Saints V Leicester (A)

St Chalet

We were all fart and no **** got caught on the ball far too many times when a simple shout of man on would have solved it ! Saying that not a bad performance but im sick of hearing about Leicester now I hope spurs win it now!

Not sure how everyone can say it was such a great performance when Schmeichel barely made a save?

Started poorly, gave them momentum and then couldn't find a good final ball all game.

That game sums up why we won't get any higher than 7th.

I'd take 7th if offered now.

Great performance to be honest, just a shame about the lack of decisions given our way. Deserved a lot more, we had Leicester camped all game.

But these are the games that make Champions, play crap and still win.

Really? I thought we were poor. They let us have possession knowing they had our attack sown up. The pretty play up to the box is, for me, no indication of a good performance. We float crosses in when up against two of the tallest, strongest and best headers at CB in Morgan and Huth. We had nothing up front at all, save for Mane's run on goal and we seemed to persist in trying to attack the same way knowing they was very little chance of reward.

Atrocious 2nd half performance from Saints. What was the plan to give Huth and Morgan some headin g practice. So one dimensional it was unbelievable.

Did we even have a shot on target 2nd half?

We even announced that's what we'd be doing a few days before.

Atrocious 2nd half performance from Saints. What was the plan to give Huth and Morgan some headin g practice. So one dimensional it was unbelievable.

Atrocious? What are you on? We pressed, pressured, put them on the back foot. They denfed well and there situations which didn't fall for us - such as their goal not being a goal, but whatever. We played **** apparently.

Well it's not an entirely unexpected result, although it's a little frustrating.

Overall we played quite well but our final balls were terrible and we had nobody to get on the end of anything anyway, because Pelle had one of his worst games for us so far IMO.

As for the Leicester love-in - I'm ambivalent about it really. Yes it will be great to see a team other than one of the usual suspects win the title, but seeing what they have done this season just makes me wonder what we might have achieved in our Pochettino season had we not been so horrendously unlucky with injuries. Leicester have been amazingly fortunate in that respect this season. If they had been forced to play a whole month with 6 first-choice players out injured, as we did, they wouldn't be anywhere near where they are now.

Watched on NBCSN in the States & Danny Higginbotham was shocking, you would never know he played for Saints.

Pelle & Soares were awful. Tadic & JWP were just as bad if not worse when they came on. Targett was poor too.

Crossing & final ball were absolutely rubbish.

Mane should have scored.

Forster, Virgil & Clasie were good.

If Wanyama makes the tackle Vardy does he's booked.........

Kante makes lots & lots of little fouls. Doesn't get booked.....

Too many airy fairy players . Cedric , Pelle , Tadic , JWP , Classie shocking . Big Vic is **** poor when he's on a yellow .

Austin got no service at all , so how on earth can he get stick .

Forster & VvD our best players .

Did think Cedric was very poor. Nowhere near Clyne, thats for sure.

We do have quite a few flaky players but if some weren't they would play for bigger teams.

The bias was utter cringe, but it's a good story for the media, so you kind of expect it.

Yup the whole nation ( bar only the North London Yobos) is supporting Leicester over the line as am I when they don't play us it is an amazing story however you look at it everyone expected them to blow up and slip away but their lead continues to increase as the matches ebb away

Atrocious? What are you on? We pressed, pressured, put them on the back foot. They denfed well and there situations which didn't fall for us - such as their goal not being a goal, but whatever. We played **** apparently.

"Denfed" how the hell did that get through your spell checka? Other than that agreed. We played well, were a bit unlucky, certainly did not deserve to lose but, regardless, I have never ever been so less bothered about a defeat.

True enough. Leicester had us sussed and we had no answer. Our whole attacking strategy was to try and float crappy, wayward, poncy crosses into a box that was crowded with big Leicester players determined to win the ball against lightweight Saints attackers who whinge or dive instead of put in the hard yards and a decent shift. Very poor, predictable and ponderous.

Forster very good. Our MoM I reckon

VvD very good.

Clasie decent bar the goal but that was very unfortunate

Mane good but has to score that

Cedric poor

Pelle shyte. just why oh why does he not attack the ball when it comes in the box. No doubt, first name on the team sheet next week

Vic tempered his game after that self-induced yellow

on another day, we get a penalty for 1 of those incidents.

Thought we were alright in the 1st half, better in the 2nd without really working their keeper, which is a poor show (and good defending from them)

Edited by Batman

We were very average today other than Mane's run at goal where he should have scored . Never a handball or penalty .

We were average and Leicester didn't really have to try very hard to beat us . Pelle was his old ineffective self as was Davis and Mane . No player other than Forster really looked to be quality .

We were disjointed and ponderous . No real goal threat and Koeman had no idea how to improve the game .

First ever game we have lost while I have been in the country and tbh Saints never really looked like they cared

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

True enough. Leicester had us sussed and we had no answer. Our whole attacking strategy was to try and float crappy, wayward, poncy crosses into a box that was crowded with big Leicester players determined to win the ball against lightweight Saints attackers who whinge or dive instead of put in the hard yards and a decent shift. Very poor, predictable and ponderous.

This

After watching replays on the two "hand balls" there are major questions. Expecially on the Austin cross, that looked pretty blatant and would have been a penalty shot. The Mane one you could argue that it was unintentional, but then again it would have been a goal if not.

After watching replays on the two "hand balls" there are major questions. Expecially on the Austin cross, that looked pretty blatant and would have been a penalty shot. The Mane one you could argue that it was unintentional, but then again it would have been a goal if not.

There aren't major questions. There were two handball calls, sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't. That's football. Our attacking strategy was **** poor in that second half. Nothing but weak crosses into the box for the biggest two centre halves in the league to head away all day long. Rather than moaning about decisions maybe we should focus on actually creating some decent chances ourselves, and take referee decisions out of the equation?

We were very average today other than Mane's run at goal where he should have scored . Never a handball or penalty .

We were average and Leicester didn't really have to try very hard to beat us . Pelle was his old ineffective self as was Davis and Mane . No player other than Forster really looked to be quality .

We were disjointed and ponderous . No real goal threat and Koeman had no idea how to improve the game .

First ever game we have lost while I have been in the country and tbh Saints never really looked like they cared

why put your name to this utter shyte. we were away at the team who will win the league. we played very well and had a at least 3 key decisions go against us. we dominated for large chunk of the game and were unlucky to come away with nothing.

yes we could have been better with the final ball but we arent the team top if the league so i tend to cut them a bit of slack.

There aren't major questions. There were two handball calls, sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't. That's football. Our attacking strategy was **** poor in that second half. Nothing but weak crosses into the box for the biggest two centre halves in the league to head away all day long. Rather than moaning about decisions maybe we should focus on actually creating some decent chances ourselves, and take referee decisions out of the equation?

Agree. No attacking movement, quick passing, creativity just easy to defend "pressure" which didn't result in their keeper doing anything.

None of our central midfielders contribute anything going forward, never make late runs into good areas and the full backs were also poor going forward today.

We did miss Long's movement. Pelle and Austin are more static players.

Davis was good generally but scoring and creative assists aren't his game and never have been.

He plays number 10 for gods sake.

Agree. No attacking movement, quick passing, creativity just easy to defend "pressure" which didn't result in their keeper doing anything.

None of our central midfielders contribute anything going forward, never make late runs into good areas and the full backs were also poor going forward today.

oh to sign a payet in the summer

why put your name to this utter shyte. we were away at the team who will win the league. we played very well and had a at least 3 key decisions go against us. we dominated for large chunk of the game and were unlucky to come away with nothing.

yes we could have been better with the final ball but we arent the team top if the league so i tend to cut them a bit of slack.

We dominated parts yet created little . They let us . As soon as they put pressure on us we lost possession . We were not a threat to them so they didn't have to try very hard .

We were average . They played as well as required to beat us . Tbh I think this is our level . We are a slightly above average prem team .

I'm sorry you disagree though . Hugely upsetting .

In the second half Leicester played like we did when we were down to 10 men against WHU. Put men behind the ball and tried to hit us on the break. It's never easy to break down and we lacked that bit of quality today to make something happen in the box. I think TADIC is lightweight and Pelle is better with Long beside him.

oh to sign a payet in the summer

I think we need to decide which style of striker we want.

At the moment we have two main ones in Long and Pelle who are complete opposites and the way we play of very different with both.

Austin is more in the Pelle mould of being a finisher rather than a threat in behind.

poor balls in most of the game

floaty balls into a static pelle. never really going to work

Quite...

Said during the game, nobody wants to get on the end of the ball. With Pelle, unless it's a picture perfect cross directly to his head, he's not going to get it... He doesn't jump, move or attack crosses. Which for a a 6 foot something lump is pathetic.

The more I watch him play, the Less I rate him...unless he scores =) he drains all life out of any fast flowing attack with his clumsy footwork and sh1tty attitude..and then just waves his arm at someone else when he ****s up

Confirmed that Leicester deserve to be where they are and that although we are a top 10 side this season, we are not equipped for the top 4, or even top 6. But how much does that matter? We have a fair proportion of results going our way and compete in some good football matches at a high level. Better than it has been for the last 20 years or so.

Quite...

Said during the game, nobody wants to get on the end of the ball. With Pelle, unless it's a picture perfect cross directly to his head, he's not going to get it... He doesn't jump, move or attack crosses. Which for a a 6 foot something lump is pathetic.

The more I watch him play, the Less I rate him...unless he scores =) he drains all life out of any fast flowing attack with his clumsy footwork and sh1tty attitude..and then just waves his arm at someone else when he ****s up

He's become a complete joke. One week you see Long working his balls off for the team, relentlessly chasing defenders and forcing mistakes, and the next week you see Pelle with his hands on his hips (if not screaming in the ref's face) because the ball into him isn't inch perfect