Leicester vs Saints Build Up Thread

Dark Munster

Yes, yes you are ridiculous. Extraordinary stance really, suddenly everyone absolutely loves Leicester, even to the detriment of their own side! Yes it would be nice for them to win the league obviously, I'd love it as much as the next person, but if you actually want us to lose to them in order for that to happen then I think you need to take a look at yourself.

I just looked. I got hard.

Everyone on here who thinks we are still in with a shout for 4th / 5th is barking....

We are not consistent enough.

I stand by my assertion that this game is a win-win. No one has said they want us to lose.

But you must admit, You are a lot happier if we lose as it gives you a hell of a lot more things to moan about?

Everyone on here who thinks we are still in with a shout for 4th / 5th is barking....

I stand by my assertion that this game is a win-win. No one has said they want us to lose.

They say a Cynic is an Optimist with experience, when it comes to Saints I remain an optimist who never learns, Leicester this season are the flame that keeps that optimism alive. When we beat QPR away 1-0 in the fag end of the game last season, as I walked back to the car I thought "why can't it be us" to break the Monopoly at the top of the Premier league? In the end Consistency got the better of us......... but this has been a funny old season with only Leicester and Spurs showing any consistency: so I am very happy to considered barking mad for still thinking that 4th/5th is still on the table.

On our day we can beat anyone in the league, Leicester of late seem to be developing a siege mentality and getting tight, everyone is waiting for them to break. We go up there and win it might do them a favour as it could be a release for them to then push on again with enough games to go. For us to go to Spurs and do them not only would it redress the balance but it could insert a seed of doubt with not enough games to go........... Yup I am barking mad!! (but what a wheeze that would be) :D

I really think this game is there to be won, Leicester have been sneaking through games 1-0 and not been as convincing over the last few weeks, the international break could disrupt their momentum as well , has anyone got a list of their players who have been called up as well as ours? We've even got a few first team players with u21s so should imagine the training ground will be quiet for next 9 days. I know Wanyama is in Kenya's squad, often it's him, Mane and Yoshida who come back late and struggle the following weekend so good we are playing on Sunday giving us the extra day.

Bet Koeman will be off to his Algarve retreat for a few days in the sun again.

Would be great to nick this and look back on Van Dijk's last min goal against Sunderland as a turning point.

I think you calling other posters barking is hilarious.

I wouldn't rule anything out in this of all seasons.

# Bite klaxon #

At what point in the season did Leicester fans stop being 'barking' for thinking they could win the league? (One assumes they were 'barking' to think this up to a certain point in time)

You are probably right but it is fun thinking that you maybe be barking after all and we finish in the top 5.

Just be optimistic for a change things may well go right for us it did 30 years or so ago when we were 2nd and 40 years ago when we won the cup so it could happen again this year.

For me it's got to be a return to 5-3-2 line up and trying to hit Leicester quickly on the counter.

-------------------Forster-------------------------

Soares----Fonte----Van Dijk----Bertrand----Targett

-------Davis----Wanyama----Romeu---------------

-------------Long-------Mane---------------------

Subs, Stek, Martina, Yoshida, JWP, Pelle, Jrod, Clasie

Whilst Pelle's done very well of late, i think pace is far more likely to trouble Morgan/Huth, than height and strength, so he should start on the bench if everyone gets back from international duty unscathed.

Equally i think Soares has more about him than Martina and unless there's an issue i'd prefer to see him return to the line up.

While i would like to see Leicester win the league i would vastly prefer saints to make Europe, so desperately want us to get something there, especially after the limp way we lost to them last time when i made the trip all the way there.

# Bite klaxon #

At what point in the season did Leicester fans stop being 'barking' for thinking they could win the league? (One assumes they were 'barking' to think this up to a certain point in time)

Leicester have been top for weeks and weeks. We haven't been fourth or fifth at all and quite frankly have never looked like we deserve to be. We might go on an unbelievable run to finish fifth but I don't think we will and Alpine, in this particular case, is correct.

And I bet you won't need to walk far in Leicester to find someone who thinks they won't win the league.

.............Forster..................

Cedric. Fonte. VVD. Bertrand

......Wanyama.Clasie..........

.............Davis....................

Mane........................Long..

.............Pelle.....................

Long, Pelle and Mane in good form

Would like to see how Wanyama and Clasie work together.

Would like to try Tadic as central offensive midfielder but not this game.

Leicester have been top for weeks and weeks. We haven't been fourth or fifth at all and quite frankly have never looked like we deserve to be. We might go on an unbelievable run to finish fifth but I don't think we will and Alpine, in this particular case, is correct.

Fair enough, but I still maintain the possibility/probability that there would have been a point in time earlier this season that some Leicester fans on the 'FoxesWeb Forum' would have started to suggest that they could win the league and 'Alpine_fox' would be telling them they were "barking". Perhaps somewhere around match 10 (towards the end of October)...?

i3wXJQABAJEC6Q

Yours digressionally...

Edited by trousers

I tend to think that you are right that we won't finish 4th or 5th, but people who think we might are hardly barking. It is still very possible, and for precisely the reason that you think we won't do it. No one from 4th down is consistent (even 3rd for that matter). We may just be slightly less inconsistent than Man City or Man U for the remainder of the season. To dismiss the possibility of making up a 3 point gap (to 5th) is just nuts.

I tend to think that you are right that we won't finish 4th or 5th, but people who think we might are hardly barking. It is still very possible, and for precisely the reason that you think we won't do it. No one from 4th down is consistent (even 3rd for that matter). We may just be slightly less inconsistent than Man City or Man U for the remainder of the season. To dismiss the possibility of making up a 3 point gap (to 5th) is just nuts.

Sure, I agree with what you say here, but there is a mountain of evidence in the other direction:

- the two teams who are 3 points above us both have a game in hand on us (as do the 2 teams above them), meaning they're not as close as they look

- Liverpool are only 3 points behind us with 2 games in hand

- a bang in-form Chelsea (not lost in last 10 Prem games) are 6 points behind us with a game in hand, so only 3 behind us if they win it

I believe realistically we will finish 8th or 9th myself.

This coming from the man who suggested we might only win one more match this season in January, who said that Newcastle can win more than us and finish above us, and that 40 points wold probably mean relegation this season. Obvious nonsense as some of us said at the time.

Not entirely sure that you are brilliantly placed to have a pop at othere people's predictions.

Fair enough, but I still maintain the possibility/probability that there would have been a point in time earlier this season that some Leicester fans on the 'FoxesWeb Forum' would have started to suggest that they could win the league and 'Alpine_fox' would be telling them they were "barking". Perhaps somewhere around match 10 (towards the end of October)...?

i3wXJQABAJEC6Q

Yours digressionally...

Hmm, maybe. It's fair to say what Leicester have done is barking. Brilliantly barking.

This coming from the man who suggested we might only win one more match this season in January, who said that Newcastle can win more than us and finish above us, and that 40 points wold probably mean relegation this season. Obvious nonsense as some of us said at the time.

Not entirely sure that you are brilliantly placed to have a pop at other people's predictions.

Feck sake you continue to be a **** don't you.

Sure, I agree with what you say here, but there is a mountain of evidence in the other direction:

- the two teams who are 3 points above us both have a game in hand on us (as do the 2 teams above them), meaning they're not as close as they look

- Liverpool are only 3 points behind us with 2 games in hand

- a bang in-form Chelsea (not lost in last 10 Prem games) are 6 points behind us with a game in hand, so only 3 behind us if they win it

I believe realistically we will finish 8th or 9th myself.

As I said I tend to agree with your thoughts, but it really only needs a few results to go our way and it could be very different. West Ham's fixtures are very tough, Man City can't buy a win at the moment, Liverpool are inconsistent, Stoke are poor at home, and Man u are also very inconsistent. It could be fine margins, but to say anyone that thinks 4th/5th is achievable is hardly barking in my opinion. I think if you ask Ronald he would say that 5th at least is achievable. I don't think he is barking, he may be over optimistic. Who knows after Sunday? That's the beauty of the game and its good to have these conversations, sadly spoiled by the ignorant abuse of one (or two) of the trolls on here who love to ruin a decent discussion.

Feck sake you continue to be a **** don't you.

I do my best. But I will always enjoy reading the drivel from knee jerking lunatics who can swing from "how dare you say we won't go down, we might only win one more game" to "how dare you say we can't finish fourth" in the space of two and a half months.

i3wXJQABAJEC6Q

Yours digressionally...

Compare that to last year:

EgcXJQABAJAC6Q

:uhoh:

Edited by Dark Munster

I've got be honest with you despite knowing how well they've done (Leicester that is) i'm still genuinely taken aback when i see they've only lost 3 games. I means that's good going even for a normal side that wins the league.

I mean the average amount of loses for a league winning side since the start of the premier league has been 5/6, and below four you're looking at a handful of sides (Chelsea, Arsenal and United). To be this far into the season having lost that few is pretty f*cking impressive to be fair.

Why do people like Leicester?

They are owned by Thai businessmen who's company has historically been involved in collusion with politicians and officials and alleged to have facilitated extortion rackets.

Their defenders are thugs.

Their striker is a nasty looking racist.

Oh yes, what a wonderful antidote to City etc.

Anyone who still thinks we have a shout for a Europa spot, but that Champions League is out of reach needs to have a long look at the League table and Manchester Citys current form. If we can discover some late season consistency it's definitely on. Pelle and Mane scoring again, Long on form, Jay Rod and Charlie Austin as impact subs. Why not? this is the hardest game of the last three we have played - knock this one over and it's all there to play for last 6 games. Not even caring about who wins the League, just focused on us.

Anyone who still thinks we have a shout for a Europa spot, but that Champions League is out of reach needs to have a long look at the League table and Manchester Citys current form. If we can discover some late season consistency it's definitely on. Pelle and Mane scoring again, Long on form, Jay Rod and Charlie Austin as impact subs. Why not? this is the hardest game of the last three we have played - knock this one over and it's all there to play for last 6 games. Not even caring about who wins the League, just focused on us.
Champions League? Of course there is a chance, but it is very slim. Bare minimum would be 6 wins in our final 7... and likely the other non-win is a draw. - 66 points. and even if we reach 66 points, it's iffy.

If we win our last 7 games, I'd feel confident we would place 4th.

So considering the inconsistency we have shown this season, finishing out by winning our last 9 matches seems highly unlikely.

We'll likely finish 3-2-2 with 58 points and 8th place. (nice, albeit a frustrating, season)

Leicester (a) - L

Newcastle (h) - W

Everton (a) - D

Villa (a) - W

Man City (h) - D

Spurs (h) - L

Palace (h) - W

That being said, I hope I am completely wrong and hope we win them all!

They are owned by Thai businessmen who's company has historically been involved in collusion with politicians and officials and alleged to have facilitated extortion rackets.

Well if the choice is to most dislike other clubs above us or Leicester, it is good to see them annoying Arse, Spuds, the Mans and scousers. Next year will be different though.

Meh, you're 2 years ahead of the rest of us if they manage to retain their success in any way. Well done.

I like them because they're not one of the same teams as every other season, and because if they win it they show that it IS possible to win the League without having to be one of those clubs or with the money they have, which will encourage others, which can only be good for the competition. In fact the only thing I don't like about it is that they're having to be incredibly spawny with injuries and suspensions to stay up there, which actually shows why this doesn't happen more.

We got very excited when Man City won their first Premier League title too, at the time, fwiw, and I still think I prefer them to any of the other big clubs despite their general ridiculousness of wealth.

Quite funny seeing how excited they get about some international call ups, good reminder that they are still quite a small club at heart.

They've had such ridiculous good luck with injuries this season it would probably be hoping for a bit much for a few of their players to return from international break with slight knocks ruling them out of our game.

http://mobile.lcfc.com/news/article/lcfcs-international-involvement-a-big-statement-for-schlupp-3019819.aspx

For me it's got to be a return to 5-3-2 line up and trying to hit Leicester quickly on the counter.

-------------------Forster-------------------------

Soares----Fonte----Van Dijk----Bertrand----Targett

-------Davis----Wanyama----Romeu---------------

-------------Long-------Mane---------------------

Subs, Stek, Martina, Yoshida, JWP, Pelle, Jrod, Clasie

Whilst Pelle's done very well of late, i think pace is far more likely to trouble Morgan/Huth, than height and strength, so he should start on the bench if everyone gets back from international duty unscathed.

Equally i think Soares has more about him than Martina and unless there's an issue i'd prefer to see him return to the line up.

While i would like to see Leicester win the league i would vastly prefer saints to make Europe, so desperately want us to get something there, especially after the limp way we lost to them last time when i made the trip all the way there.

Everyone knows Huth and Morgan are pub players, but you will also notice that they do not expose either centre back to pace by pushing up, in fact they don't really push the full backs on as much as most teams, they nearly always defend as a back four.

I am just happy to be safe from relegation.

As Norwich play both Sunderland and Newcastle in the run in, there is one scenario where all three of these teams get to 47 points. I really must get out more. So in theory we could still get relegated, but would need a massive swing in GD.

So we need one more point to be safe for another season, or else hope that results on Saturday go our way. Fingers crossed.

You can then go into hibernation and start posting the relegation posts when next season starts.