Record season ticket sales

Nordic Saint

According to the official site, season ticket sales are up by a thousand on this time last year, with more than 90% already renewing. But, the really big increase is going to come next week when new season tickets go on sale. I predict they will sell out very quickly so should the club raise the limit of the number they sell? This would probably ensure every home game next season is sold out but it would limit the number of new fans who could come to individual games. Pity we don't have a capacity of around 40,000 which would be just about right at this stage of the club's growth.

New season tickets could buy last week. After a year away I bought new again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, existing season ticket holders could change their seats, but brand new buyers couldn't buy season tickets. On Monday, they will go on sale for the first time to members. After that, they will go on sale to non-members.

No, existing season ticket holders could change their seats, but brand new buyers couldn't buy season tickets. On Monday, they will go on sale for the first time to members. After that, they will go on sale to non-members.

Wrong I am afraid. My brother bought a season ticket for the first time on the first day renewals were started. I just emailed the club to confirm the seat he wanted was not held by a season ticket holder (we knew it was not) and they told us to come down to sign up which we did. Non seaon holder tickets seats were on sale from day 1.

Well, I bought my season ticket last month. I was not renewing, I was buying back in again, Sorry Nordic, but you are a little behind the curve.

He's probably going by this sentence on the OS:

"Season Tickets are currently off sale after the renewal deadline passed on Monday, but they will be available to Official Members again from Monday 23rd May, before general sale starts on Wednesday 25th May."

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20160520-season-ticket-update-southampton-2016-17-3119757.aspx

I quick glance at that could be understandably lead someone to believe that the first time season tickets go on 'general sale' is next week.

I thought there was a period when season ticket holders could change their seat before they went on general sale. Have I missed that? No big deal just wanted to shift along one seat to the end of the row (as I know the fella there is not renewing). I did not get an option to change seat when I renewed.

I thought there was a period when season ticket holders could change their seat before they went on general sale. Have I missed that? No big deal just wanted to shift along one seat to the end of the row (as I know the fella there is not renewing). I did not get an option to change seat when I renewed.

There is an online form on tickets section on OS. You put in details where you are sat and want to move they call you it costs £10. You can move from 25th

Edited by Give it to Ron

There is an online form on tickets section on OS. You put in details where you are sat and want to move they call you it costs £10. You can move from 25th

Ron, thanks, can you give me a link to the form, as I have (seemingly) looked everywhere but cannot see it (I found reference to it in FAQs but there was no obvious link)

Cheers

He's probably going by this sentence on the OS:

"Season Tickets are currently off sale after the renewal deadline passed on Monday, but they will be available to Official Members again from Monday 23rd May, before general sale starts on Wednesday 25th May."

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20160520-season-ticket-update-southampton-2016-17-3119757.aspx

I quick glance at that could be understandably lead someone to believe that the first time season tickets go on 'general sale' is next week.

Thanks. Yes, I was. My apologies to Ron and Colin.

You would have thought that existing season ticket holders who have requested a move would be able to select new seats before new sales were opened?

It's been removed at moment back Monday

Cheers, eventually found a link and as you say it has been removed. AS i said not a big deal, just want to move along one seat, but it would have been nice to have seen something a bit more clear that this was possible. Have to take my chance now.

I suppose that the club wouldn't know completely which seats were available until they hadn't been renewed.

Renewal deadline last Monday. Yet it's been confirmed new sales have been taken too. Renewals with a request to move should be complete before open sale, surely, esp given price changes for next season?

According to the official site, season ticket sales are up by a thousand on this time last year, with more than 90% already renewing. But, the really big increase is going to come next week when new season tickets go on sale. I predict they will sell out very quickly so should the club raise the limit of the number they sell? This would probably ensure every home game next season is sold out but it would limit the number of new fans who could come to individual games. Pity we don't have a capacity of around 40,000 which would be just about right at this stage of the club's growth.

I stopped having a Season Ticket two years ago because I could only get to around 10 matches a year, but have had no problems getting seats as a Member, so far. I am concerned that tickets may become more difficult to buy if ST membership grows too much. Definitely time to increase stadium seating capacity.

Edited by eelpie
sp

Great news, hopefully an expansion next summer. Always maintained that if tickets were reduced I think we could easily fill 40k per week maybe even 45k for some games. Now it looks like we could get 35k minimum at these prices. Obviously good form helps and finishing 8th 7th and 6th in consecutive seasons gets more plastics out of the woodwork :lol:

Great news, hopefully an expansion next summer. Always maintained that if tickets were reduced I think we could easily fill 40k per week maybe even 45k for some games. Now it looks like we could get 35k minimum at these prices. Obviously good form helps and finishing 8th 7th and 6th in consecutive seasons gets more plastics out of the woodwork :lol:

So you want a bigger stadium or not? We will be needing lots of those 'plastics' to stand a chance of getting the expansion and then keep it filled

It's great having record season tickets sales when the team are performing well but how will those figures stack up if our form takes a nosedive for a couple of years, certainly no reason in itself for an expansion.

It's great having record season tickets sales when the team are performing well but how will those figures stack up if our form takes a nosedive for a couple of years, certainly no reason in itself for an expansion.

What if the sky should fall? By your reasoning nothing would ever get done. One of the reasons for our form nosediving might be lack of growth and therefore investment.