Zlatan ......

Yorkshire Saint

Honestly even if he was by some bizarre turn of circumstance actually interested in coming to us, we should be steering well clear. It's guys like this who will stop a team from playing 'together'. With the competition and money in our league now, the difference has swung in favour of well functioning and bonded teams as opposed to bank breaking teams full or prima donnas. It's been going that way for last couple of seasons, Southampton, Leicester, West Ham are all examples of it. The trend will continue next season as well. We need to ship out the ego's (Pelle in my opinion) and get in honest, likeable team players like Bertrand, Schlong and Forster who will mix into the current setup.

Honestly even if he was by some bizarre turn of circumstance actually interested in coming to us, we should be steering well clear. It's guys like this who will stop a team from playing 'together'. With the competition and money in our league now, the difference has swung in favour of well functioning and bonded teams as opposed to bank breaking teams full or prima donnas. It's been going that way for last couple of seasons, Southampton, Leicester, West Ham are all examples of it. The trend will continue next season as well. We need to ship out the ego's (Pelle in my opinion) and get in honest, likeable team players like Bertrand, Schlong and Forster who will mix into the current setup.

Ibrahimovic is the club's record goalscorer despite only joining the club in 2012, his 152 goals coming in 178 appearances.

Yes he has scored a lot of goals but arguably in the least competitive professional league in Europe. I'm not arguing he isn't a great striker, I'm saying that team spirit is proven to be more valuableto teams like ours in the current climate than the contribution he 'could' bring. In a team of big name stars he would be at his best as he would have something to prove. In a team of hard working professionals (without glory brand names) he would bully the others and blame them for all shortcomings, he wouldn't need to work his socks off yet would expect every man and his dog to run around him like he was the second coming of the Messiah.

Shy retiring little flower isn't he? He really could do with having a bit more confidence in himself ;)

Would be interesting if he said "came like a king, left like a saint"

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Honestly even if he was by some bizarre turn of circumstance actually interested in coming to us, we should be steering well clear.

It's guys like this who will stop a team from playing 'together'.

.....which is a valid point. His goal-scoring record is surely great, but PSG are about a division above all the other clubs in the French League, and win everything.

He's always been " a bit of a prima-donna" but not renowned for dropping back to mark opponents and help out at the back.

If he comes .....and scores goals regularly he might be forgiven by many, but I don't see him as "team player" in the same sense as Long or even Pelle.

I completely agree Monk.

However I see it as my bound duty to keep this thread going so that in can become a Portsmyth and therefore give us another excuse to take the p!ss out of them for believing it.

And of course:

Zlatan.....

(Actually it just occurred to me what would happen if Zlatan and Costa came up against each other in a PL match........)

If I am right I am bagging ITK status, life time membership.

I have been told by someone close to the Italian media and a Juventus s/t holder that Zlatan Ibrahimović has agreed a summer move to Southampton - on the basis of his exceptional relationship with Ronald at Ajax. Wage structure to be demolished in line with new TV revenue.

If I am wrong hey who cares I loved hearing it.

Stranger things have happened in football, i listened to him some time ago being interviewed on radio, he was talking about how Southampton tried to sign him ( In Rupert's time), but felt and did say respectfully he could move to a bigger club at the time.

When Zlatan left home he told his dad ... Your the man of the house now ...

... did Zlatan slap the midwife's arse after he was born ?

(seems a recycling of a Nigel Pearson thread when he was our manager).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

Sorry Zlatan I might have spoilt the surprise

Given that Koeman is heavily hinting that the discussions next week will be for the club to match his ambitions, it suggests that nothing has been cast in stone. Therefore, Zlatan can't know for certain with respect to the Saints...

Unless we take the line of argument seen in this thread. Southampton doesn't sign Zlatan. Zlatan signs Southampton. [emoji16]

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk