a red for Lovren, seen them given for far less.

I really like Klopp, such a shame he's managing such an odious club now.

I don't see the appeal Of Klopp, plenty of over the top theatrics on the touchline, plenty of bitterness in his after match interviews.

So what about the abuse directed towards Sterling? Doesn't count, right?

Such a precious club, they do my head in. They are so above everyone else in their distorted minds.

Good to read, where is that from?

Itchen North giving out plenty all game, not many similar parts of the ground in the Premier League these days.

I wonder why Sadio looked so hacked off at the end of the match? You would think he be happy enough to crack a smile.

He seemed more upbeat in his Solent interview after the game but it was a strange reaction, maybe he was in shock that he actually, finally played well.

Anyone lip read the conversation between Lallana and the ref when he gave the penalty?

I noticed that, also the little conversation between Lallana and Louvren when they scored their first goal, pair of ****s, before Lallana nestled his head into Courtinio as he hugged him. I was just thankful that Forster didn't save Bentekes effort as he could well have pushed it out to the little ***** who would have had an open goal.

Where are all of Lallanas mates tonight.

You thought you had scored - you were wrong. If Tadic 'only did one thing' then what a thing. Best non-goal ever.

(watched it again a few times and you only see Tadic start his run/protest towards the linesman for a split second - TV quickly cuts to these happy folks)

k0rcki.jpg

Why didn't the pundits analyse the Long penalty claim on MOTD2? Usually they do, but seemingly not when either it is a case of it being us, or rather that it was against one of their glory teams.

Thankfully, that claim made no difference, that is why they didn't dwell, just shows what a crazy game it was!

I don't see the appeal Of Klopp, plenty of over the top theatrics on the touchline, plenty of bitterness in his after match interviews.

I agree, our bench looked pretty annoyed with his antics. I think his penalty miss celebration inspired Ron to go on his lap of honour.

Edited by Plastic

Why didn't the pundits analyse the Long penalty claim on MOTD2? Usually they do, but seemingly not when either it is a case of it being us, or rather that it was against one of their glory teams.

I wondered that as well. Potential game changer, but it apparently didn't matter because it's only Southampton.

More gracious than we are for sure. Change the thread title - makes us look small time.

Shut up you tart!!!!!

To play crap, to have Klopp drive it home, to have Sturry deg Lord it up over us and for us to not only come back,but to win it !!!!!We deserve this after the 6 goal drubbing and Lalana and Clyne and Lovren leaving us for a better team we deserve a little bit of Razzle Dazzle. We ain't no top team but we seem to be showing we are improving.

My title stands pal.

Having just watched the replay, a second viewing allows an appreciation of how much Vic and Mane changed the game and brought every other Saints player with them. Mane's performance was incredible; quite apart from his goals, his movement around the pitch; first touch and use of the ball was sublime. He also took many passes from Vic, Romeu, VVD etc in the middle of the pitch and ran at and through the Scouse midfield and defence, turning them round and bringing others like Davis, Bertrand, Pelle,Martina and Romeu into play. Wanyama's strength and presence also changed the game; that mazy run to through Can, Lallana, Allen an co ending up near the corner flag was the symbolic "gotcha" moment. Another moment just before F/T caught my attention; Shane Long really committed to a 50/50 ball which snuffed out the last hope of a Pool equaliser. It was just a magic result wasn't it.

Lallana, Lovren, the biggest kn*b of a manager to ever grace the game in Rodgers, that stupid Sturridge celebration, the delusions of grandeour, the Kop, YNWA, the sob mentality.... Yeah, Liverpool.

this, my fellow posters, is why I hate Liverpool so much- what a win, what a feeling.

My theory is that when it comes to a big decision, it's easier to go against a small club than a big club if you aren't 100% sure, because the coverage in the media and criticism for your mistake will be significantly less. I haven't watched the United game on MOTD but I'd be very surprised if they didn't do a big chunk on the penalty that United didn't get, despite it having no hating on the outcome of the game, and yet ours didn't get mentioned despite neither having an effect on the outcome (I know there were less talking points in their game). As if a ref is ever going to give a penalty and red card to a Liverpool player within 5 minutes of the kick off, it just would never happen against us as we have seen in this season and last season's version of this fixture in almost identical fashion. But no one will talk about it, whereas had it been the other way round you can guarantee it'd be played on repeat.

Does anyone else find it irritating that all you have to do when applying for a job in punditry is say "I played for Liverpool" and you're guaranteed the gig? Carragher, Souness, Redknapp, Mcmanaman, David James, Michael Owen, Lawrenson, Hansen, Murphy, John Barnes, Ian Rush, Didi Hamman - Just the names I can think of off the top of my head that I have to listen to regularly on Sky/BT (albeit Rush and Barnes less so nowadays), and then even had to suffer Neil Mellor on the steam I was watching today!!! NEIL. MELLOR. and the disdain in his voice when we equalised seemed so clear to me despite his efforts to hide it. God I hate that lot, beating them is amazing but to do it in that fashion makes it an incredible feeling.

Having just watched the replay, a second viewing allows an appreciation of how much Vic and Mane changed the game and brought every other Saints player with them. Mane's performance was incredible; quite apart from his goals, his movement around the pitch; first touch and use of the ball was sublime. He also took many passes from Vic, Romeu, VVD etc in the middle of the pitch and ran at and through the Scouse midfield and defence, turning them round and bringing others like Davis, Bertrand, Pelle,Martina and Romeu into play. Wanyama's strength and presence also changed the game; that mazy run to through Can, Lallana, Allen an co ending up near the corner flag was the symbolic "gotcha" moment. Another moment just before F/T caught my attention; Shane Long really committed to a 50/50 ball which snuffed out the last hope of a Pool equaliser. It was just a magic result wasn't it.

I have watched Saints for decades and I have rarely seen a player as supremely talented as Mane wearing a Saints shirt. Manchester United and Arsenal, yes, but Southampton....What you say about him is very true. His performance was incredible and sublime. Earlier in the season he was being valued at 50 million, then, along with the rest of the team, he went through a really bad patch, and that valuation started to look silly. But, if he plays like he did today, it's not. He's better than Bale and how much did Barcelona pay for him? If that dip in form means the big clubs have temporarily lost interest in him and we can keep him for another season, then it was worth it and I'll be very happy.

Who was it Liverpool played today because they hardly got a mention on MOTD apart from to show how bad we were in the first half and how good Mane was when he came on, Not a mention of Pelle goal which I think was the best of the day.

It was Southampton.

Best game of the season (so far). Wanyama proved he so much more than a big lump CDM - he can play the ball when he wants. Mane - a strange beast but one we should learn to tame and love. Martina - great performance. VVD - towering performance. Why fook didn't MOTD show/talk about Shanes nailed on pen?

How do all you MOTD conspiracy theorists square us being first game with least of all the games that day riding on it?

Oh and talking about the Stoke pen that wasn't last week, oh they so hate us. And people bang on about scousers being deluded and victims - we have plenty ourselves.

That was as good a comeback as I've seen from Saints; I do think we were aided a little by L'pool running out of puff towards the end.

May I say in passing that I have little or no comprehension of what constitutes a penalty anymore.

I wondered that as well. Potential game changer, but it apparently didn't matter because it's only Southampton.

Not "apparently it didn't matter" but it actually didn't matter. You may have missed this, but we won the game 3-2.

Not "apparently it didn't matter" but it actually didn't matter. You may have missed this, but we won the game 3-2.

would have been a soft penalty. then again, we got awarded a soft penalty

thought long should/could have put the ball across to pelle before he and lovren 'touched'

I wonder why Sadio looked so hacked off at the end of the match? You would think he be happy enough to crack a smile.

He looked p*ssed off when he came on too, possibly annoyed at being dropped. But he can't complain...he hasn't been as effective as that for months. Needs to make more runs through the centre that's ALWAYS been where he looks dangerous.

Watched MOTD2 last night - Good to see Lallana showing his true colours. None of that "I was brought up by that club, they developed me, helped my heart condition, made me the player and man I am today so I won't celebrate against them". Nah, celebrating like a maniac when Joe Allen got his "goal", screaming at the ref when we got our pen and fist pumping like mad when we missed it. Odious rat. Forget Lovren, he's such a clown it's actually funny, Lallana is a different level completely, someone I'll never forgive and after today there's no way he'll be invited back for Kelvin's testimonial.

Brilliant result, we never come back like that (is something I was saying over and over at half time). On the verge of walking out if Allen's goal had stood. Lovren should have been sent off, the lack of decisions in our favour this season is frankly weird. JWP immense when he came on, should real fight and got the crowd pumped up. Great atmosphere in the Itchen North.

He looked p*ssed off when he came on too, possibly annoyed at being dropped. But he can't complain...he hasn't been as effective as that for months. Needs to make more runs through the centre that's ALWAYS been where he looks dangerous.

He ALWAYS looks miserable, from the day he joined the club, he just has one of those faces that doesnt do constant smiling. Think people are making too much out of it tbh, his expression rarely changes on the pitch.

Watched MOTD2 last night - Good to see Lallana showing his true colours. None of that "I was brought up by that club, they developed me, helped my heart condition, made me the player and man I am today so I won't celebrate against them". Nah, celebrating like a maniac when Joe Allen got his "goal", screaming at the ref when we got our pen and fist pumping like mad when we missed it. Odious rat. Forget Lovren, he's such a clown it's actually funny, Lallana is a different level completely, someone I'll never forgive

I thought that when i saw him but to be fair he did shake the hand of just about every Saints player at the end, he didnt skulk off straight down the tunnel. Klopp did the same, waited for all our players to come off.

Just my opinion on Mane's miserable face at the end, I'd put it down to his annoyance at missing a penalty. Not in the same league, but I set a P.B in archery yesterday and was still annoyed that I'd rattled off 3 or 4 terrible shots. Glad that I got a higher score but more ****ed off because I knew it should have been higher. I imagine Mane and all professional footballers are a lot harder on themselves than I am about a bloody hobby.

would have been a soft penalty. then again, we got awarded a soft penalty

thought long should/could have put the ball across to pelle before he and lovren 'touched'

That's the way I saw it. Skrtel was holding Pellè's shirt which may have justified the decision although I think they were both doing it.

Good to see Kat and Ralph at the game. If they had been in any way doubtful of the passion of English football, or it's place at Saints, that third goal should have done the trick. Would have loved to see their reaction in particular. How's the trophy winning going Nivea Boy? Don't rick your neck looking for us in the league table.