Weekend 7/8 May - Other Games

Batman

we all know we want united, west ham and liverpool to lose.

what is way more interesting today (IMO) is the Boro v Brighton game. the fixture gods put a good one out there.

Think Boro will do it myself

odd one by the football league. Boro are the only team that will be permitted to lift the trophy, if they win the league today.

Brighton and Burnley are also able to win the league but will NOT be given anything today, should they do it.

we all know we want united, west ham and liverpool to lose.

what is way more interesting today (IMO) is the Boro v Brighton game. the fixture gods put a good one out there.

Think Boro will do it myself

odd one by the football league. Boro are the only team that will be permitted to lift the trophy, if they win the league today.

Brighton and Burnley are also able to win the league but will NOT be given anything today, should they do it.

Possibly because the fannies think Brighton lifting it in front of Boro fans will incite violence or some crap.

Are Burnley away? Possibly same reason there.

Possibly because the fannies think Brighton lifting it in front of Boro fans will incite violence or some crap.

Are Burnley away? Possibly same reason there.

They're away to Charlton who were quite happy to let Bournemouth lift the trophy at their ground last season.

Anyway, hope Brighton do it. Would make a better away day than Boro.

There is a trophy that someone can lift for being league winner. 2 of the possible candidates are at the same venue, the third isn't. The third is most likely to get it however. That aside, however, where do you go: where there is a 2/3 chance of it happening or a 1/3?

The bit about not letting Brighton lift it is silly but it would probably mean a presentation in front of 500 fans so might not be a particularly good thing. No real reason not to, however.

Brighton down to 10 men

that looks horrendous

don't think the brigton player meant that as such but hard for the ref not to dish out a red with a challenge like that resulting in that injury, after JUST telling them to calm down

ramirez stretchered off. was their best player too

Edited by Batman

They're away to Charlton who were quite happy to let Bournemouth lift the trophy at their ground last season.

Anyway, hope Brighton do it. Would make a better away day than Boro.

Brighton is a horrible ground to go to ?

Rooney selected as the central striker today. Horrendously slow and generally not offering a goal threat

Hope that is not the case in the cup final and god help England if he is played up top

Hope Brighton or Sheffield Weds win the playoffs. At least one of them will be in the Final. I've been to Hull and Derby countless times and could do without another.

I remember being told we couldn't catch West Ham. Their game in hand is vs Man Utd and final game is away at Stoke.

By me? I said we couldn't catch Man Utd.

In fact I never said we couldn't do anything, only that I didn't think we would catch Man Utd.

I never mentioned West Ham.

I remember being told we couldn't catch West Ham. Their game in hand is vs Man Utd and final game is away at Stoke.

I think Man Utd will finish above us, even at this stage, 5 points is too big a gap for us to overhaul (soon to be 8 points with a win tonight). We are fighting for 6th or 7th with West Ham and Liverpool.

Oops, looks like I was right and you were wrong.

West Ham 0-2 Swansea

!!!!

By me? I said we couldn't catch Man Utd.

In fact I never said we couldn't do anything, only that I didn't think we would catch Man Utd.

I never mentioned West Ham.

Oops, looks like I was right and you were wrong.

Who says he was referring to you???

I wasn't talking about something Pamplemouse had said. I merely used his quote as it said the score in the West Ham vs Swansea game. Other people on this forum had written off our chances of catching West Ham, it is far from over yet.

Cheers Swansea for really trying to give us a shot at Europe, first you beat Pool and now you look like beating Spam.

Looking at the remaining fixtures I see West Ham have to play Man U and Pool have to play Chelsea so if we could somehow snatch 3 points off a grief stricken Spurs 6th might not look so far fetched.

It would be a fitting finale to one of the most topsy turvey seasons I can remember.

Come on Saints!!!!

Cheers Swansea for really trying to give us a shot at Europe, first you beat Pool and now you look like beating Spam.

Looking at the remaining fixtures I see West Ham have to play Man U and Pool have to play Chelsea so if we could somehow snatch 3 points off a grief stricken Spurs 6th might not look so far fetched.

It would be a fitting finale to one of the most topsy turvey seasons I can remember.

Come on Saints!!!!

A few weeks ago I had the spurs game down as a "nothing but pride" game now our players surely have to go out for tomorrows game fired up with a chance to do better than last season and get Europe again.