2016 summer window HCDAJFU

mcbendy

On another note West Hams public approaches for all these players is extremely embarrassing.

Going to be awkward when they can't sign anyone...

The best thing about this club when it comes to transfers is they are normally quiet and not talked about much.

They'll sign players..no problem there.

But they will find themselves in the same boat As Chelsea were in when Abramovich was beating his chest.

They'll end up paying £20M for a £5M player on a contract worth about 4x more than it should be.

Man City, Man utd are in the same boat.

Any of those clubs show an interest and the price just went up.

Hope West Ham go down next season would be so funny if it happened.

Surprised not to see this thread already in full swing!

Is it because there was already a Summer Transfer Target Thread?

...we always seem to get into this situation. Only a matter of time before there's a whole raft of new threads just based on particular targets / CDAJFUs.

Ben Arfa

Bellarabi

Van der Wiel

Ziyech would probably be my priority, 17 goals this season from AM in a crap Twente team has to be considered ??

Lacazette was on my list but West Ham had a £31m bid rejected so I imagine that scuppers any chance of that happening

Edited by pangy

Were we not interested in Solly March before he got injured earlier in the season...

A Brighton supporting mate of mine was raving about him and reckons they have missed him more than anyone during their run in.

Wonder how the lads injury is coming along and whether we are still interested - Right age for us and a wide player with a good left foot.

Were we not interested in Solly March before he got injured earlier in the season...

A Brighton supporting mate of mine was raving about him and reckons they have missed him more than anyone during their run in.

Wonder how the lads injury is coming along and whether we are still interested - Right age for us and a wide player with a good left foot.

I get to the odd Brighton game, Solly is a player to watch on his return. They've a young centre back called Goldson who plays way beyond his years, has all the attributes to make a top defender in time.

Since this is where we do a lot of shopping, here are the top 24 goal makers in the Eredivisie this season.

http://www.voetbalzone.nl/inbeeld.asp?uid=277541#24

So which one's do we want, Convict?

According to my nerdy records, we were 1st linked with him during our 2nd season in the Prem.

Since this is where we do a lot of shopping, here are the top 24 goal makers in the Eredivisie this season.

http://www.voetbalzone.nl/inbeeld.asp?uid=277541#24

Hakim Ziyech is probably the only one in that list who I'd have thought would be any good for us? A midfielder.

I'm pretty sure we're fine in the striking department, unless Jay Rod remains injured and/or Pelle is sold. Hopefully we can keep both.

Would Carrick come here? Loads of experience in europe.

can't we just let him disappear up to the great united graveyard on the tyne that is Sunderland?

If Wanyama goes lets at least try to sign a player that can get about the pitch.

I think that if we lose Wanyama we need to replace him with someone who can at the very least cover a hell of a lot of ground. It's going to be difficult to replicate the physical presence of Vic in the middle, but if we get someone with a lot of pace and energy to play that breaking-up role then we are part way there, as shown by the success of Kante at Leicester (albeit he does obviously possess a lot of technical ability too, but his energy is probably his greatest attribute). So as it is, Carrick would not be of use to us i don't think, despite his obvious qualities.

Carrick & Lampard.

Can't wait, shame its not 2005.

One or the other, not both.

I know it's probably the most disgusting I could possibly suggest.

But I do actually rate both of them.

//f*ck it..I.m gonna get totally smashed now.

But I had to just clarify that. I was on the fence about replying. haha.

So which one's do we want, Convict?

According to my nerdy records, we were 1st linked with him during our 2nd season in the Prem.

Hey if it was up to me we would of also signed Wijnaldum last season so I think I can confirm I am not Les Reed ;-)

Looking at it objectively I think we only need 1 player any others would most likely be amazing deal or replacements for those that have left.

AM addition - Ziyech or a bit of a random one why not try and also get that Ryan Gauld in since he seems of to have stalled in Lisbon.

I think Curtis Nelson of Plymouth Argyle could be a good shout as a reasonably low risk punt from the lower leagues.

Still only 22 and has made nearly 250 first team appearances already for Argyle, and has also been the first team captain for a couple of years already.

Potentially ticks a lot of the boxes (young, English, good leadership skills etc). Have seen him play quite a few times and have generally been impressed. I could see him improving a lot working with Fonte, Van Dijk etc.

One or the other, not both.

I know it's probably the most disgusting I could possibly suggest.

But I do actually rate both of them.

//f*ck it..I.m gonna get totally smashed now.

But I had to just clarify that. I was on the fence about replying. haha.

We can only have so many players in the squad. Wouldn't you prefer we took a punt on the next Lampard rather than a player that is a shadow of him at his best?

We can only have so many players in the squad. Wouldn't you prefer we took a punt on the next Lampard rather than a player that is a shadow of him at his best?

My real reasoning behind it was Lampard would work with the kids and produce similar.

It was just a thought.

didn't go down well. ha!

About a new RB; maybe we could make a bid for a lower prem league team's player. One whose team won't be in Europe next season but who, I think, would absolutely jump at the chance to play in Europe. A certain Nathaniel Clyne?

Heck, we could also bid for his AM team-mate, Adam La Llama, or something like that.... Apparently, he only moves to clubs who finish higher up in the league and to get games in Europe. Nothing about higher wages, no siree!

:) :) :) :) :)

About a new RB; maybe we could make a bid for a lower prem league team's player. One whose team won't be in Europe next season but who, I think, would absolutely jump at the chance to play in Europe. A certain Nathaniel Clyne?

Heck, we could also bid for his AM team-mate, Adam La Llama, or something like that.... Apparently, he only moves to clubs who finish higher up in the league and to get games in Europe. Nothing about higher wages, no siree!

:) :) :) :) :)

HAHAHAHA

Talking about Right Backs, I watched a couple of young, decent, promising (although a little rough around the edges) candidates over the weekend.

Moses Odubajo from Hull and Cyrus Christie from Derby.. Both have pace and good going forward - Christie is of course likely to figure in the Euro's with Ireland. Both have work to do defensively, but who better than our own RonKo to teach them !

Thoughts?

Talking about Right Backs, I watched a couple of young, decent, promising (although a little rough around the edges) candidates over the weekend.

Moses Odubajo from Hull and Cyrus Christie from Derby.. Both have pace and good going forward - Christie is of course likely to figure in the Euro's with Ireland. Both have work to do defensively, but who better than our own RonKo to teach them !

Thoughts?

Cyrus Christie looks like a decent prospect, derby's youngsters seem to know how to play football properly!

Sébastien Haller - Been in fine form and his stats look very very good, still only young

Hakim Ziyech - In a very poor Twente team has been a shining light

Arek Milik - Ajax player, young, good goal scorer

Wouldn't surprise me to get atleast one of those with or links to Holland.

Thoughts?

I want a right back primarily to be able to defend. Saw Christie get absolutely torn to shreds in the utd cup tie. I don't really want a development project right back. We've got cedric who's only 24 if that's the plan anyway.

No, thank you.

It staggers me that some so-called Saints fans know this club and it's transfer policy so badly that they think we might consider such things.

Buying players who are at the end of their careers and on high salaries makes no business sense. Their value depreciates rather than grows. Their physical capabilities tail off. The likelihood of them getting injured increases. It makes no sense. That is why we don't do it! QPR under Redknapp did exactly this and what happened to them ...?

It staggers me that some so-called Saints fans know this club and it's transfer policy so badly that they think we might consider such things.

Buying players who are at the end of their careers and on high salaries makes no business sense. Their value depreciates rather than grows. Their physical capabilities tail off. The likelihood of them getting injured increases. It makes no sense. That is why we don't do it! QPR under Redknapp did exactly this and what happened to them ...?

ZLATAN... ;)

He was really handy at Sunderland a few seasons back.

You might be thinking of Giaccherini instead? The short 5ft 3 bloke who scored a header against us in our first game at SMS in 2013/14 season?

This guy is different. Anyways, regarding Gabbiadini, always sceptical about buying from Serie A. I'll pass.

You might be thinking of Giaccherini instead? The short 5ft 3 bloke who scored a header against us in our first game at SMS in 2013/14 season?

This guy is different. Anyways, regarding Gabbiadini, always sceptical about buying from Serie A. I'll pass.

Marco, pal.

I agree, but it's also worth considering a short term kind of signing like this. How many are excited at the prospect of Zlatan, who's 34? No chance of that happening imo. Before that you had the Ronaldinho rumours and Del Piero before that.

Signing a good young prospect from the dutch league, etc, is all very well, but they take a year or two to settle in. A ready made player, in their 30's, might just make the difference between 6th and 4th. Don't disregard the influence of experience.

Who knows?

I don't think we'll go down that route personally, but it was just a thought.

Theo Janssen and Denis Praet have been heavily linked.

They would be great and realistically around our level - shame it would mean losing Pelle who does give us a good option up front.

If it was Janssen, Praet and someone to replace Wanyama & Stek I would be pretty happy with that.

Our forward Line of Austin, Long, Janssen, JRod, Mane, Tadic, Praet would be ridiculously strong compared to a couple of years ago.