Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

Oh. So i needed to have had a ticket for another away game in the Europa League. Ludicrous.

Why is that ludicrous? They 100% should reward those members who attended HBS over those who didn't.

If you actually read the information, you would have known that they go on sale to all members at 12pm.

Why is that ludicrous? They 100% should reward those members who attended HBS over those who didn't.

If you actually read the information, you would have known that they go on sale to all members at 12pm.

It's sold out at 1159

Good morning,

Thank you for your email.

If you do not want to use your passport for ID to enter thestadium your driving licence is fine to use as ID.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate tocontact us.

Kind regards,

Ticket Office

Southampton FC

Tel: 0845 688 9288

E-mail: tickets@saintsfc.co.uk

You can use a photocopy of your passport, but a driver's licence won't be enough proof of identity. #saintsfc

Went to Prague couple of years ago for boys weekend and they were playing Lyon in the Europa - 7 of us just turned up at the stadium and there were loads of touts offering tickets. Ended up getting tickets from the ticket office no questions asked, no ID requirements. Obviously maybe a bit different if a load of English lads are trying to get tickets for a Saints match there but seems they're not too bothered who they sell tickets to there.

I'll be there too, without a ticket for the away end. couple of websites have tickets but inaccessible from UK seemingly.

They don't actually appear to be on general sale on the official website yet. November 13th is the furthest ahead game they're selling.

Guarantee after all this nonsense that they won't even be checked. Had all the rubbish before with England and the turnstile operators never give a ****.

Most places don't give a ****, never had a problem at tournaments, but there's a specific law in Italy which requires them to check the name on the ticket against suitable ID in away sections. Whether that's a passport, driving licence, or membership card (as they do for domestic games) doesn't really matter, but they do check.

When England played in Turin last year, I saw around a dozen people turned away at the gate because the name on the ticket didn't match the person's ID - this was despite the game being 100% collections, so the actual person had collected their ticket in person and then sold it on. Also, it wasn't just some turnstile operator who wouldn't give a **** either way... it was the Robocop old bill who were doing the checks.

Not sure what they've done for this game, whether there's some sort of electronic system that matches a ticket against a name/ID, the whole thing where they've ended up hand-writing names onto tickets is really weird.

This clubs ticketing policy does my head in sometimes. I have a ticket to Prague along with my Mrs but not asks to go now. As the game is sold out I emailed the club and asked if they wanted to sell it to someone else. I even said I didn't need it refunded just better to have it sold to someone who is can get there. Only to be told they can't do anything as it's against terms and conditions of sale. Anyone any idea how I can get these tickets in the hands of someone who can make the game?

RA, I suspect, but I am sure someone will correct me, that this isn't the club's fault, but more to do with UEFA and some of their more pedantic rules.

Fair enough if that's the case. Guess it's like a lot of things with the European games where the club do really have a lot of say in what happens...no beer ffs.

This clubs ticketing policy does my head in sometimes. I have a ticket to Prague along with my Mrs but not asks to go now. As the game is sold out I emailed the club and asked if they wanted to sell it to someone else. I even said I didn't need it refunded just better to have it sold to someone who is can get there. Only to be told they can't do anything as it's against terms and conditions of sale. Anyone any idea how I can get these tickets in the hands of someone who can make the game?

How many do you have. Im heading to Prague without a ticket.

But Prague is going to be collect in Prague, with ID, like Denmark and Israel

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Also, my friend had to collect his ticket at the ground last night as ticket was only bought late last week and it hasn't arrived in the post. The passport was checked by the ticket office person who we collected it from

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

But Prague is going to be collect in Prague, with ID, like Denmark and Israel

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I know of quote a few heading to Prague without tickets, they don't expect to get in away end but will enjoy the trip and have a go getting in the home end. It wouldn't surprise me if we have a few hundred ticketless fans there.

I notice Inter at home is now a sell out, should be a cracking atmosphere.

7,000 in the away end and all we can manage is OWTS every 5 minutes. Support was pathetic.

This all you were ever going to get from an away following that big and spread out. 750 - 1,500 keeno away fans will always make more noise.

As already quoted, arrived 45 minutes before ko plenty of security, ticket looked at just twice, no passport or ID check at all. There was a group of Saints fans (6 or 7 with a couple in saints shirts) down on the lower level, towards the saints end and also a couple in saints shirts on the left hand side as well. There did not appear to be any issue at all.