Relegated Teams - Players who would you buy from their Squads?

le_tiss

Sigurdsson will go to a team bigger than us, as great as he would be here. Pickford will also be in demand, though his choices may be more limited if he wants to be a guaranteed starter every week. Depends on what our plans are for Fraser. I don't think there's anyone I'd take from Middlesbrough apart from Valdez, but again that depends on Fraser.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Sigurdsson will go to a team bigger than us, as great as he would be here. Pickford will also be in demand, though his choices may be more limited if he wants to be a guaranteed starter every week. Depends on what our plans are for Fraser. I don't think there's anyone I'd take from Middlesbrough apart from Valdez, but again that depends on Fraser.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Would also take Ben Gibson from Boro but imagine he'll have bigger clubs after him.

Lots of people suggesting Pickford. I am still not totally convinced by him. He makes some good looking saves but does tend to parry quite a few back in to the danger area. And many a keeper has looked good when playing for the worst team in the league - lots of shots against them.

Sigurdsson would obviously be great, but out of our reach I'd have thought. I like the look of Maguire.

Sunderland - Pickford. Last time we took the goalkeeper off a relegated Sunderland team, it looks madness....but he turned out to be quality. Happily do that again.

Middlesborough - Traore.

Swansea - a lot of them eg Cork, Siggo, Ki, Mawson, Llorente, Montero. On paper, they are too good to go down but I can't see them turning it around now.

Lots of people suggesting Pickford. I am still not totally convinced by him. He makes some good looking saves but does tend to parry quite a few back in to the danger area. And many a keeper has looked good when playing for the worst team in the league - lots of shots against them.

Sigurdsson would obviously be great, but out of our reach I'd have thought. I like the look of Maguire.

Its the same every year with relegated clubs - keeper looks good as they have loads of shots to save.

Remember when we just had to sign David Marshall as he was top class when Cardiff were relaged - think he conceded like 70+ league gaols but he did make some impressive one off saves.

was Júlio César a few years ago too when QPR went down

Its the same every year with relegated clubs - keeper looks good as they have loads of shots to save.

Remember when we just had to sign David Marshall as he was top class when Cardiff were relaged - think he conceded like 70+ league gaols but he did make some impressive one off saves.

was Júlio César a few years ago too when QPR went down

Think he had a decent reputation already to be fair! But otherwise yes I agree, i'm always suspect when a keeper down the bottom end is being lauded. Heaton and Pickford are this season's choices.

Have wanted us to sign Sigurdsson for years now, I wouldn't be so sure that he'd want to go to a 'big' club having already been burned once.

Seriously? No way I'd have him back, he's not good enough.

Exactly. Wasn't good enough then, isn't good enough now.

I'd have sigurdsson, traore, Pickford (as back up which I doubt he'd come for) and Defo.

Lorente a good player, but wouldn't suit our style IMO. Would swap him for Austin given the chance however.

Yeah don't get the fuss about Traore.

Spoke to Boro fans before our game and mentioned I thought he their star. They laughed and said all he is is lightning fast and cannot use ball. Think he had an impressive TV game so many think he is a star but often not even in the team heading for relegation.

Sigurdsson would be brilliant but too highly rated now for us to have a look in,. Same for McGuire maybe

• 4 weeks later...
If Bertrand went then perhaps Grosiki who has looked good for hull

Why do you want to replace a left back with an attacking midfielder? Would have thought Hull's Andy Robinson would be the more like for like choice.

Why do you want to replace a left back with an attacking midfielder? Would have thought Hull's Andy Robinson would be the more like for like choice.

Sorry thought he was there left back as im sure he played there for Poland

I prefer his teammate Robertson ;)

Kieran Tierney was my pick, but the big boys are now looking.

I'd have Defoe. Still better than most of our front line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His goal yesterday was his first in over 1000 minutes, he's 35 next season and on £80k a week now so god knows what he'd want. No thank you.

He's a West Ham signing if there ever was one.

Exactly.

Myself I would look at Pickford + N'Dong from Sunderland; Gibson from Boro; Maguire and Robertson from Hull/ Sigurdsson from Swansea. Rest of them don't really think are good enough or could find better for cheaper elsewhere.

Exactly.

Myself I would look at Pickford + N'Dong from Sunderland; Gibson from Boro; Maguire and Robertson from Hull/ Sigurdsson from Swansea. Rest of them don't really think are good enough or could find better for cheaper elsewhere.

Wouldn't surprise me if Liverpool go for Sigurdsson.

Exactly.

I really don't think we will get any of these players, the likes of Spurs and Liverpool will offer them far more money than we will.

Also I really don't get the desperation to offload FF and replace him with Pickford. It's easy (relatively) to look good pulling off the Hollywood saves behind a sh*t defence, like theirs. Much harder to command your area and orchestrate an organised defence. Just look at Kelvin. I'm not saying Pickford has the same flaws but Sunderland haven't exactly been air tight at the back.

I really don't think we will get any of these players, the likes of Spurs and Liverpool will offer them far more money than we will.

Also I really don't get the desperation to offload FF and replace him with Pickford. It's easy (relatively) to look good pulling off the Hollywood saves behind a sh*t defence, like theirs. Much harder to command your area and orchestrate an organised defence. Just look at Kelvin. I'm not saying Pickford has the same flaws but Sunderland haven't exactly been air tight at the back.

Kelvin wasn't very good, sorry. Decent shot stopper occasionally but commanding box...really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon that Gallagher lad at Blackburn might be worth a look

:D

Or that Ramirez bloke at Boro. Might be that a change of club could help him settle down and regularly display the quality he shows in flashes.

Yeah don't get the fuss about Traore.

He may be a great footballer one day, the question is what to do with him between now and then. At the moment he's at the same level as Frankie Bennet, the footballing waiter.

Exactly.

Good shout on N'Dong. A bit like Guye who was relegated at Villa in a poor team but has been excellent at Everton. I think with us now playing 4231 again we need another real holder alongside Oriel and let Davis play further up

Good shout on N'Dong. A bit like Guye who was relegated at Villa in a poor team but has been excellent at Everton. I think with us now playing 4231 again we need another real holder alongside Oriel and let Davis play further up

What's he been like this season? I've seen him look both good & woeful in different games.

At least Gueye's stats stood out.

What's he been like this season? I've seen him look both good & woeful in different games.

At least Gueye's stats stood out.

He's an interesting one. Young player, thrown into the pit with Sunderland...but hasn't exactly come out of it too badly....another season down in the NPC may do him well.

He's an interesting one. Young player, thrown into the pit with Sunderland...but hasn't exactly come out of it too badly....another season down in the NPC may do him well.

We were linked last summer too, I believe.