Shut Up You Stupid Bint

Gemmel

... Why does she think the rules don't apply to her ?

It's because she's American.

I'm not being xenophobic here, I'm not saying this to insult them as I like the country and them a lot, but I've lived and worked with enough American's to see their attitudes when elsewhere in the world and many of them genuinely believe that being the biggest / most powerful country in the world should afford them special treatment (and their children are also brought up with values different from ours).

Edited by Fatboy40

I have just realised it was not only the 15 litres of breast milk that was the problem but also the carry on fridge to it in:lol:

Seeing as no Airlines stock decent ale, I think I'll take a minibar style fridge along with me as check in baggage and expect them to keep my Old Speckled Hen chilled for me.

Seriously though, it seems as if customs were doing her toddler a favour .....

How long can you store breast milk?

•Insulated cooler. Freshly expressed breast milk can be stored in an insulated cooler with ice packs for up to one day.

•Refrigerator. Freshly expressed breast milk can be stored in the back of the refrigerator for up to five days in clean conditions. However, use or freezer storage within three days is optimal.

•Deep freezer. Freshly expressed breast milk can be stored in the back of a deep freezer for up to 12 months. However, using the frozen milk within six months is optimal

I am assuming she didn't try taking on a fully functioning fridge/freezer so option 1 or 2

How much milk shold your toddler have?

"While breast milk should still provide most of his nutrition, a baby's milk intake may drop from 30 oz. at 7 months to 19 oz. by 11 or 12 months"

And this amount reduces every month after 1 year old as more solids are introduced

So, she had 200oz of fresh milk ...... about 10 days worth, which should ideally be used within 3 days!!

How exactly was she keeping the frozen milk completely frozen? It doesn't say where she was flying to, but if it were to The US, door step to door step would be a minimum 12 hours. Rule # 1 .... never refreeze anything that has defrosted.

I am 100% pro breast feeding, and admire how single working mums cope .... but how stupid is this woman to try and pull off a stunt like this without even thinking about contacting the airline about making suitable arrangements in this day and age?