Stag do's

Mr_Red

I have best man duties to complete.

I want to do a decent job, but need some inspiration.

Any good ideas for this? Stupid stories etc? (We've all heard the smurf one)

Were going to Thruxton for the touring car champs, but need an activity for the Saturday.

Any thoughts on what to do? I can't imagine there's much going on in Andover?!

Was thinking pub crawl (by foot or bike) but don't know the area well.

Would really appreciate any suggestions, stupid or other.

Cheers all.

Vegas seems to be increasingly popular. Personally though I'd want all my mate's on my stag do, not just the ones that can afford it (from experience I can assure you that you need £2.5k minimum for flights, Hotel and spending to "do Vegas" properly for 3+ nights).

Personally not a massive fan of activities, just take me to a far away Eastern European hell hole with a good group of mates, rock up to a bar that serves a pint for less than a quid and end up at a strip club where the girls have no morals.

Personally not a massive fan of activities, just take me to a far away Eastern European hell hole with a good group of mates, rock up to a bar that serves a pint for less than a quid and end up at a strip club where the girls have no morals.

.....end up in a disused factory being tortured by mega-rich Americans.

Yeah Prague is really good, recently went to Budapest for a stag as well. There were 24 of us which I was concerned about before we went but the place was brilliant for it. Went to a shooting range to try out some different weapons, went on these beer bike contraptions for a couple of hours around the city, and spent the rest of the time drinking 90p pints, clubbing and spending time with naked women.

Andover is very poor for a pubcrawl but Salisbury is a short trip on the train. A group of us go there every few months. You could do a loop of about 1.5 miles and cover 10 pubs. Some of which are proper pubs full of character. Skip the two pubs outside the train station and deacons and head down fisherton street. Arrive at midday and have a day on it.

N

Some surprisingly good suggestions, and advice. Thanks all.

i should have mentioned the low budget, flights are out of the question. As much as I'd like to go abroad.

The distillery is a great shout, but the stag is much more of an ale drinker - any good brewery tours about? Ringwood is too far away I think...

Thanks for the Andover advice too, I know Salisbury a bit so may head there. Anyone know of any good bike ride routes with pubs along the way? Somewhat weather dependent I suppose.

• 3 weeks later...
Been looking at this crawl for a while. What route did you do (in order, original) which day and if a saturday were there any issues with pubs being closed if on a saturday.

cheers

N

We did it over 2 days , Fri & Sat so no problems with pubs shut . We wanted to spread it out rather than rush about on one day . Some bloke worked out the route , but it defo wasn't in order of the board , it was planned to minimise travelling time .