Charlie Austin Injury Update

Toomer

I am indeed delighted and hopes he never plays for Saints again. He's vermin

Where do you think all the rumors and vossip appearing in the media lately comes from?

Austin feeds Harry Redknapp, his media and racing friends with stories of unrest, behind the scenes problems.

No to time to play but constantly at racing meets, late at night functions and blabbing on TalkSport

This poster used to talk sense, but in the last year seems to have completely lost the plot.

• 1 year later...
The Argentinian also delivered some positive news regarding Charlie Austin.

Saints' leading scorer has been sidelined since reporting a hamstring injury in December's 1-1 draw with Huddersfield and "is back on the pitch training, something that is really good news for us."

Source: https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-01-29/team-news-southampton-brighton-premier-league-1718

• 2 weeks later...
Rumour take it with a pinch of salt was a punch up in training regarding Austin other p!ayers getting annoyed that he isn't pushing him self harder to get back in team reckon he is to casual.
Where is this rumour on the rumour scale? ("Heard it from the horses mouth" at one end of the scale, and "saw a tweet on Twitter" at the other)

Cheers

Austin is a minimum of 4 weeks away. That's from the horses mouth, a mate was talking to him in the Virgin Media box yesterday.
Sounds like Pellegrino was wide of the mark a couple of weeks ago when he said Austin was back in training. Or maybe he's had a relapse?

Rumour take it with a pinch of salt was a punch up in training regarding Austin other p!ayers getting annoyed that he isn't pushing him self harder to get back in team reckon he is to casual.
Last year around the time austin got recalled Pellegrino did allude to Austin not showing enough intensity in training but was now hence the recall.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Austin could be the difference in terms of us staying up I feel - once fit, Charlie wil be up for it - he can displace the expensive exotic bollard we got stung for in the January window!

As long as he gets picked. Our genius manager has only started him 5 times this season.

I have forgotten about him for thisbseason as no way he will be sharp enough to play until right bear the end, by which time it will be too late.

Very poor signing overall, simply doesn't spend enough time available to play, and its not bad luck, its poor conditioning.

We should have shipped out Austin and Long last summer.

I have forgotten about him for thisbseason as no way he will be sharp enough to play until right bear the end, by which time it will be too late.

Very poor signing overall, simply doesn't spend enough time available to play, and its not bad luck, its poor conditioning.

We should have shipped out Austin and Long last summer.

Austin was our top goal scorer last season and he is again this season. Without his crucial goals v West Ham, Everton, Bournemouth, Arsenal and Huddersfield this season, we'd already be down and without his goals last season, we'd have finished 17th. It's not only his goals that we miss: he lifts the performance of the whole team when he plays as they can actually see some point in attacking. Admittedly, he is physically falling apart, which is why we got him so cheaply. He's still been a bargain though and the only striker we've had over the last 2 seasons who can score goals. You're right about Long though but perhaps as others have said he might be better played as a winger as with his poor finishing he is just wasting space when played as a lone central striker.

Long is always ready to play, fitter and faster than any, and always gives everything...the other extreme from Charlie
I can only go by what I have seen from Austin on the pitch, and when I've seen him play he has shown no lack of effort, and has shown plenty of desire to score goals. That DOES put him at the other extreme to all our other forwards, including Long!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Its weird, its like some just don't like the way he runs (or something). The guy was not expensive, has been the leading scorer for the past 2 seasons even with the injuries, and lifts the team up when he is out there. The players have confidence in him. He is the only guy we have who consistently delivers goals.

As long as he gets picked. Our genius manager has only started him 5 times this season.

This is just moaning for the sake of it. He started with Gabbi for the first few games, god imagine the uproar if he’d started with Charlie instead. Once it became apparent that Gabbi wasn’t cutting the mustard Charlie came in from the cold, before getting injured. Had he not got injured, he’d have been playing every week. God you’ll be moaning our genius manager has only started Sims once next

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its weird, its like some just don't like the way he runs (or something). The guy was not expensive, has been the leading scorer for the past 2 seasons even with the injuries, and lifts the team up when he is out there. The players have confidence in him. He is the only guy we have who consistently delivers goals.
If we had a player like Austin who was actually available for more than about 10 games a season (instead of Austin) then we would be nowhere near relegation.

His inability to keep himself in the condition needed to play PL football is a big factor.

All very well scoring 6 goals in 8 games or similar but not much use if those 8 games are all you manage in a season because you aren't in good enough physical shape.

If we had a player like Austin who was actually available for more than about 10 games a season (instead of Austin) then we would be nowhere near relegation.

His inability to keep himself in the condition needed to play PL football is a big factor.

All very well scoring 6 goals in 8 games or similar but not much use if those 8 games are all you manage in a season because you aren't in good enough physical shape.

I am not Charlie Austins greatest fan but, notwithstanding his fitness issues, he seems more of a natural goalscorer than the £12m Shane Long, £15m Manolo Gabbiadini and £19m Carillo

This is just moaning for the sake of it. He started with Gabbi for the first few games, god imagine the uproar if he’d started with Charlie instead. Once it became apparent that Gabbi wasn’t cutting the mustard Charlie came in from the cold, before getting injured. Had he not got injured, he’d have been playing every week. God you’ll be moaning our genius manager has only started Sims once next

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Talking ****** as usual, he played Long on his own before he gave Austin a run. Who gives a **** what ‘uproar’ there would have been, a manager is paid to pick the right players not pander to the fans.

Best natural striker we have, yeah he needs to improve his conditioning or something to be able to play 30 games, but he has been fit and not played at times he's better then that Carrillo when injured.

Problem is MP will play Carrillo over him which is a disgrace and that will relegate us.

This manager is more than capable of keeping Austin on the bench behind Long and Carrillo even when he does regain full fitness.
He won't be fully match fit by the end of the season as by the time he is back there won't be enough games left to achieve that.

He is a 10-15 game a season player now, as proven by significant injuries in each of the three seasons he has been at Saints.

That is little use to any side.