Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

Either they've moved us all from the top tier into the middle one (which holds about 9K) or the initial 5K is in the top tier and the additional 3.7K will be in the middle tier. We won't be in the bottom tier, that has already been on sale to home fans.

And still is, which suggests to me we'll be split top tier and middle tier. The middle tier may possibly hold 9,000 but if there's Inter fans below I would think they'll keep the first few rows clear to avoid the potential of missiles being thrown down onto them so will cut the capacity of that area and possibly wouldn't fit all Saints fans in there. Hopefully us first 5,000 buyers get put in the better middle bit :p

Either they've moved us all from the top tier into the middle one (which holds about 9K) or the initial 5K is in the top tier and the additional 3.7K will be in the middle tier. We won't be in the bottom tier, that has already been on sale to home fans.
With the whole ground to choose from, why would any home fans buy in that lower tier!?

All sorted - come on! Flying out with my nephew from Stansted to Malpensa on Wednesday, October 19 at 8.05am and flying back on Saturday, October 22 at 2.25pm. Anyone else on either flight? We are staying at the City & Sea Apartments San Siro 5.

In my excitement, I got the Milan airport wrong! We are flying into Milan Bergamo.

In my excitement, I got the Milan airport wrong! We are flying into Milan Bergamo.

Stayed in Bergamo and trains to Milan are fairly regular and inexpensive. From memory about €10 and just under an hours journey. No train station at the airport though so you have to get a cab or bus in to bergamo

Stayed in Bergamo and trains to Milan are fairly regular and inexpensive. From memory about €10 and just under an hours journey. No train station at the airport though so you have to get a cab or bus in to bergamo

Ideal, thanks. I have also found a coach transfer online which goes straight from Bergamo Airport to Milan Central Station and costs 5 Euros per person, one-way. Just a one-hour transfer.

Any update on ticket numbers? Worth waiting for general?

I had 5105 & 6 at about 1030 this morning. Was going to buy corporate as whilst I had enough away games, the GF doesnt have a ST and other friends didn't have enough aways.

Corporate starts at E120 +VAT (which I am informed is 22% in Italy) and goes upto E350 - the E120 one was actually quite impressive - buffet, waiter service, leather seats, video screen. You need to buy a minimum of 2 though. Still, would rather be in the actual stand so glad I held off. You don't need passport for those, they accept both home and away fans, and for once in a lifetime trip (well, hopefully not but you know what I mean) I thought it was well worth it if I couldn't get the tickets for the GF.

They don't sell directly from Inter, goes through an official agent but if anybody wants details, let me know.

Thought the combination of expensive flights and unavailability of tickets would make this trip infeasible, but now looks like a possibility...

How risky would it be to get a flight that only arrives in mid-afternoon to Malpensa...?!

7pm kick off. Google says about 75 minutes by train and bus from either airport. Gotta be worth it.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

:lol: So true. Bet flights on the Wednesday will be full of people in replica kits even though the game isn't that day. Weirdos.

Replica kits, duckfaces, couples that are loved up and the hastags #buzzing and #awaydays

Sometimes our support takes cringeworthy to a new level...

Thanks. Did it and two tickets for my mate and I have been purchased get in! So that's

Return flights from Gatwick- put Thursday back Sunday: £50

Hotel the night before next to Gatwick: £30

Hotel for three nights in Milan: £66

Milan ticket: £22.50

Total (excluding alcohol and food): £168.50

Can anyone beat that?

Is your hotel £22 a night or have you forgotten to multiply the £66 cost by three nights? :D

That would be £44 a night for the two of them. Sounds doable.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Fairly sure the description of 6 of them in single beds in a knocking shop was closer. I mean I could probably "beat it" by sleeping in the street and getting stupid timed flights, but why try? :D