Relegated Teams - Players who would you buy from their Squads?

le_tiss

Hi Gents, which players would you plunder if any? Wages permitting obviously

Mine below :smug:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Teams/PlayerProfiles

Wijnaldum, Townsend, Mitri, Janmaat, Sissoko, Tiote, Colback

http://www.canaries.co.uk/team/

Wisdom, Brady, Hoolahan, Redmond

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/FirstTeam

Gralish, Gil, Ayew, Clark

Good grief, you're aiming low. Hoolahan turns 34 this week, Redmond doesn't even start for Norwich half the time. Carles Gil... :|

Now this dude really is on a f*ng wind up.

If anyone wants to know what a windup looks like THIS IS IT.

Colback?....

Clarke?..As in Kieron Clarke??...Have you seen that show of sh*t this season?..he's worse than Micah Richards.

Grealish?..most ovverated pile of dung..actually I can't even think.

You're on a windup proper.

Haha

P.s I'll give you Tiote though.

Edit: hope this isn't THE Le tiss..if so..apologies sir. :lol:

Why do people want Townsend? To say he's even one-dimensional is a stretch.

Redmond has promise. And that Darlow chap has done well in the last new games for Newcastle, might make a decent back-up for Forster.

Otherwise, no thanks.

Townsend, Janmaat and Wijnaldum for me.

Possibly Ayew who has shown a bit despite Villa being dreadful

I know Wijnaldum has been up and down, but he still managed 11 goals in a relegated team - think he'd be great in a midfield that had Wanyama sitting behind him (big if that we keep Vic of course).

Why do people want Townsend? To say he's even one-dimensional is a stretch.

Redmond has promise. And that Darlow chap has done well in the last new games for Newcastle, might make a decent back-up for Forster.

Otherwise, no thanks.

He scores goals from Midfield quite freely.

Needed. Not sure if I'd take him though.

Now this dude really is on a f*ng wind up.

If anyone wants to know what a windup looks like THIS IS IT.

Colback?....

Clarke?..As in Kieron Clarke??...Have you seen that show of sh*t this season?..he's worse than Micah Richards.

Grealish?..most ovverated pile of dung..actually I can't even think.

You're on a windup proper.

Haha

P.s I'll give you Tiote though.

Edit: hope this isn't THE Le tiss..if so..apologies sir. :lol:

Not the real Le Tiss (wishes :-D )

not a wind up honestly

Europa League - bulking out squad - Obviously not all of the above players in one go - but a player who is awful in one team may not be awful in another - all about the confidence, motivation and management IMO

He scores goals from Midfield quite freely.

Needed. Not sure if I'd take him though.

'Quite freely' is a bit of a stretch though, surely? He'll have a blaze at every opportunity, but mostly they go in the stands. An impact sub at best, but even then someone who could do more than cut inside and smash would be better. IMO at least.

Of course, I'll be his biggest fan when he wins England the Euros.

Oh, and Grealish :lol:

Played 16 games this season. Lost them all.

Not surprising playing for Villa.

I think that Grealish has potential but the early praise that he was getting seemed to go to his head. He would need a manager like Fergie to kick his arse and put him in his place.

Sissoko if you could get him to become a team man. He seems to only want to play when it suits. He played to his potential against Spurs, but I suspect that was only to gain attention to get a move.

Wijnaldum for his goals but again needs work on his defending

The rest are in relegated teams as they aint that good.

They got relegated for a reason. We should be aiming to sign players of a much higher quality.

when we got relegated we had a player who was bought by the european champions.

I wonder how we would get on with 3/4 of a season of Steve McLaren.....some of our players would look very bad I reckon

They got relegated for a reason. We should be aiming to sign players of a much higher quality.

Yes, but that reason wasn't that all the players were sh*t. Look at Newcastle, there are lots of problems at that club but if Benitez had come in earlier they may well of stayed up. There are some good players there that are not playing to their full potential.

Townsend, Sissoko.

Both of those are worth signing irrespective of whether Mane/Wanyama leaves.

That's it really. I know we were linked with Gueye before but I haven't seen enough of him to have a view on that.

No one from Norwich and no one else from Villa. I think Ayew is a decent player but he's not better than Tadic or Mane, or Townsend.

Townsend would be a great option off the bench, he's got pace and to be fair a hell of a shot on him.

If Mane goes I would definitely go for him, not as a replacement but as an extra option.

We have already had one A Townsend on the books he was Sh!te as is the one dimensional I can run forward but not then pass the ball or shoot A Townsend that is currently employed by (not playing for) Newcastle

We should not touch him with a Poohy stick.

Hi Gents, which players would you plunder if any? Wages permitting obviously

Mine below :smug:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Teams/PlayerProfiles

Wijnaldum, Townsend, Mitri, Janmaat, Sissoko, Tiote, Colback

http://www.canaries.co.uk/team/

Wisdom, Brady, Hoolahan, Redmond

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/FirstTeam

Gralish, Gil, Ayew, Clark

The vast majority of those players highlight that you significantly underestimate the quality level required to be good enough for Southampton's squad.

Every year we get similar threads about Saints going for player from relegated teams. Yes, they may have the occasional good player but I don't really see how most of the players you listed improve on a Saints squad that just finished at least 6th (possibly 5th dependant on how Man Utd do tonight).

Townsend, Janmaat and Wijnaldum for me.

Possibly Ayew who has shown a bit despite Villa being dreadful

I know Wijnaldum has been up and down, but he still managed 11 goals in a relegated team - think he'd be great in a midfield that had Wanyama sitting behind him (big if that we keep Vic of course).

I think Wijnaldum is the only one I'd look at. That many goals from midfield, in a very ****e team, is impressive. Goals from central midfield haven't exactly been prolific last couple of seasons (Steven Davis mini end of season goalfest aside) so defiantly something we can improve on.

Why do people get so obsessed with bulking out the squad? It's never helped any club. You end up with lots of unhappy players and dross on the bench.

We have a big squad, it just needs first team improvement in a couple of places. We have Cedric, Yoshida, Gardos, Targett, Romeu, JWP, Reed, Rodriguez, Austin and Pelle all not in the starting 11 recently.

totally understand - not obsessed but think we could pick up a few decent players who will help over a longer campaign - personally thought we were lucky with injuries last season and also we didn't play many extra games in Europe ;-)

Personally - Yoshida would be let go IMO but I like all the others - feel for Reed as he hasn't had a chance / run in the team, don't know how Rod will be when he actually makes it back - thought Pelle was off?

I've never rated Colback in footballing terms.

I think he's cr*p.

But above all.

I REALLY don't like a player who comes out with this sort of thing, regardless what club it is, saints or not.

He said this about the Club that gave him the opportunity and the club he grew up with.

He strikes me as a bit of tw*t.

CiQGFgWWEAASZnm.jpg

Wijnaldum is definitely the one i like the look of. We definitely need to add a midfielder with more goals in him.

Quite like Brady as a player too but not sure we really need him.

Equally think we could do with a right side attacking player. Redmond and Townsend have some potential but both have their downsides.

I think he's cr*p.

But above all.

I REALLY don't like a player who comes out with this sort of thing, regardless what club it is, saints or not.

He said this about the Club that gave him the opportunity and the club he grew up with.

CiQGFgWWEAASZnm.jpg

He should go to Liverpool. Him and lallana can become mates and spend the weekend ****ting on the little people and the teams that made them.

Sissoko's a decent player and at only 26, still relatively young.

He's in France's senior squad for the Euros and has 35 caps. You don't get that without having something about you.

Put it this way - he'd give us an option to stick in the number 10 position if we want to go for a crude-wrecking-ball-of-energy option rather than the tippy-tappy neat passing option. He'd certainly strengthen our squad and give us an option we don't have at the moment.

A larger point I'd make is that we should be guarded against the idea that players from the bottom 3 are never ever ever going to be good enough to make some kind of useful addition to our squad because we've finished 6th. Its only one example but look at Liverpool buying Crouch from us in 2005, he was never intended or expected to set the world alight but nonetheless was a savvy little purchase that gave them an extra attacking option off the bench.

If we're going to try and make a better fist of competing in Europe and have to juggle a far busier fixture list than we have in these past couple of seasons, then those are the sorts of purchases we should look to make. Sure, we'll probably pull a Juanmi now and again, but for every Juanmi there's usually a Romeu, who despite being predominantly a bench player and only costing £5Mn, has probably made a tangible contribution to our overall points total and league positioning.

Now don't get me wrong, there's no-one from either Villa or Norwich that I think is good enough to take a look at and I think Sissoko and Wijnaldum are the only two from Newcastle that we could maybe cast a glance over (maybe not even the latter), but we shouldn't dismiss players purely because the teams they've played for have been relegated.

A larger point I'd make is that we should be guarded against the idea that players from the bottom 3 are never ever ever going to be good enough to make some kind of useful addition to our squad because we've finished 6th. Its only one example but look at Liverpool buying Crouch from us in 2005, he was never intended or expected to set the world alight but nonetheless was a savvy little purchase that gave them an extra attacking option off the bench.

Furthermore, Austin. Granted he hasn't achieved all that much yet, but lots of us (I include myself) were bowled over by his transfer in January (price may have added to the wow/shock factor, but many on here were calling for him to sign last summer too).

I think he's cr*p.

But above all.

CiQGFgWWEAASZnm.jpg

Fun tw*t fact: Colbeck never actually said this - it was merely the offerings of a Twitter scamp, who worked out that slapping any old quote onto a picture of a random person very quickly spreads an "authenticated fact" among gullible internet tw*ts who'll believe literally anything if it's retweeted enough.

I'd consider signing Lascelles, Townsend or Wijnaldum from Newcastle, as Saints' squad could do with a decent young centre back to challenge and eventually take over from Fonte, a genuine winger and a goalscoring midfielder.

Wouldn't touch any of their other players with a bargepole though.

At Villa, Jack Grealish is a talented youngster who needs a bit of guidance. Not sure what happened to Adama Traore - he looked a heck of a prospect at Barcelona, but disappeared after the first couple of weeks of this season, never to be seen again.

Norwich were always a Championship side with Championship players.

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk