Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

Saw a couple of quite random Saints and Swansea 'Free Palestine' banners up near the Chapel. I wonder if we can expect anything similar to this when we play Be'er Sheva at home :lol: http://m.jpost.com/Diaspora/Developing-Fans-blocked-from-Italian-stadium-because-they-are-Israeli-467839#article=6023OUM4MzAyMkRGOTI4ODFDNjEwQ0M2Q0JFQjlBRjA4OTI=

This is pitty. the entire situation is ridiculous. we have at our team 3 muslims who are Israeli palestinians. Who prefer to live at Israel than at Palestine authority. This protesters chase us every where using the fact that if you say a lie many times people will start believe it is true using the fact that many just don't care for the reality. I saw them in Glasgow and saw them at Milano. I hope not to see them at Your home. I can ensure you warm welcome. We are so exited to host premier league team with such fan who are so passion for the game.

I am here for you. Anything that you need I will try to help. Cheers my friends.

BTW, "free palestine ?" I say yes. This will be great but who are the partners ? Do the recognize our right to be free ? Mean while they declare that the final solution (yes I know it is cinical to use this term) is no Israel.

Going by the numbers posted this morning we've only sold 700 or so tickets since 9am Thursday. I'm not sure we're going to sell all 5,000.

I think there will be quite a lot of fans that don't go often but are always up for a big game that are waiting for it to go beyond St holders.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

One of the tickets is 3018 and the other is 3162, slightly odd.

Hope everyone who wants one is able to get one. If not I still reckon getting in the home end won't be too much trouble.

Even more odd is the fact that I've just got 3018!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

This is pitty. the entire situation is ridiculous. we have at our team 3 muslims who are Israeli palestinians. Who prefer to live at Israel than at Palestine authority. This protesters chase us every where using the fact that if you say a lie many times people will start believe it is true using the fact that many just don't care for the reality. I saw them in Glasgow and saw them at Milano. I hope not to see them at Your home. I can ensure you warm welcome. We are so exited to host premier league team with such fan who are so passion for the game.

I am here for you. Anything that you need I will try to help. Cheers my friends.

BTW, "free palestine ?" I say yes. This will be great but who are the partners ? Do the recognize our right to be free ? Mean while they declare that the final solution (yes I know it is cinical to use this term) is no Israel.

The couple of people with banners at yesterday's game were being ignored by everyone that passed them. There won't be any of that at Saints games, most Saints fans are just interested in having a few beers, watching the football and moaning about our own team.

We will easily sell 5000. There a loads of non season ticket holders and non members that want a ticket

Spot on

I know loads who have already booked flights etc and are not season ticket holders

we will have no problem selling 5,000

Many of these are also going to Prague too with little chance of getting a ticket from Saints

Spot on

I know loads who have already booked flights etc and are not season ticket holders

we will have no problem selling 5,000

Many of these are also going to Prague too with little chance of getting a ticket from Saints

Exactly. There will be thousands more without a ticket.

The couple of people with banners at yesterday's game were being ignored by everyone that passed them. There won't be any of that at Saints games, most Saints fans are just interested in having a few beers, watching the football and moaning about our own team.

HBS, Sour Mash is right.

I will be at the match in Israel and I have no interest in making any kind of political statement. I hope everything will be friendly and we can all enjoy a few beers in the sun!

P.S. You might be interested in this thread as well: http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?57045-Europa-League-Hapoel-Be-er-Sheva-travel-accommodation-thread

HBS, Sour Mash is right.

I will be at the match in Israel and I have no interest in making any kind of political statement. I hope everything will be friendly and we can all enjoy a few beers in the sun!

Yup make that another one here, be out on the **** for the football and have no interest in political statements like that. Would be very disappointed with any of our fans that decided to use it as an excuse to play student politics.

The ticket office advised me this morning that there were about 1,500 left, which could (hopefully) suggest that there are a separate 500 set aside for official package trips, that they aren't including in the number deemed to be available for sale.

Not sure how that would work though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ticket office advised me this morning that there were about 1,500 left, which could (hopefully) suggest that there are a separate 500 set aside for official package trips, that they aren't including in the number deemed to be available for sale.

Was that amount before or after the new criteria at 09:00 ?

What do you reckon the chances of a ticket tomorrow as my travelling mate has a ST with no aways?

Don't know. I'm a member, so hoping it goes further down than that....

It irrationally annoys me that season ticket holders with no aways get in ahead of members that have done aways, and that's me speaking a season ticket holder too. It just goes against every ingrained bit of English fair play to me.

It irrationally annoys me that season ticket holders with no aways get in ahead of members that have done aways, and that's me speaking a season ticket holder too. It just goes against every ingrained bit of English fair play to me.

It is I guess one of the first rules of business. Do not upset your core customer base. In this industry, that is season-ticket holders. They stump up the cash to watch their team over a season, and that can't be argued with.

As a non season ticket-holder, I absolutely have to accept this makes complete business sense.

I would imagine there are fans of teams who qualify for Europe every season (Arsenal would be a good example with their regular empty seats at The Emirates) who buy season tickets just so that they can get priority for Europeean games. Makes no difference to the club whether they actually turn up for the Prem games or not.

Don't reckon you'll be able to get in the home end in Prague? What are Sparta's attendances like lately?

Well if Sparta's away fans are anything to go by you'd have to pretty brave to get a ticket in the home end at Prague They seem to have no problem starting on their own fans fo god knows what they'd do to a saints fan they caught in the home end.

A season ticket holder will have given several hundred pounds to the club. A member who only goes to aways will have given much less. Remember that the club does not get any reecipts from away league matches.

What is so special about away matches anyway? Surely it should be home games that count.

I think we should have some sort of loyalty scheme based on purchase history over, say, the last five years. Something like 100 pts for each season as a season ticket holder, 15 pts for each away, 5 pts for each home purchase. Not saying the weighting here is right just the principal of loyalty points. It would be relatively easy to set up as each member & ST holder already has a history and maybe fairer when it comes to these big games.

I think we should have some sort of loyalty scheme based on purchase history over, say, the last five years. Something like 100 pts for each season as a season ticket holder, 15 pts for each away, 5 pts for each home purchase. Not saying the weighting here is right just the principal of loyalty points. It would be relatively easy to set up as each member & ST holder already has a history and maybe fairer when it comes to these big games.
Agreed. The club announced a couple of years ago they had brought such a system in , but never happened. Something similar to England supporters club.

Yes, much fairer. The actual points weightings are open to debate but the principle is much fairer.

Agree I was season ticket holder for 20 years but just member last two including this one and it doesn't make any difference though club would have record of this

Cant be bothered to find it but just to let the guy know who was talking about wanting an Inter ticket with only Arsenal away in the league cup 2 years ago on his record...I have exactly the same record and got a ticket officially at 10.15 this morning. So I hope you gave it a bash out of chance today like I did.

Cant be bothered to find it but just to let the guy know who was talking about wanting an Inter ticket with only Arsenal away in the league cup 2 years ago on his record...I have exactly the same record and got a ticket officially at 10.15 this morning. So I hope you gave it a bash out of chance today like I did.

Didn't work for me same criteria

That was me:)

I tried at 09:05 and it wouldn't let me :(

I guess a combination of cost to travel and holiday time is effecting sales. Actually really surprised how few have been sold. Should we get out of the groups I feel they may be offering away tickets to those who have travelled in the group first.

Bet it would have gone a bit quicker if it had been the following week, as half term starts on the Friday after the game............ Flight tickets would have been through the roof though