2016 summer window HCDAJFU

mcbendy

Need a right back. Martini won't take us to next level. Cedric probably more potential to improve but he has a lot of naivety in his defending. Also a long term partner for VVD required. I like Gardos bit probably only back up. Fonte been great for us but age catching up on him a tad. Don't think Koeman will be overly happy with our defending of late although our attacking play has improved on flipside.

Other than that a box to box goal scoring midfielder plus like for like replacements should anyone leave ie mane and wanyama

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Need a centre back to help cover the number of games we'll have next year / when we play three centre backs, who is better than Yoshida (I'd be happy to sell him)with the potential to replace Fonte. Bartra would be the ideal but may need assurances about being a starter. I can't think of anybody in England who fits that bill, so would likely be somebody from abroad.

Other than that I feel we need another right back (ideally to replace Martina but more likely Cedric), a back up gk (Stek would be ideal), and then replacements for whoever leaves. Generally the squad size is ok, it's just a case of upgrading or replacing where required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Cook anyone? Looked good when I've seen him, decent first Prem season, can score goals, and only just turned 25. Would he be enticed into a move down the road? Is he actually good enough? I was thinking as a long term replacement for Fonte/good back-up.

Benteke to replace Pelle

Walcott to replace Manè

Wijnaldum or Tiote to replace Wanyama

Stek to replace Davis

All have Prem experience and would be excellent signings. Add Oxlade Chamberlain to the mix to take the burden off Davis and we have a happy summer camp. Other signings to boost the squad would be great but as many have said already, the youngsters deserve their opportunities and the cups are the perfect time.

Benteke to replace Pelle

Walcott to replace Manè

Stek to replace Davis

All have Prem experience and would be excellent signings. Add Oxlade Chamberlain to the mix to take the burden off Davis and we have a happy summer camp. Other signings to boost the squad would be great but as many have said already, the youngsters deserve their opportunities and the cups are the perfect time.

Are we paying £140k a week now then?

Benteke to replace Pelle

Walcott to replace Manè

Stek to replace Davis

I got slaughtered for suggesting Tiote. :lol:

Glad I'm not the only one who rates him.

He puts in tackles..something that if Wanyama goes we don't have.

(Possibly Romeu).

As for Walcott..he's on like £150K per week ain't he?...

And for that money we could find 2 or 3 Black Box players for that.

I'd love us to sign Bas Dost from Wolfsburg. Obvious Pelle replacement. Fits the profile of a big dynamic #9, right age, 'right' nationality - Koemans obvious preference for Dutchies is particularly relevant this year with no Euros this summer. Has performed in both Eredivise and Bundesliga so the physicality/adaption issue shouldnt be there.

A year ago I'd say we would have no hope of getting him, but the new TV deal is a real game changer, we (and the PL as a whole) are now at a financial level where we can cherry pick players from virtually every team in Europe outside the 6-8 really big teams. Wolfsburg haven't qualified for Europe so we have that as an additional attraction. The Netherlands national team is going through significant overhaul at the moment and assuming Dost wants to lead the line for the new 'generation', he could do a lot worse than being in a PL/EL team managed by one of the greatest and most high profile players his country has ever produced, playing with other 'new gen' Dutch internationals.

He's also only got a year left to run on his contract, so if we move quickly we'd get him for (relative) peanuts.

I'd love us to sign Bas Dost from Wolfsburg. Obvious Pelle replacement. Fits the profile of a big dynamic #9, right age, 'right' nationality - Koemans obvious preference for Dutchies is particularly relevant this year with no Euros this summer. Has performed in both Eredivise and Bundesliga so the physicality/adaption issue shouldnt be there.

A year ago I'd say we would have no hope of getting him, but the new TV deal is a real game changer, we (and the PL as a whole) are now at a financial level where we can cherry pick players from virtually every team in Europe outside the 6-8 really big teams. Wolfsburg haven't qualified for Europe so we have that as an additional attraction. The Netherlands national team is going through significant overhaul at the moment and assuming Dost wants to lead the line for the new 'generation', he could do a lot worse than being in a PL/EL team managed by one of the greatest and most high profile players his country has ever produced, playing with other 'new gen' Dutch internationals.

He's also only got a year left to run on his contract, so if we move quickly we'd get him for (relative) peanuts.

Not sure we can pluck players from Wolfsburg, but if we were going for anyone from there I'd take Draxler, Schurrle, Rodriguez or Gustavo before Dost.

Not sure we can pluck players from Wolfsburg, but if we were going for anyone from there I'd take Draxler, Schurrle, Rodriguez or Gustavo before Dost.

Apples and oranges.

Draxler has 4 years to run on his contract and is a winger.

Rodriguez has 3 and is a left back. Both fantastic players but would cost a premium that probably puts them out of our reach. Left back particularly is a position that we are unlikely to spend a huge amount on as we have Bertrand there.

Luis Gustavo is a great player also, but at 28 is probably not the long-term replacement for Victor we'd be looking for if we wanted to spend the sort of money it would cost to get him.

Schurrle has 4 years to run, and would be unlikely to return to the PL to a smaller club than the one he left. He's also arguably more of a winger than a centre forward.

Dost would be a like for like replacement/upgrade for a 30 year old Pelle. He has the right combination of age, experience, and contractual situation that would make him an achievable and realistic long term target that the others you names aren't.

I think Sisto is on the clubs radar to replace mane , Ox can play central so could take some of the strain from Davis ....personally dont like townsend not a team player .

Romeu is very capable of filling VW shoes , given a run in the team ...also he is better going forward IMHO

I got slaughtered for suggesting Tiote. :lol:

Glad I'm not the only one who rates him.

He puts in tackles..something that if Wanyama goes we don't have.

(Possibly Romeu).

As for Walcott..he's on like £150K per week ain't he?...

And for that money we could find 2 or 3 Black Box players for that.

Tiote is a replica of Wanyama and for all of his disciplinary worries, he was banned less than Wanyama this season.

Walcott has been excluded from the England side and has hardly played this season, maybe he'd be willing to take a pay cut?

Regarding any player suggestions on this thread, it's about Who Could Do A Job For Us, so why not add players that could and should be on our radar - we have the biggest war chest in our history to spend!

Kaveh Solhekol ‏@SkyKaveh

Breaking... West Ham made £31m bid for France international striker Alexandre Lacazette today. Rejected by Lyon #whufc

West Ham making a lot of noise again. We have a whole Summer of this ahead. They are the opposite of us - loud, brash and out in the open with the dosh.

Kaveh Solhekol ‏@SkyKaveh

Breaking... West Ham made £31m bid for France international striker Alexandre Lacazette today. Rejected by Lyon #whufc

I have no idea about that kid but needless to say if that was us I'd feel uneasy not excited. I'm not convinced WHU or us are ready for £31m signings.

Walcott needs to stop being satisfied being in and out the arsenal side, it's no good for him. He can be a terrific player, he's done well but not near his potential. He'd be in and out at City, Utd, maybe even Liverpool.

If he came back here he'd play every week and I bet he'd start to show everyone what he can do. Either to replace Mane or move one of them central or left. Amazing options to have and it'd be fantastic 10 years after he left us in the championship.

Except Mane is twice the player Walcott is..Walcott has no football brain, just pace.. He'd be a squad player here.

Eddie Howe confirms Bournemouth rejected a bid from West Ham for Matt Ritchie and Callum Wilson last night. Unhappy with timing of the bid.

Typical West Ham transfer window tactics. Chuck wild transfer bids around at all sorts of players to give potential targets the impression that you have money and mean business. They did something similar with Lambert a couple of years back, mainly to try and destabilise us in January.

Except Mane is twice the player Walcott is..Walcott has no football brain, just pace.. He'd be a squad player here.

Red: I think you could say that about Sterling. Walcott hasn't been played enough, he has'nt got going at Arsenal since day 1.

Blue: We would not sign Walcott to have him as a Squad player. If we went for Walcott it would be because we had a significant role for him.

Honestly though..

...he'll never be here..the guy is on £150K per week.

We won't pay those sorts of wages.

Unless he takes @ £80K per week pay-cut.

On another note West Hams public approaches for all these players is extremely embarrassing.

Going to be awkward when they can't sign anyone...

The best thing about this club when it comes to transfers is they are normally quiet and not talked about much.

On another note West Hams public approaches for all these players is extremely embarrassing.

Going to be awkward when they can't sign anyone...

The best thing about this club when it comes to transfers is they are normally quiet and not talked about much.

Every striker who gets approached now knows they are 4th/5th choice behind lacazette, Walcott, batshuyhi, Callum Wilson etc...

I think that's a bit of tired cliche - Walcott has enough goals and assists over his career to suggest he has some idea of what he's doing.

What he lacks, in my opinion, is personality. He's wishy washy, risk averse, ducks out of challenges, is happy drifting through games on the periphery, never forcing the issue by trying to take the match by the scruff of the neck. He talks about wanting to play through the middle and be the main man, but is too prone to disappearing acts to ever suit the role.

If he had Shane Long's heart (or Long had his pace and finishing), he'd be a hell of a player. But he hasn't, and his career will remain a bit of a damp (and wildly overpaid) squib.

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk