Post-Match Reaction: Everton 1-1 SAINTS

Saint-Armstrong

Thats surely Europa League gone with the games in hand others have.

Must win game and the pressure of it seemed to show at first, not for the first time this season.

Fact is, we are a good team but not good enough to be a top 6 team. We don't score enough goals away from home and had a spell of losing 8/10 games earlier in the season.

Given the Everton situation it is a poor result.

It was kinda a gimmie 3 points really, not just based on their team but how they played as well. Fans on their backs, kids in the team, continuously conceding possession to us.

But we just don't take games by the scruff of their neck. If we had a ruthless streak we'd have done this lot 4 or 5 today, criminal we didn't win really.

2 points dropped

very wasteful AGAIN in the attacking 3rd. like that for much of the season

that was a woeful Everton side.

Tadic is so frustrating.

Martina had a good game. Mane looked dangerous. Pelle had to get out of Stones' pocket before getting taken off

Pompey let in 2 goals in minute to throw away a lead and lose at home to plymouth lol

Thats surely Europa League gone with the games in hand others have.

Must win game and the pressure of it seemed to show at first, not for the first time this season.

Fact is, we are a good team but not good enough to be a top 6 team. We don't score enough goals away from home and had a spell of losing 8/10 games earlier in the season.

Given the Everton situation it is a poor result.

Yep those are all definite wins,:rolleyes: lets all give up, unlike you i dont think the team will give up

2 points dropped

Tadic is so frustrating.

Martina had a good game. Mane looked dangerous. Pelle had to get out of Stones' pocket before getting taken off

Pompey let in 2 goals in minute to throw away a lead and lose at home to plymouth lol

How you can say that about tadic who was best player and not moan at long passing when 1 on 1 is beyond me. Is it cos he rubs around?

2 points dropped

Tadic is so frustrating.

You really are a p ri ck....he went off with a knock

Really un-satisfying attacking performance, we may have been on top 80% of the game but if you do not convert your chances then it is just a waste. We lacked the final ball and the shots on target. Our crossing again is something that we do a lot, but are so so poor at and really is something we need to work on. Definitely 2 points list which is the disappointing thing when we are fighting for Europa, and that Everton side was ready for the tacking.

How you can say that about tadic who was best player and not moan at long passing when 1 on 1 is beyond me. Is it cos he rubs around?

Tadic is very frustrating. I like him as a player, but time and time again his final ball was shocking. That and giving the ball away for free with crap passes to the guy five meters from him. I don't know how you define frustrating... but that does it for me and most fans.

Plenty of positives. We really looked hungry to win the ball back when they had it, snapping in to tackles and forcing the errors. A bit more composure, or a ruthless edge from Shane long and we would have taken all three points.

Tadic is very frustrating. I like him as a player, but time and time again his final ball was shocking. That and giving the ball away for free with crap passes to the guy five meters from him. I don't know how you define frustrating... but that does it for me and most fans.

But it's okay to be one on one with goalie and pass it backwards like long is it? Tadic made goal.

Honestly mate Jesus. No point living in false hope not doable now.

What do you make our EL chances then? Surely no more than 10/15% now?

Still a chance..percentages have nothing to do with it

Can you imagine the uproar if the club said "we give up its all over"...

Definatly 2 points dropped today

We are an OK side, but no bite. Our goal threat is what lets us down really.

I remember the days when a draw was good enough to stop the rot to the relegation zone. Those days are gone and anything less than a win is just downright not right,fair,cricket,acceptable,or enough.

Still, Villa are down, they didn't fight to stay up, so wont play for pride or with the freedom of no pressure, so at least lets try and get a 9 pointer to make this season a bit more worth while.

For such an oddball season this was actually a result that was consistent with where we are right now, a solid mid/upper mid table prem team, on our day capable of troubling the big boys but not quite good enough to consistently kill off our competitors.

Ah well Europe is deffo gone, tbh it probably was anyway but it is now. Deckchairs out and sunscreen on.

Funny old season, I think it will be a long time till we experience a campaign where we win at Chelsea and Utd and **** Arsenal at home yet we've been totally **** poor at times too.

Onwards ad upwards to the Euros - actually looking forward to seeing how Vardy and Kane (surely roy has to pick Vardy?) do for England. Hopefully we'll have a good tournament for the first time since France 98, it's about time.

Been a strange season but not a bad one.

Definatly 2 points dropped today

We are an OK side, but no bite. Our goal threat is what lets us down really.

I remember the days when a draw was good enough to stop the rot to the relegation zone. Those days are gone and anything less than a win is just downright not right,fair,cricket,acceptable,or enough.

Still, Villa are down, they didn't fight to stay up, so wont play for pride or with the freedom of no pressure, so at least lets try and get a 9 pointer to make this season a bit more worth while.

How did we drop points when they were ahead?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

For such an oddball season this was actually a result that was consistent with where we are right now, a solid mid/upper mid table prem team, on our day capable of troubling the big boys but not quite good enough to consistently kill off our competitors.

Ah well Europe is deffo gone, tbh it probably was anyway but it is now. Deckchairs out and sunscreen on.

Funny old season, I think it will be a long time till we experience a campaign where we win at Chelsea and Utd and **** Arsenal at home yet we've been totally **** poor at times too.

Onwards ad upwards to the Euros - actually looking forward to seeing how Vardy and Kane (surely roy has to pick Vardy?) do for England. Hopefully we'll have a good tournament for the first time since France 98, it's about time.

Been a strange season but not a bad one.

Good summary but we all know he will pick Rooney

:lol:

I gave my opinion that we still have a chance...hope that helps

Of course we do in theory. But today has probably reduced the chances to a very, very low chance.

Nothing wrong with pointing that out, its true.

I'm not sure you have totally grasped that this is a forum, not the OS.

Of course we do in theory. But today has probably reduced the chances to a very, very low chance.

Nothing wrong with pointing that out, its true.

I'm not sure you have totally grasped that this is a forum, not the OS.

Can i post that i think its still possible then or do you want to make me say it is`nt?