MOTD - Goal of the Season Vote LIVE NOW....

vince

Thing is, Martina's goal came from absolutely nothing. For half a second it looked like he just wellied it and it was headed for the top corner of the stadium and then the magic kicked in and it bent round impossibly for the net. The others are good but most are just long range boomers or some clever footwork in the box. Martina's is a thing of beauty and it left a lot of people saying 'how the f*ck did he do that from there?'

I almost always vote for the Saints entry but, on this occasion, I can hand on heart say it was done because I think it was the best goal not because it was scored by my team. If Roberto Carlos' effort is much lauded then so should this be because the swerve is as immense but, unlike Carlos' goal, the ball was moving when Cuco hit it.

Edited by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

Martina was the hardest to score. Curling a ball with the outside of your boot from distance is just insane. Vardy and Allis goals were also amazing, but a different type of skill. A lesser but still amazing skill.