Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 121

Thread: Weekend 9/10 April - Other Games

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    21,132

    Default Weekend 9/10 April - Other Games

    West Ham v Arsenal first up
    Andy Carroll has a ******s hair do.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    21,132

    Default Weekend 9/10 April - Other Games

    Arsenal 2-0 up. In control here.

    Dark is commentating and ever so pro West Ham
    Last edited by Batman; 09-04-2016 at 12:29 PM.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,222

    Default

    2-2


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    21,132

    Default

    Jesus
    Carroll scores 2 in a couple of mins right before HT

    2-2

    Good game

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bracknell
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Saints under 18s 3-0 up against Norwich at half time - N'Lundulu (no, me neither) scores a hattrick that almost makes up for his hair.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    21,132

    Default Weekend 9/10 April - Other Games

    West Ham have a 2nd goal ruled out

    1st one while have stood, 2nd one was right to be ruled out

    The analyser is talking out of his arse moaning that the ref waiting all of 1 second to blow for the 2nd

    Carroll scored his 3rd. Could be credited as an own goal.
    3-2 to west ham

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,151

    Default

    Carroll scores his third......crap hair or not I'd have him over Pelle anyday.
    Plays the same role,yet vastly more mobile.
    Not a good result if West Ham win.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Iowa, USA
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Leicester, Tottenham and West Ham in the champions league would shake stuff up a bit....

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    21,132

    Default

    3-3.
    very good game this

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,222

    Default

    Payet been the worst player for WHU, oddly


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    21,132

    Default

    absolute garbage from walcott at the end there

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuck in the middle with me
    Posts
    5,443

    Default

    Villa down as things stand

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    It's grim oop north
    Posts
    5,529

    Default

    They got a reprieve for another week after Palace beat Norwich. Not that it makes the slightest difference anyway.

  14. #14

    Default

    Man City losing at home to West Brom...

    Top 4 back on?

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton Researcher Football Manager 2017
    Posts
    19,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Man City losing at home to West Brom...

    Top 4 back on?
    If it stays like that we will be 4 points behind 4th and play Man City at St Mary's in a few weeks.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    If it stays like that we will be 4 points behind 4th and play Man City at St Mary's in a few weeks.
    Though after today Man City will still have a game in hand on us.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    2,947
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Man City losing at home to West Brom...

    Top 4 back on?
    No unfortunately IMO, we've played at least a game more than everyone, and to overtake 3 teams is a big ask, and also not to forget Liverpool have as it stands, 3 games in hand!
    However, target is European football, top 4 would just be a massive massive bonus!

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syd_barrett_saint View Post
    Though after today Man City will still have a game in hand on us.
    Yes, but that game in hand is against us.



  19. Default

    I wonder when Martinez will be sacked? What a pants job he has done at Everton with the players he has at his disposal.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    I wonder when Martinez will be sacked? What a pants job he has done at Everton with the players he has at his disposal.
    He appears to be very much a cup manager. If they win the FA cup this year it should stay his execution for a while.

  21. #21

    Default

    New poster here, Leeds fan from Australia. Signed up to this board because I'm interested in Saints - basically adopted both them and Swansea as teams I 'support' in the Prem, have loved the way both teams go about it (although the Swans haven't been great this season). Have a lot of respect for the way Southampton continue performing strongly in the EPL despite consistently losing your best players to the 'big' clubs, all the while trying to play attractive football.

    This season has probably been the best I've ever watched as a neutral fan - to see clubs like West Ham, Southampton, Bournemouth, Watford and of course Leicester doing so well this season is amazing. Every week there are exciting games, and I really hope Leicester can hold on from here - it would take something huge for them to get run down with this gap!

    Not going to bother speaking about the Championship, though - another loss for us last night, being a Leeds supporter is the most frustrating thing imaginable!!

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    21,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    I wonder when Martinez will be sacked? What a pants job he has done at Everton with the players he has at his disposal.
    Not if they win the cup

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONZ_RULE View Post
    New poster here, Leeds fan from Australia. Signed up to this board because I'm interested in Saints - basically adopted both them and Swansea as teams I 'support' in the Prem, have loved the way both teams go about it (although the Swans haven't been great this season). Have a lot of respect for the way Southampton continue performing strongly in the EPL despite consistently losing your best players to the 'big' clubs, all the while trying to play attractive football.

    This season has probably been the best I've ever watched as a neutral fan - to see clubs like West Ham, Southampton, Bournemouth, Watford and of course Leicester doing so well this season is amazing. Every week there are exciting games, and I really hope Leicester can hold on from here - it would take something huge for them to get run down with this gap!

    Not going to bother speaking about the Championship, though - another loss for us last night, being a Leeds supporter is the most frustrating thing imaginable!!
    Welcome to the forum.
    Yes an exciting season but the only two consistent teams are Leicester and Spurs.
    I hope it continues but I fear the big clubs will regroup next season but you never know.

    Stay positive about Saints as on here you'll see a lot of unfounded negativity �� and yeah best not talk Leeds that's a bit of a car crash at present?

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint lard View Post
    Carroll scores his third......crap hair or not I'd have him over Pelle anyday.
    Plays the same role,yet vastly more mobile.

    Not a good result if West Ham win.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    a big

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    13,789

    Default

    In all seriousness, Carroll should go to the Euros (if he's fit). A squad is about having a balance of attributes and he offers something that is different to our other strikers and a very useful "Plan B" if you need a goal urgently.

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,222

    Default

    I see Robert Huth is up to his tricks playing in goal for the second week running and making some good saves

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    21,132

    Default

    Vardy scores again
    his 20th league goal of the season

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kings Worthy
    Posts
    19,410
    Blog Entries
    34

    Default

    Get in there Leicester!!

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    minding my own beeswax
    Posts
    5,174

    Default

    Blimey Charlie! Or should that be Blimey Jamie!!

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Commuting between Never Never Land and a Pie in the Sky
    Posts
    12,054
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Kirchhoff HCDAJFU

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the tattooists where the pain is exquisite...
    Posts
    3,250

    Default

    Unless spurs win then the title is over. I like Ranieri, he's crackers but likeable. Fully deserved if a bit lucky.

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    21,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Kirchhoff HCDAJFU
    he looks pretty decent, doesn't he

    also, all well and good Souness moaning about leicester and their quality/1-0 wins at HT. they are top and well clear at the top
    they have also beaten everyone around them bar arsenal. they hammered city at theirs for example.

    chelsea stuttered to the title 12 months ago and you hardly heard souness and the like moaning about them

  33. #33

    Default

    Skills there from Borini.

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Commuting between Never Never Land and a Pie in the Sky
    Posts
    12,054
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    he looks pretty decent, doesn't he

    also, all well and good Souness moaning about leicester and their quality/1-0 wins at HT. they are top and well clear at the top
    they have also beaten everyone around them bar arsenal. they hammered city at theirs for example.

    chelsea stuttered to the title 12 months ago and you hardly heard souness and the like moaning about them
    He's looked very good in the games I've seen him. Newcastle changed their gameplay in the recent derby because of him. Actually thought Souey's comments were pretty funny given the general leicester love-in. Properly c**ted them.

    What an atrocious miss...

  35. #35

    Default

    Ha!

    Sunderland have been so pedestrian though. Never at any point looked like they were throwing the kitchen sink at an equaliser.

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    21,132

    Default

    vardy gets his 2nd
    leicester have pummelled sunderland in the last 5 mins, rather than hanging back to hold what they had

    guess when pundits talk about 'experience' to close in on a title, they have been talking out of their arses al this time.
    Last edited by Batman; 10-04-2016 at 02:28 PM.

  37. Default

    Brilliant from vardy there. So so envious. Those fans mustn't be able to think of anything else at the moment. Not much work getting done in Leicester at the moment. Lol.

  38. #38

    Default

    As it stands the three teams going down have a combined stadium capacity of 144,200. A bit mental really.

    Have all three promoted sides ever survived in the top division?

  39. #39

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Chapel end is a MORGUE
    Posts
    1,812

    Default

    I hate to say this but those North London Yobbo's need to win today.....

  40. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    Brilliant from vardy there. So so envious. Those fans mustn't be able to think of anything else at the moment. Not much work getting done in Leicester at the moment. Lol.
    Just heard that Leicester have only been behind in games for 47minutes since the end of October.

  41. #41

    Default

    Come on Stoke as well. 1-1 against the bin dippers currently

  42. Default

    2-1 to LFC - Sturridge 33'

  43. #43

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sussex/Kharkiv
    Posts
    17,579

    Default

    Whats the point of Davie Provan?

  44. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

    Have all three promoted sides ever survived in the top division?
    Yes. It has definitely happened in the Premier League era, and I think I might be right in saying it happened when we went down.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-scooby View Post
    I hate to say this but those North London Yobbo's need to win today.....
    Why?

    I would like Leicester to win the League so quite happy if Man United won today.

  45. #45

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Commuting between Never Never Land and a Pie in the Sky
    Posts
    12,054
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Charlie View Post
    Whats the point of Davie Provan?
    A very good commentator. Always very balanced.

  46. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    Yes. It has definitely happened in the Premier League era, and I think I might be right in saying it happened when we went down.
    Just checked, as recently as 4 years ago actually when Swansea, QPR and Norwich stayed up.

    Pretty sure Palace and Norwich had just been promoted in 2005 though.

  47. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Just checked, as recently as 4 years ago actually when Swansea, QPR and Norwich stayed up.

    Pretty sure Palace and Norwich had just been promoted in 2005 though.
    Ah, fair enough - if it was Palace then yes they would have only just come up, they'd never managed to retain a Premier League until Pulis kept them up last year.

  48. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post



    Why?

    I would like Leicester to win the League so quite happy if Man United won today.
    I still harbour hopes of catching United, don't think we can catch Spurs though. With that in mind my preference is a Spurs win, Leicester can still win the league, perfect...

  49. #49

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the tattooists where the pain is exquisite...
    Posts
    3,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    Yes. It has definitely happened in the Premier League era, and I think I might be right in saying it happened when we went down.



    Why?

    I would like Leicester to win the League so quite happy if Man United won today.
    I'd like Leicester to win the league over Spurs but if Man u lose it could give us a (slight) chance of catching them and maybe getting 5th or 6th and try and scrape Europe then surely we want spurs to win? My thoughts for saints to finish as high as possible massively override the top 2 fighting positions.

  50. #50

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sussex/Kharkiv
    Posts
    17,579

    Default

    Walker and Rose utilised so well by Spurs. Makes such a big difference when the FBs have pace to bomb forward and are a threat around the box.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •