Ryan Bertrand

Saint Charlie

Simple point: he has had another excellent season. Like many I wasn't over bothered about his signing but has turned out to be a very good acquisition.

Had a great game today but over the season has just been very solid defensively and a useful outlet going forward.

Looks like a player who knows his position very well: good technical ability supplemented with excellent decision making.

Good pen too (if a suprising choice of taker). Hopefully a starter in the Euros.

Turned out to be a fantastic signing, making up for losing Shaw so young.

Should go to the euros, especially as he's shown versatility to cover at centre back too.

Sadly i think he's probably going to miss out. Hodgson will go cautious and pick Baines and Rose has got the media attention this season so he'll likely get the nod.

Top draw player and one I was pleased we signed when we lost shaw, although I didn't think he was as good as he is! Should clearly be Ebglands order choice this summer but probably won't I suspect that will go to rose surely Baines won't even go he's had a nothing season?

Tactically an outstanding player, understands the positions on the pitch and reads the game very well. Should be shoe in for England, shouldn't be a debate.

He's been overshadowed by Rose because of Spurs nearly winning the league (or not lol). Bertrand doesn't really have bad games, and is a far more reliable option, but sadly I doubt many non-Saints fans would see it like that

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Just said on Sky that Koeman was angry Bertrand was taking the penalty and was trying to tell the players to get the regular penalty taker on it...that's a strange one. Not sure i like that.

In hindsight perhaps !

But we were only 2-1 up at the time, so if an untried penalty taker had blazed it over the bar, and Palace sneaked an equaliser in the last minute, would you still think so ?

Pleased to see RK was so keen for the EL qualification.

He's been overshadowed by Rose because of Spurs nearly winning the league (or not lol). Bertrand doesn't really have bad games, and is a far more reliable option, but sadly I doubt many non-Saints fans would see it like that

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I think Rose is better, to be honest. Certainly this season!

Bertrand's not lit up like he did last year, mostly due to tactical changes. But he's always played well and deserves huge credit for adapting to centre back.

I was at the opposite end for the penalty but he's always struck me as a bit of an odd character.

Bertrand pulled off a cross from the touchline yesterday that seemed almost superhuman. He seemed to be completely blocked but pushed the ball aggressively to the touchline and somehow delivered it perfectly for Shane (who nodded wide). Commentator was stunned at the cross. I agree he's been key part of our success.

In hindsight perhaps !

But we were only 2-1 up at the time, so if an untried penalty taker had blazed it over the bar, and Palace sneaked an equaliser in the last minute, would you still think so ?

Pleased to see RK was so keen for the EL qualification.

I agree, I actually meant i don't like that the players were going against Koemans instructions (if that's what happened).