The Mid-Week Games Thread

Wiggles31

Beginning with West Ham -v- Man Utd. Hard one to call after West Ham's shambolic result. They still had a lot of attempts against Swansea but defended poorly. Utd are a hard one to predict but have already won at the Boyeln in the FA cup. It's a huge game for them to get 4th over City.

My prediction is a tight 2-1 win to Utd.

Tomorrow night Liverpool -v- Chelsea. Chelsea had been quite good but have had a couple of bad results of late. Liverpool will have one eye on the Europa final but will want to win this game and no doubt play their strongest team. Another hard one to call but I'm going for a 1-1 draw.

Thoughts chaps?

West ham might get the 3 points here, last ever game at the Boleyn ground and were battered in their last game. The fans want something here to cheer them off with. It helps our cause though that Man U would desperately love to go ahead of Man City with a win tonight. Could be a tasty game with a fair few yellows, I'll go for 2-1 West Ham or a 2 all draw.

Liverpool - Chelsea 1 all or 2 all.

Cant make my mind up about tonights game.

If Manyoo lose, we could end up 5th. Though its unlikely they will lose to Bournemouth, but maybe Boruc will have a good game and Manyoo will be distracted by the cup final.

Just can't see it, Bournemouth have been on the beach (excuse the pun) for weeks.

Obviously, West Ham and Liverpool to lose would have Saints' fans almost as euphoric as winning at Tottenham. I did say, almost.

Realistically though, a United win and a Liverpool draw does look a likely outcome.

That would bring an equally euphoric reaction.

West Ham v Utd

Stoke v West Ham

Liverpool v Chelsea

West Brom v Liverpool

We only really need a Liverpool/West Ham slip up in 1 of those 4 matches, and then it's totally in our hands for Sunday. I think the chances of that are quite high. (This is finishing top 7 though, not 6th)

The best single result (other than us beating Palace of course) would be Chelsea to absolutely batter Liverpool. We're 2 points and 2 goals ahead in the table. If their GD took a real hit tomorrow, a draw against Palace would probably be enough, unless 'pool absolutely spank WBA. Unlikely given how sturdy Pulis puts out his teams.

Am going to put a bet on WHUFC and Liverpool to both win... that'll ensure that both MUFC and CFC both win.... :)
This! On at 5-1. even if one of them doesn't come in it should mean we get at least 7th with a win against Palace. Edited by Saint_Ash

Never been so nervous needing Man Utd and Chelsea to get results!

Know just how you feel. Two clubs who I love to see lose but this time, not only is a win for MU just what we need but it also hurts the other money bags club, Man City.

Know just how you feel. Two clubs who I love to see lose but this time, not only is a win for MU just what we need but it also hurts the other money bags club, Man City.

This. I don't even mind United anymore. Would be an amazing end to the season if, in the process of us grabbing sixth place of course, both Chelsea and City miss out on Champions League and Guardiola has to manage in the Europa :lol:

This! On at 5-1. even if one of them doesn't come in it should mean we get at least 7th with a win against Palace.

Sorry for the novice gambler question, but how do you place this bet? Is it only available with certain bookies? I can find accumulators and obviously the individual games, but not sure where to bet on "West Ham AND Liverpool to win"?

And let's not forget Thursday night's massive game - Portsmouth vs Plymouth.

I'm sure Portsmouth are going to get promoted sooner or later, there's only so long the world's biggest club can stay in League Two, but every season that passes that they make a mess of it is brilliant - come on you Pilgrims!

Just in case no one is aware. It happens to be the last game held at Upton par....sorry, the Boleyn Ground today.

Just thought you all should know

It's gone under the radar as much as the fact it was Gerrard's birthday on the cup final that year.

It's gone under the radar as much as the fact it was Gerrard's birthday on the cup final that year.

apparently, west ham will die and be reborn tonight, grown men will be sobbing all round east london. This is up there with west ham winning the world cup

what are YOUR memories of such a famous ground. amazing stuff.

Europa League Final is on the 18th (next Wednesday), no one is going to be taking any chances in the Liverpool squad to get injured.

2-2 WetSpam/Utd - this should be an excellent game.

1-2 Liverpool/Chelsea - this will be a ****ing dull game.

apparently, west ham will die and be reborn tonight, grown men will be sobbing all round east london. This is up there with west ham winning the world cup

I don't remember the Dell getting this much coverage! Nauseating.

I went to Upton Park, for the first time, in September 1966 and I went to Upton Park, for the last time, last December, with countless other visits in between.

I have never, ever, been to the feckin Boleyn Ground!

Wet Spam have never been the same since they moved from Upton Park to the Boleyn Ground :lol:. This metamorphosis seems to have happened in the last 3 or 4 years, I know it was always called the Boleyn, but it never used to be called that in normal parlance.

Sorry for the novice gambler question, but how do you place this bet? Is it only available with certain bookies? I can find accumulators and obviously the individual games, but not sure where to bet on "West Ham AND Liverpool to win"?

There will be a number of ways, I did mine on Bet365, just click on the west ham home win and Liverpool home win and on the betting slip you select multiple. Try it where you found the individual games, the betting slip puts them together as a multiple.

You can easily go into a bookies and write it on a blank slip as well and ask the person behind the counter to price it up.

There will be a number of ways, I did mine on Bet365, just click on the west ham home win and Liverpool home win and on the betting slip you select multiple. Try it where you found the individual games, the betting slip puts them together as a multiple.

You can easily go into a bookies and write it on a blank slip as well and ask the person behind the counter to price it up.

Thanks, I'll look into it!

Never been so nervous needing Man Utd and Chelsea to get results!

Don't worry

If West Ham win tonight though it'll be fine as they'll lose to Stoke and B-mouth will turn over Utd at Old Trafford 2-1, Manchester United will crack under the pressure of trying to get into the top 4 as they see Swansea are 1-0 up v City at HT with the scores at Old Trafford locked at 0-0... Meanwhile Liverpool will stumble to two draws in their last two games having rested many players for the big European final. In the end both Manchester clubs lose on the last day so City stay in 4th, United in 6th and the not so happy Hammers in 7th. Leaving saints finishing a superb 5th after thrashing a weakened Palace 4-0 therefore not having to worry about the FA Cup final or Europa League final result and living happily ever after. :)

The End

Edited by Saint IQ

Don't worry

If West Ham win tonight though it'll be fine as they'll lose to Stoke and B-mouth will turn over Utd at Old Trafford 2-1, Manchester United will crack under the pressure of trying to get into the top 4 as they see Swansea are 1-0 up v City at HT with the scores at Old Trafford locked at 0-0... Meanwhile Liverpool will stumble to two draws in their last two games having rested many players for the big European final. In the end both Manchester clubs lose on the last day so City stay in 4th, United in 6th and the not so happy Hammers in 7th. Leaving saints finishing a superb 5th after thrashing a weakened Palace 4-0 therefore not having to worry about the FA Cup final or Europa League final result and living happily ever after. :)

The End

Highly optimistic

Thanks, I'll look into it!

I went in to Ladbrokes as well and they have accumulator sheets where you can back a team to win and say how many goals. I've gone for west ham and Liverpool to win and there to be at least 2 goals in the games. 9-1. Only 1 nil in both games will be annoying. :lol:

I want West Ham to lose both games this week. We have best chance of 6th place if this happens.

This. Ignore 5th, just because mathematically we can get it, the probability is we won't as United will get something from either game. 6th is what we should be fighting for and definite Europa spot. Ergo we need United to beat West Ham tonight, preferably convincingly. A draw would do too, providing we can out score them if we both win on Sunday.

Liverpool are team I worry about. Yes they have the Europa final to think about but they're in good form and have it in them to beat Chelsea and West Brom leaving them a point clear of us. So we'd finish 7th and hope United win the final. West Ham in 8th, after the decent season they've had, would be funny too. All this is irrelevant if we go all "Saints" and lose to Palace on Sunday!

Back to tonight though. Let's hope the good United turn up and spoil the Boleyn party. Head though says West Ham will be romantic and win, so I'm putting a bit of bunce on it...

Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 was actually in tears this afternoon talking about West Ham. Although to be fair it was more about how poorly they treated Bobby Moore.

Just in case no one is aware. It happens to be the last game held at Upton par....sorry, the Boleyn Ground today.

Just thought you all should know

Should we all light a candle tonight? I really think we should you know.

This state occasion of West Ham leaving Upton Park has been blessed with the delay of the kick-off to 2030 due to the united team bus being blocked in by the fans and loads of trouble outside the ground. United team bus being vandalised as it tries to get to the ground