Saints 4-2 Man City

Lighthouse

MotM vs Manchester City (Home 2015/16)  

324 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Manchester City (Home 2015/16)

• Forster
    • Bertrand
    • Martina
    • van Dijk
    • Fonte
    • Wanyama
    • Clasie
    • Davis
    • Tadić
    • Mané
    • Long
    • Romeu
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Rodriguez

Excellent performance and puts europa league back on the table. Huge game against Spuds next.

Tadic, Long and Mane unplayable at times. Big decision for the board in the summer whether to cash in on Mane or keep hold of him and sell him for less with only one year on his deal.

He's such a game changer i'd be tempted to keep him despite the fact it's african nations next year.

Thought Martina was the poorest of the starting xi on display. At fault for the first and out of position several times. Still he did play a delicious ball for a goal. Think Cedric may come back in next week though.

Jrod needs a good telling off for being utterly selfish during his cameo. The players in red shirts were in his team so pass to them rather than trying to beat the entire city team on his own.

Iheancho is a good little prospect and glad Aguero stayed on the bench.

Thrilling stuff to watch - whether Citeh had their minds elsewhere or not, Saints played some lovely Football. Mane and Tadic just superb. Wanyama, Davis, Long, VVD, Bertrand all very good. If there's the faintest prospect of retaining Mane the Club must pull out every pound they can to do it. The only downside of the game was the horrible form of Clasie - when Romeu came on he looked so much better.

Just goes to show on it's day this team and squad are ****ing good if only we were consistent. Shame we let them score 2 (both of which seemed soft) but beating Man city 4-2 I'll take that every day. Big shout out Tadic I know he gets a lot of grief but when is on form we rock.

Only negative, Jrod looked like he was running in treacle when he came on. Looks to have lost some pace :(

Yep - my thoughts too.

He had that run/tussle with Nasri(I think it was); and looked outfought and outmuscled....then took ages to move back into position.

Still - he's going to have a full preseason under his belt to prepare for next season.

Thrilling stuff to watch - whether Citeh had their minds elsewhere or not, Saints played some lovely Football. Mane and Tadic just superb. Wanyama, Davis, Long, VVD, Bertrand all very good. If there's the faintest prospect of retaining Mane the Club must pull out every pound they can to do it. The only downside of the game was the horrible form of Clasie - when Romeu came on he looked so much better.

Harsh on Clasie - thought he played quite well - getting stuck in and breaking up play with VW, and made a few good forward passes. Long MoM for me - was everywhere, and even though Tadic and Mane were excellent, Long gets my vote.

We could win the league playing like that every week. Just a shame Mane will be gone at the end of the season.Got the impression from reactions after he isn't the most popular guy in the squad so may be pushing for a move.Going forward, Long needs to be the focal point, we are so much better without Pelle. £12 million for Long doesn't look so bad now. Great performance though, and we should be confident going to Spurs, who will be feeling a bit sorry for themselves being confirmed in 2nd place by the time we kick off.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Great win and performance. Will need to defend better at Spurs but their back 4 will not fancy our forward line one little bit - can see Long doing Toby for pace and Mane, Tadic and Long were superb today. Victor played very well as did Ryan, Fonte and VVD. Martina had a couple of shaky moments but also some quality and a developing player. Cedric should be part-exed for a new RB though.

Only weak link was Clasie, much better once Romeu on. City were woeful bar one outstanding 19 year old. Sterling - £50m you have to be joking and the knee injuries have caught up with Nasri. Delph anonymous, another one who just moved for the money and seeing his England Euros hopes going down the swanney.

Although, not as bad as JWP one on one and just have no clue what to do!

That was bloody hilarious! I was sat in chapel and you could see him desperately looking left & right. He didn't have a clue what to do. Poor lad!

Would love to see long start as our regular centre forward, so impressed with him recently,never gives up on anything we look so much more mobile up front when he plays. Dare I say it he could be our Jamie hardy.

That kind of praise could go to his head and he may start resting on his laurels so please don't dare say it.

Great performance from him today though, mom for medespite Mane scoring 3. Virg and Tadic also superb, Vic his had one of his good days too and even successfully completed a pass in excess of 10m!! C'Mon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saints 4-2 Man City

Saints 4-0 Arsenal

Saints 3-2 Liverpool

Chelsea 1-3 Saints

United 0-1 Saints

We've had some cracking wins this season.

Equal or better over 2 games with all those teams shows just how good we are capable of being. Damn that mid season sticky patch.

Some loose defending but we put their backs under so much pressure that they couldn't settle and get their midfielders in decent positions to move forward that often. The best thing about the way we are playing is that there is an enthusiasm and confidence in the team that is impressive for the end of the season. Bodes well if we can keep this squad intact where we want to and add for next season's campaign and genuine European push.

Absolutely class team performance, quite possibly the best since Koeman joined.

Long and Mane supplied by the excellent Tadic was great to watch.

Fonte and VVD also dominant.

Anyone who doesn't think he would miss Wanyama is mad - he was superb today and wins so many duels to prevent attacks.

Only negative for me was Clasie - turned so easily for his yellow then again in the build up to their first goal.

He doesn't have the athleticism required to boss a midfield in the PL IMO.

you gotta love supporting this magnificient football club. one end of the season we talking about relegation, and the other end we're talking about europe after drubbing man city and arsenal in the process. everyone excellent except cuco who looked a little shakey and a little lost at the back but was still good at distributing the ball forward, tadic motm for me, actually afraid he's the one the big boys will be looking at in the summer, our very own ozil:-) tie him down to a 5 yr NOW! I only hope we're the ones to sh*# on spuds' title chances next week. prayers!!