Another Saints Fan Passed Away

Toomer

I had an email this morning from ESB who used to post on Saints Web Forum informing me that another Saints Fan has sadly passed away.

A lady who posted under the name of St Gill or St Jill has passed away recently, ESB has said she was a feisty little soul, deepest sympathy from ESB and myself to her family at this sad time.

I had an email this morning from ESB who used to post on Saints Web Forum informing me that another Saints Fan has sadly passed away.

A lady who posted under the name of St Gill or St Jill has passed away recently, ESB has said she was a feisty little soul, deepest sympathy from ESB and myself to her family at this sad time.

Thanks for this kind action Toomer. I'm sure that some of you will recall Jill's exchanges with others on here, mainly Stu, or whatever he now goes under, who seemed to spark her off quite a bit!

Anyway, R.I.P. Jillyanne. Tough little cookie that you were!:(

Thanks for this kind action Toomer. I'm sure that some of you will recall Jill's exchanges with others on here, mainly Stu, or whatever he now goes under, who seemed to spark her off quite a bit!

Anyway, R.I.P. Jillyanne. Tough little cookie that you were!:(

No way! She can't have been more than 40(?), really sorry to hear this :(

Remember her from years ago

She had a run in with DSM over a cat or cats , looked back in the history , lots of names there you don't see any more

I remember that, in fact I asked her about it. She bred and sold bengal cats, dsm bought one but failed to pay for it. When she asked for it back he told her he couldn't afford to pay for it but he'd given it to his daughter and couldn't take it back. I don't know whether that's true, but I don't see why she'd have made it up.

She was good fun on the forum. RIP.

I remember that, in fact I asked her about it. She bred and sold bengal cats, dsm bought one but failed to pay for it. When she asked for it back he told her he couldn't afford to pay for it but he'd given it to his daughter and couldn't take it back. I don't know whether that's true, but I don't see why she'd have made it up.

She was good fun on the forum. RIP.

Here pretty much admitted it at the time I believe. That's very sad if she was quite young.

Just popped in to see if anything had been posted about Jill as we were FB friends, never had the pleasure of meeting her but had plenty of banter with her over the years so was shocked to hear of her passing. I see that Jill's dad has posted details of her funeral if anyone wished to pay their respects.

Jill's funeral will take place in the East Chapel at Southampton Crematorium at 3.30pm on Friday 22nd April for those that would like to attend. It goes without saying that we would like to see as many people there as possible. A wake will follow, details TBC. Jill's wake will be held at The London Hotel, Oxford Street, Southampton from 17:00 , hope to see as many there as possible xx

BTW, yep it was me who met Griff on here but we weren't engaged or married.

Hi

Jill was my older sister. She was 40. She used to post a lot on this board so I thought I would check it mainly to add the funeral details so thank you Pompeylass for passing on, and thanks to everyone else for the kind comments. As you said she could be feisty but that was part of who she was. I and her family don’t really want the alcohol mentioned too much explicitly, but it certainly didn’t help her condition. She went into hospital about 18 months ago with similar problems which she came through, but this time she just got weaker, reacted badly to any medication she was given and ultimately as somebody says contracted the flu that she was just too weak to fight off. The comment about wanting as many there as possibly was mine, and that’s still the case. Many people will be wearing saints shirts to the funeral, and one with “Jill” on the back will be draped over the coffin. I will be talking more about her love of Saints.

Does anybody know what the club offer in terms of gestures in such cases? I was considering something over the tannoy the day after the funeral, unfortunately we will be up taking three points at Villa Park.

Thanks again for the tributes; I will be using a selection (along with those on Facebook) when I talk about her – so please keep them coming.

Nick.