Rivals/Other Prem clubs transfer thread

SaintBitterne

Aye, point taken.

Klopp has said that he would give up football if £100m became standard. It seems that £10-15m is pretty average. £30m is standard for a good player and anything above that for a good player. It is madness in my eyes at least. Higher fees, higher wages, higher (or the same) season ticket prices, higher satellite packages. Footballers win, supporters lose.

All the more reason for Saints to expand the opportunities for their younger players. So far this year, we've signed teenaged French (Valery) and Austrian (Klarer) defenders, who have already been capped at junior levels for their countries, and a 20 year old Dane (Hojbjerg) who already has 17 senior caps.

If these lads can develop into good Prem. prospects, Saints will (hopefully) avoid the multi-million transfer traps that the "big money" clubs have created themselves.

HULL REJECT WEST HAM'S ROBERTSON BID

West Ham have had a £7m bid turned down by Hull City for Scotland international left-back Andrew Robertson, according to Sky sources.

He is highly rated and worth a look ourselves. One decent season in the prem and he will be worth a damn sight more than that.

Mane deal looks a bargin now and we really should of held out for more or tell the player he is staying, Everton will be getting stupid money for Koeman to spend if Stones goes for 50 and Lukaku for 65-70.

However I see they are really ambitious and signed loads of good players this summer already.

I really hope Long Jay Rod and Austin can stay fit because if we need a striker the current market seems ridiculous for a top striker.

He is highly rated and worth a look ourselves. One decent season in the prem and he will be worth a damn sight more than that.

I'm surprised nobody snapped him up when Hull hot relegated. It probably did him the world of good to spend a season in the championship.

The transfer window this summer shows up the failings of Chelsea and Utd more than anything.

Both of those clubs had the players on their books, 18 months - 2 years ago. Now they're paying insane money to get them back.

Just the mentality of wanting it all now, haven't got time to develop the player etc etc. If they were as clever as Bayern, Real or Barca...they'd insert buy back conditions on the players they let go, so they wouldn't have to negotiate these stupid fees.

It's incredible how wasteful they are. Blows my mind the money they throw around and waste. Saw this on another forum.

Lloris £16m

Walker £5m

Alderweireld £11.5m

Vertonghen £9.5m

Rose £1m

Dier £4m

Dembele £15m

Eriksen £11.5m

Alli £5m

Lamela £26m

Kane £0 academy

Spurs starting XI total £104.5m

Paul Pogba £100m :scared:

@SportsPeteO: Saido Berahino ready to see out contract and leave for free next year after turning bids from Stoke and Palace. #wba https://t.co/RuaqUP0QyJ

Would be a very in demand free agent next summer!

We'll buy him for £4m in January and then everyone will forget that when we sell Xx player for £35m in the summer.

It's incredible how wasteful they are. Blows my mind the money they throw around and waste. Saw this on another forum.

Lloris £16m

Walker £5m

Alderweireld £11.5m

Vertonghen £9.5m

Rose £1m

Dier £4m

Dembele £15m

Eriksen £11.5m

Alli £5m

Lamela £26m

Kane £0 academy

Spurs starting XI total £104.5m

Paul Pogba £100m :scared:

Aye, although that Spurs team has achieved **** all. Man U need to win trophies or it's a failure. I'm not saying the Pogba deal is a good one, but there's no point comparing Man U, one of the world's largest sports clubs, to a humdrum third place Spurs side.

What I find interesting is the change in attitude. When the likes of Leeds and Blackburn won the league, there were accusations by some that they had bought it. Chelsea under Abramovich also were looked at with disdain for buying the title. Now, no one bats an eye lid about dropping hundreds of millions. I find it very hard to reconcile such sums and it will be the factor that pushes me away from what masquerades as a sport.

The sums may seem ridiculous compared to what we earn in our everyday lives but it is a professional, not an amateur or even semi-professional sport, and anything which draws worldwide TV audiences, whether it's F1 Grand Prix racing, boxing, tennis or Hollywood movies, generates massive sums of money in commercial revenue. When I started watching football, I never dreamed the day would come when a footballer would cost 1 million, let alone 100 million but that's inflation for you. There are plenty of small amateur teams that would welcome your support if you want to watch players who don't earn lots of money. The owners of professional football clubs, like those of race horses, F1 Grand Prix teams etc are, and always have been, very rich people, who get into it for the fame and the glory it brings them and to compete against other wealthy owners, or in the case of old school owners like Jack Walker to plough some of their wealth back into the local community.

What we all need is a West Ham striker update as we don't get enough of them....

WEST HAM 'CLOSE' ON STRIKER(S)

What's the latest West Ham transfer news? Joint-chairman David Sullivan has given a handy update on the official website and suggests two strikers could be arriving soon.

"We are very close to bringing in a very promising striker who has scored goals regularly in his career in competitive leagues," he says.

"He will need time to settle, like every new player, but we are confident he will add a lot to the squad.

"We are also talking to another Premier League club about a top-class international forward, but the discussions over financial terms still have some way to go.

"With Aaron (Cresswell) unfortunately out for a few weeks, we have lodged bids in for a left-back, one of which was an £8m bid which was turned down on Thursday. We will now decide whether or not we increase that bid."

What we all need is a West Ham striker update as we don't often get enough of them....

WEST HAM 'CLOSE' ON STRIKER(S)

What's the latest West Ham transfer news? Joint-chairman David Sullivan has given a handy update on the official website and suggests two strikers could be arriving soon.

"We are very close to bringing in a very promising striker who has scored goals regularly in his career in competitive leagues," he says.

"He will need time to settle, like every new player, but we are confident he will add a lot to the squad.

"We are also talking to another Premier League club about a top-class international forward, but the discussions over financial terms still have some way to go.

"With Aaron (Cresswell) unfortunately out for a few weeks, we have lodged bids in for a left-back, one of which was an £8m bid which was turned down on Thursday. We will now decide whether or not we increase that bid."

It's Jonathan Calleri - only a loan though.

Everton paying £10m for Ashley Williams who turns 32 in a couple of weeks' time.
great signing, I'm surprised that he was never plucked from Swansea sooner. He gives his all and will make a big difference to them. Shrewd signing, and 10m doesn't matter to a fan as long as the team improves.

odd deal by Koeman. Everton already have a thirty something international centre back in jags. Bringing in a 2nd just seems complete short termism. Guess it shows how badly Everton are struggling at getting in players that they had a resort to that move.

I feel like this is the reality. He's on a massive contract and they're expecting results. A bad couple years and he falls completely out of the race for the big jobs.

Apparently the Williams reports are rubbish. Less than 2 weeks till kickoff and all they've done is swapped Stekelenburg for Howard. This Stones/Lukaku situation is a nightmare for them, potentially not knowing if they have £100m coming in or not, leaving their business till after the season starts.

WEST HAM BID FOR AYEW

West Ham have made a £20m bid for Swansea forward Andre Ayew, according to Sky sources.

Sky sources understand Swansea have not made a decision on the offer and are keen to secure attacking reinforcements before allowing the 26-year-old to leave.

Ayew attracted interest from West Ham last summer, but joined the Swans on a free transfer and went on to score 12 goals during his debut season in the Premier League.

10m for a couple of seasons isn't so bad. Everyone wants to think they'll sign a youngster who'll play for them for yeses and years but I don't see a problem with adding experience and getting a couple of good seasons, so long as that's not the strategy with all signings. Williams is a good defender and been more consistent than many big money buys. Better defender than stones last season too. As was fonte, think either would slot into most defences and do a good job. Guess that's what koeman is missing and wants a steady influence on their defence with jagielkas form dipping. Williams and funis mori wouldn't be so bad. Shame they don't have a goalkeeper!

back in the eighties we would play kids but have really experienced pros alongside them and it was arguably our most successful period. Ball, Case and Worthington immediately spring to mind..I think if he went to Everton it would be a good signing for them. Swansea is another team that you start to think "what the hell is their strategy at the moment?"

STONES’ REPLACEMENT?

So, with John Stones seemingly on his way out, Everton will be looking for replacements.

Could Dutch defender Bruno Martins Indi be one? Sky sources understand there is interest from Everton in the Porto defender.

He would cost in the region of £12.5m.

Indi himself would welcome the opportunity to move to the Premier League and work under his fellow countryman Ronald Koeman.

MOYES INTEREST IN UTD DUO

New Sunderland boss David Moyes has been speaking to the press for the first time and has revealed he is interested in a couple of players from his former club, Manchester United.

They are...Marouane Fellaini and Adnan Januzaj.

SPURS EYE SILVA

Tottenham are considering a move for Portugal international Rafa Silva, according to the London Evening Standard.

The report suggests Spurs watched the Sporting Braga star last season and are considering whether to make a bid in the final month of the summer window.

Diame leaving Hull for Newcastle - don't want to sell but a release clause. Has a team ever looked so doomed for relegation than Hull? No manager, injury crisis and not signing anyone of note and now seemingly losing players

Diame leaving Hull for Newcastle - don't want to sell but a release clause. Has a team ever looked so doomed for relegation than Hull? No manager, injury crisis and not signing anyone of note and now seemingly losing players

8 for senior players and about to appoint Zola #ambition

DIAME TO HAVE TOON MEDICAL

Sky sources: Mohamed Diame will have a medical at Newcastle on Tuesday ahead of a potential move from Hull City

A fee between the two clubs had been agreed after Newcastle activated a release clause of £4.5m.

Not many Everton fans on here now...it did seem very bizarre when they invaded the forum to come and gloat. It rather sums up the ignorance of football fans and the way saints are perceived by them, including some of our own. You can take our players, our manager etc but you're doing it without a long term and sustainable plan. Punching to early etc. I like the fact that while everyone is worrying the club are working away quietly in the background, absolutely nailing every part of the plan.

So what's left to come in this summers plan in terms of positions??!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BERAHINO DECISION EXPECTED

A decision on Saido Berahino’s future at West Brom is expected in the next 24 hours, according to Sky sources, with both Stoke and Crystal Palace keen on the former England U21 striker.

Sky Sports News HQ understands Stoke’s bid to be worth £17m, rising to £20m, while Palace’s is thought to be a straight cash offer of £20m.

The Baggies are expected to provide confirmation on Berahino’s situation as soon as Diafro Sakho’s transfer from West Ham is complete.

Furthermore, it is understood Berahino, who currently lives in Staffordshire, is keen on a move to the Bet365 stadium.

Everton ‏@Everton

CONFIRMED: Everton sign Idrissa Gueye from @AVFCOfficial on a four-year deal. #WelcomeIdrissa

Co3SeNMXYAARia7.jpg

Koeman: “Idrissa will provide quality in our squad in the midfield and we want to increase the quality in the team. He was one of the players last season with the best record in interceptions and pressing in the midfield. We need this kind of quality and I’m happy to have him joining our Club.”