Football 365 Portrait of an Icon - Le God

Soulful Odin

In the same way that Leicester fans must be thinking "of all the clubs this has happened to, I am so lucky it was my club", I feel like that with Le Tissier. Supporters from all over comment on what a player he was, and I had the fortune and privilege of watching him play every week.

True legend. Lawrie Mac was right, happy to pay just to see him play. I remember a match at Selhurst Park where he picked up the ball in his own penalty area beat two players when most would have punted it away, ran the length of the pitch and put a shot just past the far post. I remember thinking that moment was worth paying to see on its own.

True legend. Lawrie Mac was right, happy to pay just to see him play. I remember a match at Selhurst Park where he picked up the ball in his own penalty area beat two players when most would have punted it away, ran the length of the pitch and put a shot just past the far post. I remember thinking that moment was worth paying to see on its own.

You must be mistaken.