Post-Match Reaction: Everton 1-1 SAINTS

Saint-Armstrong

Big chance missed yes but we did enough to win just missed a load of chances some of which hit the woodwork 2-3 times?

Should have taken at least 2 of those chances and really in this league we should of taken 3 if we want to even be a top half team.

Frustrating game, which should have been all over at half-time.

Tadic was excellent. I don't normally like him staying on the right, but he completely owned Oviedo.

Our crossing, as ever, could have been better but we still hit the woodwork twice, worked the keeper time and again and got Long in twice one on one with the keeper.

Hope the new money coming into Everton results in a stadium move as I f@@king hate Goodison Park.

Our Europa chances certainly aren't over but they're incredibly slim. We need to win at least 3 of our remaining 4 games to stand any chance imo.

I can't see us winning against Spurs or Man City unfortunately.

City at home? I can see us winning that. They'll rest players for that game either side of the CL semi final legs.

I thought Vic and Jordy were excellent, always pick pocketing their midfielders and pressing when the chance arose, back 4 were very good, just unlucky with the goal.

Some players with bad 1st touches (long and pelle especially), was nice to see Jay show that a striker can actually hit the target without 20 attempts first.

I still want a no. 10 trequartista and a clinical striker (if charlie doesnt perform).

Koeman Reaction to Everton Draw:

Very frustrated

Happy to get 1 point in the end as we went 1-0 down

we lost a big opportunity to win this with their changes

we started sloppy

we had a lot of space

we had to score in the 1st half

final pass was not good enough

not enough shots on target

was not good enough

graziano was not that fresh, we had to change it

this has damaged our European chances a little

this was a big opportunity missed

we have to win next week

Jose has gone to hospital, we have to wait to see what it is

Would normally be happy to come back from Goodison with a point but given the circumstances I'm actually disappointed. 9 points is very much achievable from the next 4 games I reckon, will need to rely on the others to mess up, especially Liverpool.

Can i post that i think its still possible then or do you want to make me say it is`nt?

Unlike you I am perfectly happy for you to have an opinion.

If you recall you started it by disagreeing with my own opinion (which I am entitled to).

My opinion (and that of Koeman) is that today was a big blow to our Europa League hopes. My own opinion is that we have a very, very small chance now.

We will need to win all four games and hope others drop points in their last four plus two/three games in hand.

Koeman Reaction to Everton Draw:

Very frustrated

Happy to get 1 point in the end as we went 1-0 down

we lost a big opportunity to win this with their changes

we started sloppy

we had a lot of space

we had to score in the 1st half

final pass was not good enough

not enough shots on target

was not good enough

graziano was not that fresh, we had to change it

this has damaged our European chances a little

this was a big opportunity missed

we have to win next week

Jose has gone to hospital, we have to wait to see what it is

pretty much sums up my feelings. Plus:

01) Frustrating game to be sure. However, I am liking the Long-Pelle-Mane-Tadic offense front to be honest though. That game could have easily been 1-3.

02) Martina had a good game. Was active.

03) We have to get our corners figured out. Wasted so many chances. Can anyone on the squad other than JWP deliver on a set piece?

04) After Wanyama went off, we lost control of the midfield. There was a good 10 to 15 minutes stretch, after we scored, were we could not get possession to make that final push for the second goal.

05) JRod on the pitch is encouraging and individually he looks fine, but with such a long absence from real playing time, he isn't really clicking with his teammates - understandably. With time (next season) things hopefully will improve in that respect.

06) VvD seemed frustrated for sure out there.

07) I thought Koeman got the lineups and substitutions right. It was a gamble taking Wanyama off, but I like that he was going for the 3 points.

08) Long again was lively, I thought for sure it would bear fruit. Gibson's take down of Long should have been a red!

09) Saints - Two balls off the woodwork | Everton - 2 shots on target, 1 of them a deflected shot for goal.

10) Europa probably gone. Top 8 finish still likely.

How did we drop points when they were ahead?

Because we wasted so many chances before they scored, and should have been ahead by that point. Hit the woodwork twice and wasted a handful of other good opportunities as well.

Their goal was totally against the run of play and came from a flukey deflection.

Surprised we didn't lose. Everton still had some good players playing. We lost top 5 chances ages ago we've not lived up to potential most the season and don't really deserve European football this time.

Just hope we learn from it and have a better go at it next season.

Agree

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Surprised we didn't lose. Everton still had some good players playing. We lost top 5 chances ages ago we've not lived up to potential most the season and don't really deserve European football this time.

Just hope we learn from it and have a better go at it next season.

The league is worse this year and so (marginally) are we.

To do better next year we will need the summer signings to be of the quality of summer 2014 rather than 2015.

Van Dijk aside, our mainstays were either already here or signed during that summer.

pretty much sums up my feelings. Plus:

01) Frustrating game to be sure. However, I am liking the Long-Pelle-Mane-Tadic offense front to be honest though. That game could have easily been 1-3.

02) Martina had a good game. Was active.

03) We have to get our corners figured out. Wasted so many chances. Can anyone on the squad other than JWP deliver on a set piece?

04) After Wanyama went off, we lost control of the midfield. There was a good 10 to 15 minutes stretch, after we scored, were we could not get possession to make that final push for the second goal.

05) JRod on the pitch is encouraging and individually he looks fine, but with such a long absence from real playing time, he isn't really clicking with his teammates - understandably. With time (next season) things hopefully will improve in that respect.

06) VvD seemed frustrated for sure out there.

07) I thought Koeman got the lineups and substitutions right. It was a gamble taking Wanyama off, but I like that he was going for the 3 points.

08) Long again was lively, I thought for sure it would bear fruit. Gibson's take down of Long should have been a red!

09) Saints - Two balls off the woodwork | Everton - 2 shots on target, 1 of them a deflected shot for goal.

10) Europa probably gone. Top 8 finish still likely.

Long was lively? He passed when thru cost us game

2 points dropped

very wasteful AGAIN in the attacking 3rd. like that for much of the season

that was a woeful Everton side.

Tadic is so frustrating.

Martina had a good game. Mane looked dangerous. Pelle had to get out of Stones' pocket before getting taken off

Pompey let in 2 goals in minute to throw away a lead and lose at home to plymouth lol

Rubbish result but that Pompey result really puts a shine on it, lol :lol:

Unlike you I am perfectly happy for you to have an opinion.

If you recall you started it by disagreeing with my own opinion (which I am entitled to).

My opinion (and that of Koeman) is that today was a big blow to our Europa League hopes. My own opinion is that we have a very, very small chance now.

We will need to win all four games and hope others drop points in their last four plus two/three games in hand.

Agree. ALWAYS_SFC is also playing his usual blinder. It'ssome feat on here when happy-clappers and bed-wetters alike think you're a nob.

jesus christ, coming on this site after we don't win is often depressing enough without having to trawl through tons of always_sfc posts attacking everyone else.

Seriously, it's boring as ****.

You've been on this site long enough now, you should know (even if Always doesn't actually realise/admit it himself) that it's his "thing", it's predominantly what he does on here. Much like Jamie moaning about Pelle, really.

We played very well. One of our better performances all season I'd say. Dominated totally. On another day we'd have taken the three points. No complaints at all from me other than wondering why long didn't shoot. We've played a hell of a lot worse and got a result. Those dark early season days feel such a long way away now. Could VVD be any more commanding?

We played very well. One of our better performances all season I'd say. Dominated totally. On another day we'd have taken the three points. No complaints at all from me other than wondering why long didn't shoot. We've played a hell of a lot worse and got a result. Those dark early season days feel such a long way away now. Could VVD be any more commanding?

the final 3rd was not good enough today really.

Frustrating match, think the team played well but some bad luck and quality in front of the goal lost us 2 points. Going to be difficult to reach the 60 points from last season now, once again a game that confirmed to me that we need a proper attacking midfielder next season.

Not capitalizing on matches when we are on top has been the story of our season. I had really hoped the arrival of Austin would give us that striker with killer instinct to put the ball in the back of the net on a regular basis sadly his first 10 minutes aside that hasn't happened.

Just a case of going for broke and finishing high up the table as we can now.

But it's okay to be one on one with goalie and pass it backwards like long is it? Tadic made goal.

People never give credit to Tadic, even if he is the best player on the pitch like he was today. He toyed around with Oviedo and fed Long with a beautiful pass that no other player on the team is capable of doing.

I didn't understand why Koeman took Pelle off, we lost the aerial threat after that. Was he hurt?

Clasie is terrible, just terrible. I really don't get it. He doesen't win the ball back, bad first touch and his passes are ALWAYS off. He looked nervous with the ball. To keep him out is hurting the player and the team. Let him build slowly his confidence, it's just isn't coming together for him.

People never give credit to Tadic, even if he is the best player on the pitch like he was today. He toyed around with Oviedo and fed Long with a beautiful pass that no other player on the team is capable of doing.

I didn't understand why Koeman took Pelle off, we lost the aerial threat after that. Was he hurt?

Clasie is terrible, just terrible. I really don't get it. He doesen't win the ball back, bad first touch and his passes are ALWAYS off. He looked nervous with the ball. To keep him out is hurting the player and the team. Let him build slowly his confidence, it's just isn't coming together for him.

Yes, it would have been better if he'd subbed Clasie instead of Wanyama. I thought Wanyama was outstanding yet again today. He's another player, like Tadic and Mane, some Saints fans seem reluctant to give credit to.

Everton seemed to set out in the first half to injure as many of our players as possible. Fonte and Wanyama were subjected to some nasty fouls. I've noticed it's a tactic of dirty teams to target key players early in the game when there is less chance the ref will give them cards.

Everton seemed to set out in the first half to injure as many of our players as possible. Fonte and Wanyama were subjected to some nasty fouls. I've noticed it's a tactic of dirty teams to target key players early in the game when there is less chance the ref will give them cards.

we are a dirty side too. Most sendings off this season or something like that

Just back, very strange atmosphere. Won't ever consider saints Mary's quiet again. Clearly very unhappy fans there.

Frustrating result, normally an away point there would be a good result but feels like a missed opportunity. European chances have slipped a bit. Felt we dominated the game, hit the woodwork twice, their goal looked to take several deflections. Good to see the reaction from saints in getting the equaliser. Want to see motd because I really felt long should have had the confidence to beat the keeper at 1-1 rather than trying the lay off.

Only Man City and Tottenham have scored more at home but we've only got 14 goals in 17 away games. It's not difficult to see where we're going wrong and a number 10 has to our first priority in the summer, especially if Mane goes.

It's been such an odd season and with the exception of a few notable wins we've never really got going. Such a shame with so many of the big clubs faltering. Still, could be a lot worse

Thing with Tadic is tho, at least if you ask me, he can be extremely frustrating at times because you know he can do better but i kinda have the same with all our attackers. Mané for example has flashes of brilliance but a minute later i see him running balls over sidelines for no reason or other weird simple stuff that goes wrong but i guess if they didnt do that on a regular base they wouldnt be playing for Southampton.

It's sad that we most likely won't have Europe to look forward to next year (haven't really forgiven Wanyama for fecking it up for us this year.) but we can't really complain too much. A few years ago I'd have given my right arm to finish this high up the table. We are so well run and will probably end up mid table again next year which is a decent achievement. Hopefully we get a cup final or two to look forward to eventually.

I'm a bit gutted as I missed out on Arnhem when all my mates went because of work. Was hoping to get to the group stages but that never happened. Hopefully we do it. If not then I really hope we make a better go of it next season!

Tadic was our best player on the day, but consistently gave the ball away or held onto it whilst good passing opportunities (sometimes two or three) passed him by. He likes to put his foot on it and be the Big I Am too much. That he was still our best player says a lot about the others. A lot of them didn't seem to want it enough. Disappointing.

What I don't understand is why is there a swear word filter on this site if always_sfc is always allowed to circumnavigate it by splitting the offending word in two. Makes a mockery of the rule and seems Always_sfc is above the law, which makes renewing my membership a tad pointless, as someone who always attacks posters is continually allowed to post.

What I don't understand is why is there a swear word filter on this site if always_sfc is always allowed to circumnavigate it by splitting the offending word in two. Makes a mockery of the rule and seems Always_sfc is above the law, which makes renewing my membership a tad pointless, as someone who always attacks posters is continually allowed to post.

Please miss tell him off, he`s using naughty words that mean "if you do something to your finger with a pin" :scared:

Bet you were popular at school running to teacher every five minutes :lol:

I give my opinion and disagree with others as i`m told this is the point of a forum...