Watch buying

thesaint sfc

My watch collection has changed somewhat now. Unfortunately when I sent my Navitimer in for a service I was informed it was stolen in a burglary in 2016, so I've lost that but... I now have a nice Breitling Superocean Herritage II and a beautiful transocean 1915 limited edition. I did have a superocean 44 but my mate came to stay one weekend and pestered me until I sold it to him lol. I have another on the way from a new brand called K Grune & Sohne which I should get next month as it's still in the final stages of production, so looking forward to that!
Sorry to hear about the Navitimer, I think you bought it on line if I recall correctly? The pitfalls of the internet.

Sorry to hear about the Navitimer, I think you bought it on line if I recall correctly? The pitfalls of the internet.

I did indeed and I owned it for just over two years before I sent it for a service.

Shame but that's the risks I suppose. Won't buy online again. I still have a couple of beautiful Breitling and i'll end up with another Navi at some point.

I had a client who was wearing an original Man on the Moon version he had bought in the early 1970's, lovely watch with NATO strap. The old duffer wouldn't sell it to me,!! Lol. I have one that is about 10 years old, but it would have been nice to have got one. The ironic thing about servicing is that many of the most collectable and now valuable watches are worth more if they were not serviced. !!!The reason being that when shall we say a submariner was sent back to be serviced Rolex updated the dials etc to the latest style. Therefore they lost their originality and so collectors want the ones that never went back and so have original dials etc.

I was offered a Rolex day date last week as her husband had passed away a little while ago, sadly she sent it to be serviced before selling it and has had a bill for £1500. She would have got the same money for it if she hadn't. Anyway the servicing cost has made it not viable to buy.

I wish I could work out how to put up images from here but it seems either my computer or the site wont let me!!

Yep. Rolex are a nightmare for that as they won't let you keep the original parts, so your nice aged GMT master comes back with a brand new dial that was for a later model. Ruins the value.