• Clasie
    • Davis
    • Tadić
    • Long
    • Pellè
    • Wanyama
    • Mané
    • Ward-Prowse

All I can say is I have thoroughly enjoyed lots of seasons in my lifetime, this being one of them, whereas you judge every single season for the last thirty years as mediocre or worse.

Such a strange way to support a football club.

So have I, but have also watched in those years fans of other clubs celebrating the winning of silverware. Many being small clubs and even one playing in the 4th division. Finishing 7th 8th or 9th may be a credit but it is nothing that can be painted on a honours board.

Just heard on the radio that Jurgen Klopp is looking for a new house 2 up 3 down

Shut up you tart!!!!!

To play crap, to have Klopp drive it home, to have Sturry deg Lord it up over us and for us to not only come back,but to win it !!!!!We deserve this after the 6 goal drubbing and Lalana and Clyne and Lovren leaving us for a better team we deserve a little bit of Razzle Dazzle. We ain't no top team but we seem to be showing we are improving.

My title stands pal.

Mate - I am with you on all that (apart from the better team bit - bigger club maybe). It's the "HAHAHA" - bound to come back to us at some stage.

To selectively quote Kipling...

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same...

Danny Murphy on talkSport was interesting. Just said that he found that Klopp's over exuberance is a little OTT quite a lot of the time, and that his celebration after the penalty save p***ed off Big Ron, hence Big Ron's run down the touch line. Think we all suspected that anyway.

That was the worst game I have ever seen Steven Davis play even in the second half he was poor, superb comeback but if we're are 2-0 next week to the foxes there isn't a chance we will come back like that. I'm predicting an enthralling 2-2 draw next week which both teams will probably be happy with.

Danny Murphy on talkSport was interesting. Just said that he found that Klopp's over exuberance is a little OTT quite a lot of the time, and that his celebration after the penalty save p***ed off Big Ron, hence Big Ron's run down the touch line. Think we all suspected that anyway.

watching the highlights, it was ridiculous

no wonder Ron jumped around at 2-2 and then OTT at 3-2. Dont blame him

We've beaten each of the 12 teams we've played twice, and none of the 7 we've still got to play.

A very quirky stat

Really, if we win 7,8 or 9 of our last 9 then that should secure 4th spot. Come on saints! Lets make this season even more crazy than it already has been :D

2 down 7 to go :smug:

That was the worst game I have ever seen Steven Davis play even in the second half he was poor, superb comeback but if we're are 2-0 next week to the foxes there isn't a chance we will come back like that. I'm predicting an enthralling 2-2 draw next week which both teams will probably be happy with.

Title chasing and league leading Leicester would be happy to draw at home with Southampton?

Title chasing and league leading Leicester would be happy to draw at home with Southampton?

If we play really well then yes I think they will be, they can afford to drop 4 points on Spurs and thats if spurs win every game which they probably won't. Obviously depends on how the game goes if they are 2 up with 20 mins to go obviously they won't be happy with a draw.

If we play really well then yes I think they will be, they can afford to drop 4 points on Spurs and thats if spurs win every game which they probably won't. Obviously depends on how the game goes if they are 2 up with 20 mins to go obviously they won't be happy with a draw.

Yes, and clearly if they are 2-0 down they would take a draw. If it ends up being all square I'm sure they won't see it as the end of the world - they'd probably think "well Southampton are on a good run, it still keeps us ahead" etc, but I very much doubt their fans would take it if you offered it to them now (whereas we probably would, those who aren't rooting for Leicester anyway!) They also have to play West Ham (H), Man Utd (A) & Chelsea (A) - I expect they'll be identifying these as draws ahead of ours.

We've beaten each of the 12 teams we've played twice, and none of the 7 we've still got to play.

A very quirky stat

Indeed it is. So 7 wins coming up then, it's written in the stars.

That's the spirit! If we defend as well as we know we can and have Pelle, Mane, Austin, Long AND Jay Rod scoring goals, why not!? I just hope we get to play Man City while there playing as **** poor as they are now, they always seem to turn up against us especially when they're at home.

Yes, and clearly if they are 2-0 down they would take a draw. If it ends up being all square I'm sure they won't see it as the end of the world - they'd probably think "well Southampton are on a good run, it still keeps us ahead" etc, but I very much doubt their fans would take it if you offered it to them now (whereas we probably would, those who aren't rooting for Leicester anyway!) They also have to play West Ham (H), Man Utd (A) & Chelsea (A) - I expect they'll be identifying these as draws ahead of ours.

Good point, clearly beating them and them still winning the title by a point would be the best outcome, with perhaps a last minute own goal conceded by spurs on the last day of the season. It's clearly going to happen. :smug:

Good point, clearly beating them and them still winning the title by a point would be the best outcome, with perhaps a last minute own goal conceded by spurs on the last day of the season. It's clearly going to happen. :smug:

I'd be happy for Spurs to implode in the next few games so I don't have to live with the anxiety, but at the very least let it be us who shatter their hopes once and for all when we got to White Hart Lane on the penultimate weekend.

Only a few fans on their forum to be fair moaning about the abuse at Lovren but still hypocrites - look at what Alan Smith got when he badly broke his leg at Anfield playing for Man U. Not to mention all the Munich stuff overall.

Well done Itchen North and Northam, got Lovren worked up and subbed. Lovren's behaviour when he left was appalling. Crowd were much better yesterday. Well done to the team, great comeback, first half awful esp Clasie and Tadic, glad the latter appealed on the offside but running out of chances after such a bright start to his SFC career. VW and Mane changed things and the penalty miss seemed to fire Mane up. JWP - great cameo appearance.

One of the most enjoyable wins since returning to the PL - and there's plenty to choose from. No great axe to grind with Liverpool but don't like Lovren and Lallana and Klopp's behaviour was poor on the penalty miss. Nice to see Ron put him back in his box

Only a few fans on their forum to be fair moaning about the abuse at Lovren but still hypocrites - look at what Alan Smith got when he badly broke his leg at Anfield playing for Man U. Not to mention all the Munich stuff overall.

Well done Itchen North and Northam, got Lovren worked up and subbed. Lovren's behaviour when he left was appalling. Crowd were much better yesterday. Well done to the team, great comeback, first half awful esp Clasie and Tadic, glad the latter appealed on the offside but running out of chances after such a bright start to his SFC career. VW and Mane changed things and the penalty miss seemed to fire Mane up. JWP - great cameo appearance.

One of the most enjoyable wins since returning to the PL - and there's plenty to choose from. No great axe to grind with Liverpool but don't like Lovren and Lallana and Klopp's behaviour was poor on the penalty miss. Nice to see Ron put him back in his box

Why what did Lovren do?

I haven't seen them yet. How did Pelle play?

crap 1st half, very good 2nd half

1st half was a lampost. Tried stupid flicks and gave the ball away way too easily, one of which was in a phase of play that led to a goal against us. Moaning at all those around him.

he was not alone, mind

2nd half, he was miles better. Held the ball up, loads of movement and brought players in a lot more (again, 2 goals for came from it)

Koeman even said that pelle was struggling 1st half.

What went on with Joe Allen when he was subbed - seemed like he got a bit chatty with the crowd?

Great result - was my daughter's 13th birthday and my brother in law's 44th birthday so didn't go but we all went mental when we saw Mane score the winner (obviously had it on ;-))

Why did Pelle run straight off the pitch after the game the rest of the team stayed to applaud the crowd, seemed he couldn't get away fast enough.

He was doing the post match interviews.

Not "apparently it didn't matter" but it actually didn't matter. You may have missed this, but we won the game 3-2.

Yes, we won the game and gained three points. But you have missed one aspect that might have a bearing on our eventual placing in the league - goal difference. So it doesn't matter whether Mane missed his penalty, or that we weren't awarded one for the foul on Long, nor does it matter that one was not awarded when we won against Stoke, apart from the goal difference which could potentially have been +2 to the good.

Great result caused again by me avoiding second half updates. I really am our secret weapon.

Was Mane's final facial expression 'I told you I was good, despite the flak i get around these parts'?

If so I'd send one back that could be read as 'yes. But you were a bit cacka recently.'

1st half was a lampost. Tried stupid flicks and gave the ball away way too easily, one of which was in a phase of play that led to a goal against us. Moaning at all those around him.

he was not alone, mind

2nd half, he was miles better. Held the ball up, loads of movement and brought players in a lot more (again, 2 goals for came from it)

He was helped in the 2nd half by Skrtel coming on.

Pelle had him in his pocket and out-muscled him easily.

Lovren's behaviour when he left was appalling.

...Klopp's behaviour was poor on the penalty miss. Nice to see Ron put him back in his box

Could you elaborate on these two things please? Didn't get to see the game so missed these bits.

He ALWAYS looks miserable, from the day he joined the club, he just has one of those faces that doesnt do constant smiling. Think people are making too much out of it tbh, his expression rarely changes on the pitch.

There's a difference between having a miserable expression and standing with your hands on your hips, staring at the manager and shaking your head...

Could you elaborate on these two things please? Didn't get to see the game so missed these bits.

Klopp dancing around punching the air. http://hoofoot.com/?match=Southampton_3_-_2_Liverpool_2016_03_20 look at 4:03

II don't buy into the sycophancy that the press undertake. Can't stand the way the focus is always on Klopp and what a breath of fresh air he is to the PL. Can't stand Klopp, and would go as far as saying that I even preferred Brenda.

Edited by angelman

Klopp dancing around punching the air. http://hoofoot.com/?match=Southampton_3_-_2_Liverpool_2016_03_20 look at 4:03

II don't buy into the sycophancy that the press undertake. Can't stand the way the focus is always on Klopp and what a breath of fresh air he is to the PL. Can't stand Klopp, and would go as far as saying that I even preferred Brenda.

Thanks. I don't mind Klopp at the moment but he definitely shows signs that he could become extremely annoying, especially if the media continue their love-in with him. That celebration seemed way over the top though, it's one thing to be relieved and let out a bit of emotion, quite another to be acting like you've just scored the winner in the 94th minute. Still, we had the last laugh. Hopefully Liverpool will bounce back next time out and beat Spurs!

Many players had to board flights for Internationals.

Dont read too much into those that were in a rush to get away.

Mane was pretty much going straight to the airport judging by the conversation between him and Hugo outside the ground afterwards.

Best game of the season (so far). Wanyama proved he so much more than a big lump CDM - he can play the ball when he wants. Mane - a strange beast but one we should learn to tame and love. Martina - great performance. VVD - towering performance. Why fook didn't MOTD show/talk about Shanes nailed on pen?

Agree with everything except Martina. Not a good game.

It was a great final 20 minutes at the match, after the first goal i knew we would win, you could feel it in the stadium

Just had a read through the match thread...hilarious overreacting and some top backtracking too...good stuff...

And some say we dont need Victor Wanyama....

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

he was not alone, mind

I thought Pelle was good 1st half and brilliant in the second despite, lolvren,sackov and the ugly turtle being all over him...

Heard the post mach interview by RK did nnot here him say about Pelle struggling....where did you hear it?

It was a great final 20 minutes at the match, after the first goal i knew we would win, you could feel it in the stadium

Just had a read through the match thread...hilarious overreacting and some top backtracking too...good stuff...

And some say we dont need Victor Wanyama....

For the first time, I also read through the entire match thread and found it entertaining. Not in a "look at these pathetic bedwetters" way though, just funny to see the despair (which is not necessarily overreacting) when you know how it's going to turn out.

It was ill-mannered, vulgar, and poorly judged.

I don't get all this criticism of Klop, he's passionate and that's great to see in a manager and makes a welcome change to some of the stoney faced, gum chewing robots out there, and I loved Ronald's run down the touchline to celebrate with the player's, let's have some more of that please!.

Yep not sure what Martina was doing at times yesterday. In the first half he seemed to be taking up positions in central midfield which is slightly odd for a full back. Second half he was better but so was the whole team.

there was one instance where the ball was coming to him in the air to his right back position, he was marking someone and appeared to turn his back on it....just really odd

I think him being decent for us is him giving 10/10....when players can't produce that time after time.

I feel that we may need another RB to start if cedric gets routinely dropped for Martina.....not that it will happen I doubt

interestingly, we are 6 points off last years points total after 31 matches

2014/2015 - 53 points | 2015-2016 - 47 points

Liverpool is 10 points of their point total of last year after 29 matches

2014/2015 - 54 points | 2015-2016 - 44 points

For the first time, I also read through the entire match thread and found it entertaining. Not in a "look at these pathetic bedwetters" way though, just funny to see the despair (which is not necessarily overreacting) when you know how it's going to turn out.

Similar to this. I always the record the games 'just in case'. Most get deleted soon after but not this one.

Was great watching the half time highlights (and general LFC asslicking) and then the 2nd half again knowing that it had a happy ending.

The penalty miss at the time was a killer. Strangely it was way more enjoyable the second time of watching...