RIP Victoria Wood

Batman

Real shame. Not really my kind of humour but a really likeable figure. I saw a tv crew filming on Hungerford pedestrian bridge a couple of years ago and peered at the presenter to see if it was anyone I recognised. She saw me looking and gave me a big smile and a little wave. RIP

Well slap me on the bottom with the Women's Weekly!

What a genuinly talented lady and what a sad loss. At her best I can think of few funnier or more original comedians. Although not everyone's 'cup of tea' I suppose methinks that 'Dinnerladies' was a work of near genius and perhaps the best sit-com of its era. Victoria wrote and starred in it of course, but he way she made sure her co-stars in that wonderful ensemble cast got most of the best lines speaks of a generosity of spirit that is rare indeed.

And if you didn't laugh at her iconic 'Acorn Antiques' then there's just no hope for you.

Edited by CHAPEL END CHARLIE

An obituary on here for a female comic. The times they are a changin.

This made me actually laugh out loud.

Have to say was one of those celebrity deaths which do feel like a mini shock. Clearly we weren't ready for her to leave us just yet.

A supreme talent and very hard-worker. She's the kind of person I'd want my daughters to aspire to be.