Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

Had to go to the collection office in Shirley to collect ours today. The PO lady handed me the envelope and said see you are going to Milan then, these are your tickets, we have absolutely hundreds of them awaiting collection.

I would expect that in the Post Office in Shirley, but I had a similar conversation in the Post Office in Falkirk, Central Scotland. It's a small world and here was me thinking me and my daughter were the only Saints fans living in Falkirk

That's what it says here and the club have been saying this since tickets went on sale

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/inter-milan-v-southampton-travel-advice

Cheers, I am just baffled that where it says leave valuables and spare cash in Hotel, it is encouraging to take your passport to the match after stating pickpockets are about? Are the really going to check peoples passports against the name on the ticket?

I'm a newbie to this forum and have been waiting for a good opportunity to say hello.

You seriously think it's a good idea for 7,500 of us to ignore our ticket numbers and plonk ourselves down (or up) anywhere we like?

Brilliant idea!

Never a problem at England games with numbers upto that sometimes, never sat in my own seat

Never a problem at England games with numbers upto that sometimes, never sat in my own seat

Not sure you can draw lessons from England games where supporters likely travel away a lot and have had many more opportunities and iterations to set groundrules. Let's just say that whenever we take large numbers away, there are always plenty of people insisting on sitting in their seat numbers. If our ends are full up, it doesnt take many for that to spread.

Not sure you can draw lessons from England games where supporters likely travel away a lot and have had many more opportunities and iterations to set groundrules. Let's just say that whenever we take large numbers away, there are always plenty of people insisting on sitting in their seat numbers. If our ends are full up, it doesnt take many for that to spread.

I think in the UK its the stewards that have a big impact, making sure youre going up the right section before you even get to your seat, abroad they don't bother and certainly didnt in Turin when England played last time, so many people going knowing others and buying seperately due to the eligibility will mean people will group with their mates

I think in the UK its the stewards that have a big impact, making sure youre going up the right section before you even get to your seat, abroad they don't bother and certainly didnt in Turin when England played last time, so many people going knowing others and buying seperately due to the eligibility will mean people will group with their mates

Exactly this. I have zero intention of sitting in my allocated seat, me and my mates all bought on separate days due to eligibility, no doubt meeting up with others there and will travel in together. Just rock up, find a decent space with your pals and get behind the lads.

By the way, anyone that has bought tickets on others names etc I can confirm nail varnish remover removes the biro name off the ticket piece of ****.

Up the Saints!

Exactly this. I have zero intention of sitting in my allocated seat, me and my mates all bought on separate days due to eligibility, no doubt meeting up with others there and will travel in together. Just rock up, find a decent space with your pals and get behind the lads.

By the way, anyone that has bought tickets on others names etc I can confirm nail varnish remover removes the biro name off the ticket piece of ****.

Up the Saints!

What colour do you use?

Good point about the differences in stewarding.

Up the Saints!

haha, what did you use to get clean it off with, a cotton wool pad or something?

The download pack also says "Bags are prohibited". That is ridic, we don't land till 16:30, so with security etc we are going to have to go straight to the game. We won't have a hotel either as fly back out at 07:30 on the Friday so was going to just go straight to airport after drinking. How can they ban bags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up the Saints!

Don't think it matters about the name on the ticket. They put my Mrs maiden name on hers. When I rang the ticket office to tell them, they just changed it on the database, not on the ticket. They must check it on the computer when you go in.

The download pack also says "Bags are prohibited". That is ridic, we don't land till 16:30, so with security etc we are going to have to go straight to the game. We won't have a hotel either as fly back out at 07:30 on the Friday so was going to just go straight to airport after drinking. How can they ban bags?

There are lockers at the central train station :thumbup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's their ground, so they can ban bags if they want to. If you're not staying over, what will you have with you in your bags?

Perhaps leave any bags you have in a left luggage at the airport or a train station?

Landing at 4.30 for a 7 pm kickoff is cutting it very fine. Only takes an ATC delay or the incoming flight misses it's slot and you could well miss Kick off.

Disappointed we didn't sell out. Know quite a few who are going without tickets even though they are on the database as ex season ticket holders but with no recent purchase history.

Same here. Hopefully they'll be able to get in quietly in the side sections

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Official Twitter account's just said passport photocopy is are fine

On one hand that's great as i'd rather not being walking around Milan all day and evening with my passport in my pocket but on the other hand it makes a mockery of them saying that ID had to be shown at the game with the correct ID. It'll only take two minutes of cutting and pasting on powerpoint to put the correct photo on your mates passport and then turning up with that "photocopy"

On one hand that's great as i'd rather not being walking around Milan all day and evening with my passport in my pocket but on the other hand it makes a mockery of them saying that ID had to be shown at the game with the correct ID. It'll only take two minutes of cutting and pasting on powerpoint to put the correct photo on your mates passport and then turning up with that "photocopy"

Passport photocopies are generally accepted in most countries by police for spot checks - if they have any reason to question you further or arrest you, they would take you to fetch the original document.

Passport photocopies are generally accepted in most countries by police for spot checks - if they have any reason to question you further or arrest you, they would take you to fetch the original document.

What about a photo on your phone of your passport? Amounts to the same thing as a paper copy surely?

My mate got his ticket on someone elses membership number, subsequently has a different name on his ticket to that on his passport. Think he'll have trouble getting in?

Read some people have tickets with names crossed out, might be worth doing?

My mate got his ticket on someone elses membership number, subsequently has a different name on his ticket to that on his passport. Think he'll have trouble getting in?

Someone further up in the thread said nail varnish remover is good for getting biro off the tickets ?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

The club claim that the bar code on the ticket will show details at turnstiles,the reason they wrote the names in biro was so that people know they've got the right ticket . My mates surname was spelt wrong , they told him not to worry as they wont take the name written on the ticket but the barcode details . Whether that's true or not , who knows

The club claim that the bar code on the ticket will show details at turnstiles,the reason they wrote the names in biro was so that people know they've got the right ticket . My mates surname was spelt wrong , they told him not to worry as they wont take the name written on the ticket but the barcode details . Whether that's true or not , who knows

Thanks for this! When we purchased the tickets we put his passport details in. I read on a few threads that people had been phoned up with their tickets cancelled, not his though! We didnt receive any phonecall. Guess we'll just wait and see what happens on the night.

Think there is a bit of BS being spun, we got one of the tickets for our foursome on anothers season ticket, entered the person who is actually goings details on the application, it turned up with the ST owners name on. I thought that's going to be a bugger having read the email sent out last week, so played a straight bat at the ticket office on Sunday and the response from behind the glass was basically "tough whatsit" it said that tickets would only be issued to the name on the account "it says it on the website". My mate went along with this wrong ticket and his son who it was for, and the lad behind the glass he saw couldn't be more helpful, changed everything without any hassle (yet)........... so no trying not to look guilty on Thursday.

So that leads me to believe that there is no secret code in the numbers on the tickets otherwise the name on the ticket would mean diddly squat, and we would have been told "not to worry as the details entered when the ticket was bought are embedded within it".

I think he'll be alright, i'm not convinced they will check tickets at all.

They said they'd be checking flags (for fire certificate) in Israel... As far as i'm aware, that never happened.