Other fixtures to watch out for in the mean time

Tuesday

West Ham vs Man Utd

Wednesday

Liverpool vs Chelsea

Sunday

Stoke vs West Ham

West Brom vs Liverpool

Supposing they win their games in hand, we would be 2 behind the Hammers and 1 behind the Scousers. If either of them fail to win, it's basically in our hands.

Defeat for Liverpool against Chelsea would mean we just need a draw if they beat WBA by 2 goals or less.

I might just have to have some bets on Liverpool and West Ham winning midweek. 'Cos I rarely win anything gambling!

If one or both teams loses, it'll be interesting reading RAWK and KUMB next week...

Some palace players will be desperate to impress to try and get in team for Final. So don't think we should take result for granted. When Saints got to the final we won our last game of season didn't we, away to City.

We also went to Arsenal and shipped 6 goals in the first 25 minutes. ;)

Palace have absolutely nothing to play for in the league. Austin will get a chance here I think. We should walk this... so I'll predict a 1-1 draw. I've been a Saints fan for too long.

Here's the probabilities - 56% chance of coming 6th if we beat Palace :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1980[/ATTACH]

58% chance for 6th or better if we beat Palace. :)

MUST. WIN. GAME

i will be staggered if we didnt

Aren't you the same poster who said our maximum points this season will be 50 in the lead up to the Stoke match?

You must be staggered already.

58% chance for 6th or better if we beat Palace. :)

Aren't you the same poster who said our maximum points this season will be 50 in the lead up to the Stoke match?

You must be staggered already.

Yes. I'm a football fan and therefore fickle

Aren't Palace the last team that can do a double over us this year? Really hoping we close the season out with a comfortable home win, and cement a European place for next year.

European place would be great. but to be honest, even if we don't get it I'm just relieved this season has finished with such a bang for once.

nice to beat man city and spurs away in your last three games. that , coupled with virgil signing a new deal (which is probably evidence of a strategic move by the board to keep players and demonstrate fwd thinking, in order to possibly keep Ron for a couple years extension) puts me in a right good mood.

Should be a comfortable home win with the Palace players having half an eye on the Cup Final, but this is Saints and we have been known to cock up a fixture like this.

Don't underestimate Palace. Their league position is because of inconsistency, not ability.

Should be a comfortable home win with the Palace players having half an eye on the Cup Final, but this is Saints and we have been known to cock up a fixture like this.

Didn't you hear Dwight Gayle on MOTD say they have been told they have to impress Pardew in the next 2 games to get a place in the cup final team? This won't be the walk in the park we hoped it would be. However, if we put in the effort and intensity of the last two games, we can still win it.

It won't be easy because Dwight Gayle is going to try hard? I'm sure he's always trying hard, but our defence has coped with far better and most their team is rubbish.

Think it'll be a comfortable win. Unchanged team I would imagine, go and finish the job, hopefully in time to give Austin some time and Pelle quite probably a farewell appearance.

A very arrogant attitude and one which will put us out on our arses.

We need to up our noise as well for this game. Last few games have been ok but really need to get the atmosphere rocking t help things along.

Actually think that the atmosphere in the last game with City was the best of the season after being good against the barcodes and brilliant (eventually) against Liverpool but agree we need to be at our best. Palace are noisy and the last game of the season is usually a bit 'end of term' so the potential is there for a great day.

Plotting our path to 6th place, I make it we need the following:

Tuesday

West Ham vs Man Utd HOME WIN

Wednesday

Liverpool vs Chelsea DRAW/AWAY WIN

Sunday

Man Utd v Bournemouth AWAY WIN

Southampton v Crystal Palace HOME WIN (obviously)

Stoke vs West Ham HOME WIN

West Brom vs Liverpool HOME WIN

Final table:

6th Southampton 63 points(better goal diff)

7th Man Utd 63 points

8th West Ham 62 points

9th Liverpool 59 points

I accept it's unlikely Bournemouth can win at Old Trafford, so ok 6th is looking unlikely.

But we can dream, right? :)

Actually think that the atmosphere in the last game with City was the best of the season after being good against the barcodes and brilliant (eventually) against Liverpool but agree we need to be at our best. Palace are noisy and the last game of the season is usually a bit 'end of term' so the potential is there for a great day.

This reminds me, we have had some cracking last match encounters with Palace. How may times have we needed a win to stay up in the past? And succeeded.

Tuesday

Wednesday

Sunday

Final table:

7th Man Utd 63 points

8th West Ham 62 points

9th Liverpool 59 points

I accept it's unlikely Bournemouth can win at Old Trafford, so ok 6th is looking unlikely.

I think this scenario has us 5th, not 6th, doesn't it?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

It won't be easy because Dwight Gayle is going to try hard? I'm sure he's always trying hard, but our defence has coped with far better and most their team is rubbish.

Think it'll be a comfortable win. Unchanged team I would imagine, go and finish the job, hopefully in time to give Austin some time and Pelle quite probably a farewell appearance.

I thought you had a HCDJFU crush on your boy Dwight?

Palace have taken the full 3100 allocation but still haven't sold out, guess they've got an expensive trip to Wembley the following week and they've already brought loads down once this season in the cup.

http://mobile.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/ticket-details-for-southampton-v-palace-3068198.aspx

They do make a fair bit of noise so should be a good atmosphere. They are bringing down a classic steam train special service so anyone who likes steam locomotives get along to Southampton Central.

Potential comedy entertainment post match, Plymouth v Skates is on sky at 6pm

Tuesday

Wednesday

Sunday

Final table:

7th Man Utd 63 points

8th West Ham 62 points

9th Liverpool 59 points

Can't see Chelsea beating Liverpool but we can hope