Saintsweb match at SMS

DrZuess1979 the 2nd

Flicking through one of the match day programmes, and noticed we've started letting wannabe footballers on the halo turf

I know we've done it before would anyone be interested again

Basic package is £4K, can't remember what it was back when ?

But if we had a similar arrangement as last time, with enough people could be a goer

It was excellent last time, and something to tell anyone that'll listen

Flicking through one of the match day programmes, and noticed we've started letting wannabe footballers on the halo turf

I know we've done it before would anyone be interested again

But if we had a similar arrangement as last time, with enough people could be a goer

It was excellent last time, and something to tell anyone that'll listen

I'm not very good, but would be happy to get involved depending on price....Surely Steve could get us a deal ;)

As a once in a lifetime opportunity type thing would absolutely love to be involved in something like this. I was lucky to play against Saints Legends at Andover in 2011 and that was incredible!

I remember reading about the last time this happened and was very jealous.

Haven't looked at what they're offering these days, but it was £4k + VAT when we did it before, which didn't include the kit - I negotiated with the club separately for that.

Not going to do anything like that this summer, it's too short-notice now, but might look at it for next year.

Once in a lifetime chance to have someone try to muller me in the first minute, get my name wrong on the video and... well, score in the first 2 minutes at St Mary's past someone who appears to have emigrated as a result. :)

Squad of 16 on each side, 6 on each get 90 minutes, the rest get 45. Obviously those playing 90 minutes pay more for the privilege.

Seem to remember hardly anyone lasting 90 minutes last time anyway. Distinctly remember the conversation;

"What's wrong Rabbit?"

"Just cramp, I'll run it off."

"Errr...."

:lol:

Would be interested in this again, see if I can last the whole 90 without getting injured this time! Hoping that Dubai and Nick will return to the dugouts?

that would be superb but I think the9 has his eye on that job. I of course would be serving a touchline ban for being sent off last time.(you can find it somewhere on youtube) I think I might play for 45 minutes after seeing the quality on show before.lol I may as well waddle around like most of the others.

Dave Ford played a cameo role in the first game and to be fair was a cut above everyone else(don't tell him I said that, as I tried not to be impressed)another ringer that Dubai Phil threw in as another of his devilish tricks.

Thankfully justice was done in the 2nd game.

If this does go ahead, I would recommend to any others on here to join in as not only is it great to meet the people on here you have a great laugh.

If I do play I don't want to be in Phils team as his team talk goes on for 2 hours and after his reminiscence of Ryder cups and his other golf stories it is time to kick off.

Oh I would be manager again if there was no other wanting to do it, but playing might show the youngsters on here up a bit,.......how about a walking match then all the old boys on here could play as well.

Will be great us meeting again, some old and new faces and even some who don't post on here anymore like Justmike, Hamster,SaintDonkey etc

that would be superb but I think the9 has his eye on that job. I of course would be serving a touchline ban for being sent off last time.(you can find it somewhere on youtube) I think I might play for 45 minutes after seeing the quality on show before.lol I may as well waddle around like most of the others.

Dave Ford played a cameo role in the first game and to be fair was a cut above everyone else(don't tell him I said that, as I tried not to be impressed)another ringer that Dubai Phil threw in as another of his devilish tricks.

Thankfully justice was done in the 2nd game.

If this does go ahead, I would recommend to any others on here to join in as not only is it great to meet the people on here you have a great laugh.

If I do play I don't want to be in Phils team as his team talk goes on for 2 hours and after his reminiscence of Ryder cups and his other golf stories it is time to kick off.

Oh I would be manager again if there was no other wanting to do it, but playing might show the youngsters on here up a bit,.......how about a walking match then all the old boys on here could play as well.

Will be great us meeting again, some old and new faces and even some who don't post on here anymore like Justmike, Hamster,SaintDonkey etc

Might need you on the bench if I'm to return to the fray. I like to think that I played better the second time but truth is I probably did better in the post match side of things on both occasions

Seem to remember hardly anyone lasting 90 minutes last time anyway. Distinctly remember the conversation;

"What's wrong Rabbit?"

"Just cramp, I'll run it off."

"Errr...."

:lol:

In the first game I was asked to come back on with 20 minutes left to help out, despite playing longer than I was meant to already... I kindly let someone else had a go (and we conceded some late goals and lost).

The players might not be that good but there'd be hundreds of great managers ;)

That is true.

However there are and always will be Two LEGENDARY Managers.

Perhaps THE only time a Manager at SMS will ever be spotted slurping Magners in the Technical Area. (And no, it wasn't the one who nearly got sent to the stands)

It was a brilliant event, and yes, everyone rolls their eyes up as the tale is retold.

That is true.

However there are and always will be Two LEGENDARY Managers.

Perhaps THE only time a Manager at SMS will ever be spotted slurping Magners in the Technical Area. (And no, it wasn't the one who nearly got sent to the stands)

It was a brilliant event, and yes, everyone rolls their eyes up as the tale is retold.

The first one was infinitely better than the second one, IMO.

The officials were a bunch of absolute dickheads in the second one, tried to make the whole thing all about them, when in actual fact if we'd not paid to make it happen, they'd have been at home none the wiser and wouldn't have got the opportunity to officiate at St Mary's.

The officials were a bunch of absolute dickheads in the second one, tried to make the whole thing all about them, when in actual fact if we'd not paid to make it happen, they'd have been at home none the wiser and wouldn't have got the opportunity to officiate at St Mary's.

As someone who only played in the first match this pleases me.

Unlike Rabbit's weird waddle. :D

I dont agree Steve. Both were good competitive games, of course the first may seem better to you as you were on the winning side (by dubaious means of course lol)

It was great that you took the trouble to arrange things and i doubt there are many who watched and played did not thoroughly enjoy.

I hope you do it again whether Iam involved or not and would recommend to all.

i met a few who disagreed with me over the years but all turned out to be great lads

I dont agree Steve. Both were good competitive games, of course the first may seem better to you as you were on the winning side (by dubaious means of course lol)

Didn't have anything to do with the result, it was their attitude. The officials we had in the first game fully bought into the spirit of the event, but for the second lot it was all about them.

One player on the opposition was a mate of the ref's, so was allowed to get away with a two-footed lunge that - it later transpired - broke my foot (I stupidly played on, mainly on the basis that I'd paid a good amount of money to do so). Said referee then threatened me with abandoning the game when I dared to ask how the **** he hadn't seen it despite being stood five yards away.

Didn't have anything to do with the result, it was their attitude. The officials we had in the first game fully bought into the spirit of the event, but for the second lot it was all about them.

One player on the opposition was a mate of the ref's, so was allowed to get away with a two-footed lunge that - it later transpired - broke my foot (I stupidly played on, mainly on the basis that I'd paid a good amount of money to do so). Said referee then threatened me with abandoning the game when I dared to ask how the **** he hadn't seen it despite being stood five yards away.

This MIGHT have coloured your opinion... just like I'd have enjoyed the first game less if I'd been taken out by Hamster's mad hack in the first 10 seconds and hadn't scored under a minute later.

As for 12st 5, REALLY? Not even when you were smuggling that beer barrel up your top a while back? That's like, my completely unrealistic target weight. :o

Im sorry to hear that, I didnt noticed it impair your performance though, very consistent with the first one:) . There were quite a few injuries in both games,but most liked to carry on playing, like yourself.

The ref who sent me off was a bit serious but i didnt realise he had threatened to abandon the game! You hardly had a strop and pointed your finger in his face. Funnily enough he didnt want to send me off as he would have to make a report lol. They even sent stewards down after they had been told there was a sending off!!!

The9 did get a right kicking by Hamster, right in front of me it was and the9 was lucky he was not badly injured. It was not malicious just badly timed.

I hope your foot has recovered and will be ready for the next game.

Didn't someone upload the best bits to YouTube?

By best bits I of course mean my goals ;)

First game? Yeah I think so, along with my "wrongly labelled as someone else" goals. Come to think of it, he won MoM as well... waitaminute...?

How about making it an inter forum match TSW v TUI or something, perhaps for charity. Or are TSW still worried about upsetting the club?

Jesus, SaintsForever v Essruu's Saints Fun flashback. Giordano's girly scream and Bjorn bouncing Rabbit into the chainlink fence around the astropitch at Fleming Park via a "robust" challenge and 10 yard knee-skid... I can't even remember how many we won by now, I probably scored though. Did you play? :D