Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

What? That seems really really low.

For a club that gets around 10k per home game and plays regularly in europe i'd say that's about right. 5% of St Marys is 1600 so that's what they'd have been entitled too should they have wanted (I think Vitesse bought around 1700 last year) so that's obviously the amount they thought they'd have needed.

I've updated the map of all of the teams

Also, I didn't realise how close Be'er Sheva is to the Gaza Strip and the Egyptian border :uhoh:

That's cos Israel is a really small country, especially widthways (max 70 miles wide) - it's smaller than Wales. So as Swansea is quite close to Newport, Beersheba is close to Gaza

(Not seen this anywhere else.... ) The Uefa website are now showing the finalised Saints squad for the Group Stage

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2017/clubs/club=52923/squad/index.html

4 keepers. Forster, McCarthy, Taylor and Lewis

8 Defenders. Cedric, Yoshida, Gardos, Fonte, Martina, Van Dijk, Bertrand, Stephens

8 Midfielders. Clasie, Davis, Romeu, Ward-Prowse, Boufal. Redmond, Hojberg, Isgrove

4 Forwards. Long, Rodriguez, Austin, Tadic

Edited by marc_saint

(Not seen this anywhere else.... ) The Uefa website are now showing the finalised Saints squad for the Group Stage

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2017/clubs/club=52923/index.html

4 keepers. Forster, McCarthy, Taylor and Lewis

8 Defenders. Cedric, Yoshida, Gardos, Fonte, Martina, Van Dijk, Bertrand, Stephens

8 Midfielders. Clasie, Davis, Romeu, Ward-Prowse, Boufal. Redmond, Hojberg, Isgrove

4 Forwards. Long, Rodriguez, Austin, Tadic

No Targett?

None of our opponents are going to bring many to St Marys, blocks 43 & 44 went on sale to Saints fans straight away I think.

I thought out of all of them Sparta would bring the most thanks to the number of Czechs who live in the South East of England, would be nice if they at least bring that 900 , need that to build the atmosphere and help create a European night feel to the game.

Plenty of seats left in Chapel and Family area so hopefully Northam end is full and stood all game - having block 43 sat down at league games definitely has an impact on reducing atmosphere I think.

Just been doing a bit of digging into possible ticket allocations in Prague. Looking through some forums from clubs that have played there recently it seems that last season FC Schalke were originally only given 700 but then were able to get a further 650 so a total of 1350. (Similar to our Vitesse Arnhem allocation from last season?)

Hopefully Saints will be able to get this amount (as a minimum) from the start as I'm sure this is going to be a popular trip. I know plenty who have already booked hotels and flights (Like myself)

Matchdays 1 & 2 were always out for me which is a real pity as I'd have liked the adventure of Israel. The Mrs is seriously pulling a face about taking the lad out of school for Milan and Prague so push comes to shove Milan wins. There is no way I couldn't take him. Lots of dads will be in similar situations.

It is no surprise your wife is pulling a face if you prioritise attending a trivial football match over your kid's education. Get a grip man this lad needs all the help he can get to survive in HIS future world.

I noticed this when translating...

"On the ticket will be inscribed the name, surname and date of birth, reported data can not be retroactively changed , the data will be checked by identification papers at the entrance to the stadium."

We don't normally do that, do we?

We don't normally play Italian teams. The club has already said tickets are online purchase only, you have to provide those details online, they will send those details to Inter, and it's £6.50 to have the tickets delivered, which implies they may be being sent direct from Inter, with those details printed on the ticket.

We don't normally play Italian teams. The club has already said tickets are online purchase only, you have to provide those details online, they will send those details to Inter, and it's £6.50 to have the tickets delivered, which implies they may be being sent direct from Inter, with those details printed on the ticket.

He meant thats what is written on inters tickets for when they play at St Mary's

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Do I need to register on Inter' site to get a nuetral ticket? Can I actually do that?

Yes, and I did to get a Serie A ticket. It was print at home. And they didn't check my ID at the ground, though there's plenty of evidence to suggest that's an anomaly.

Whether they allow people with English details to buy tickets for a European match... who knows? Logic says they won't.

It is no surprise your wife is pulling a face if you prioritise attending a trivial football match over your kid's education. Get a grip man this lad needs all the help he can get to survive in HIS future world.

I'm sure a couple of nights won't do much harm. Anyhow, 5/10 for the trolling effort.

So what's the conclusion on who's going to get Milan tickets then. Will it get past season ticket holder? I'm a member with a lot of aways, just a bit worried that I won't get an Inter ticket now.

Probably not, no. They've said that those in the first category are guaranteed a ticket so obviously there's less than 5k for that, but then there's another what...4 or 5 levels of season ticket holder eligibility? Be very surprised if it gets beyond season ticket holders.

Can't make it down for the Sparta match at home on the 15. Got two spare tickets. Buy me a pint when I come down for the Inter match and they are yours.

I'll take that deal; but how will we sort the tickets out before then?

EDIT - sorted.

Edited by Saint_clark

St Etienne had a 10,000 allocation for Inter last season so Saints can apply for more tickets if the original allocation sells out.

I would imagine anyone wanting a ticket will get one (hope so anyway)

saints have said 5000 allocation and no more to be given

seems crazy when the ground holds 87000,and at most there will probably only be about 30000 on the night

if its for policing reasons,surely better to have all saints fans in one area than scattered around the ground

St Etienne had a 10,000 allocation for Inter last season so Saints can apply for more tickets if the original allocation sells out.

I would imagine anyone wanting a ticket will get one (hope so anyway)

The club have said that the Italian police have insisted on 5k only . What ever other teams got is totally irrelevant .

The club have said that the Italian police have insisted on 5k only . What ever other teams got is totally irrelevant .

Thought the club might negotiate - if they have given up immediately that's disappointing

I doubt St Etienne were given 10k on day 1 but you communicate and negotiate - at least I thought we would

Plan B might be needed then - what a shame

Is anybody flying in just for the game amd evening after.

Im flying into prague arriving at 16:30. And on the 07:00 flight back.

Does anybody know what areas of the ground neutral fans can go as I am not a season ticket holder and will note eligible for a ticket in saints end for this match.

Cheers

Any Under 21 that has been at the club for 2 years or more can be included in a separate B list which has not yet been published. That will include Targett, Reed and the development squad. We can opt to include scholars in the list but only if they have been at the club 2 years (so Yan Valery can't be included).

So whatever happens Valery is not available for any Europa League group match. Everyone else is available for selection.

Horse's mouth, or at least from a very helpful man at the ticket office. I booked my home bundle by phone on Saturday. I asked about Inter away tkts, they originally offerred 4.2k which is the 'UEFA' allocation ie c5% ... we asked for more ... they came back with a final allocation of 5k. There will definitely be no more. I then asked if he knew anything of 'neutral' tickets/buying out there, tactful silence at his end!

Dont know if it belongs here but cant be arsed with a new thread

England not much different (why would they be)

Rooney plodding around the middle of the pitch being shyte

edit - skrtl is a dirty bastard, sent off and he looks bemused as to why.

Edited by Batman