Weekend 7/8 May - Other Games

Batman

Hate to say it, but after looking at a few permutations I think Liverpool will nick 6th by a point from us, in 7th, leaving West Ham a point behind us in 8th. Then we're resorting to cheering on United in the cup final. Yuck.

Whatever happens, even if we finish 8th it has been a remarkable end to the season.

(I still want Arsenal to steal a win today though, keeps United keen for West Ham game.)

Hate to say it, but after looking at a few permutations I think Liverpool will nick 6th by a point from us, in 7th, leaving West Ham a point behind us in 8th. Then we're resorting to cheering on United in the cup final. Yuck.

Whatever happens, even if we finish 8th it has been a remarkable end to the season.

(I still want Arsenal to steal a win today though, keeps United keen for West Ham game.)

I think we will finish 7th cannot see West Ham winning both there remaining games

We need a Man U side who can still finish top 4 to beat West Ham; Chelsea to beat Liverpool or West Brom to do a job against a pre-Europa final weakened Liverpool and then we need to beat a severely weakened Palace who'll be resting most of their team for the Cup final as they've got nothing to play for in the league.

I wouldn't write 6th place off quite yet tbf...

All we need is a weakened Liverpool to fail to win one of their games right (assuming we beat Palace)?

With that and United needing to win to grab top 4 I'm pretty positive about our chances of 6th.

As if anyone expected Liverpool not to win against a garbage Watford at home?

Eithad Stadium basically empty for their lap of appreciation. Awful support from City fans.

Typical ungracious Big Club fans. Bit like when Man/Arse/Chelsea fans pour out of Wembley immediately these days if they don't win whatever cup it is and don't wait for the presentations.

Pellegrini deserves better for his farewell speech. He's a decent chap and let down by his players not turning up much this season. He must be dismayed at such incivility from the English fans...mind you, it is Manchester!

As if anyone expected Liverpool not to win against a garbage Watford at home?

I watched that game. Watford had every chance to get at least a draw. Lpool were poor but Watford couldn't take their opportunities.

Ho hum. Pretty simple now though.

West Ham don't beat Man Utd

Lpool don't beat Chelsea

Saints beat Palace (depending on how West Ham do we may need to do better than they do at Stoke)

6th place. Thank you very much.

All without the aid of having to cheer on Man Utd or Lpool in their cup finals.

Other scenarios? See what happens come kick off (or end of game) on Sunday. Some boffin will have it all nailed by then.