Decent pubs in Southampton showing BT sport?

onthemarch

Not many, as far as I can tell.

The Spitfire ditched it because they realised that they'd be able to fill the place regardless of whether they had BT Sport or not simply because of the location, so might as well cut that significant cost out completely.

The only pubs I can think of off the top of my head that definitely have it are the Frog and Parrot (Above Bar), Encore (Commercial Road), and I think Bedfords (Bedford Place) has it. Other than that, no idea.

Not many, as far as I can tell.

The Spitfire ditched it because they realised that they'd be able to fill the place regardless of whether they had BT Sport or not simply because of the location, so might as well cut that significant cost out completely.

The only pubs I can think of off the top of my head that definitely have it are the Frog and Parrot (Above Bar), Encore (Commercial Road), and I think Bedfords (Bedford Place) has it. Other than that, no idea.

I can confirm Bedford's does have it

Both Sky and BT have a Pub Finder link on there websites.... I've created a shortcut to both and put on the smartphone, great when you work away from home.

I've always found the data to be wildly inconsistent, often listing pubs that either don't exist anymore or don't have Sky/BT anymore, or not listing pubs that do have Sky/BT. Strange, as you'd think they wouldn't want to advertise pubs that don't offer their channels.

Funny when i think back a few years main "football watching " pubs in town were the Varsity (which is assume is still closed with nothing new there?) and at the bottom end of town i remember watching many a game in the Walkabout which had a huge screen , used to be packed in there if a big match was on, or after a Saints game, any idea what that building is used for now?

I've always found the data to be wildly inconsistent, often listing pubs that either don't exist anymore or don't have Sky/BT anymore, or not listing pubs that do have Sky/BT. Strange, as you'd think they wouldn't want to advertise pubs that don't offer their channels.

That's a shame - works for me every time.

Funny when i think back a few years main "football watching " pubs in town were the Varsity (which is assume is still closed with nothing new there?) and at the bottom end of town i remember watching many a game in the Walkabout which had a huge screen , used to be packed in there if a big match was on, or after a Saints game, any idea what that building is used for now?

Gathering dust