Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

Ok so there is a public transport in Shabbat . (Friday Saturday ) taxis only . A night in tel aviv and a night in Jerusalem sounds great there is lot of hotels tel aviv is a great city you would love it. If you visit Jerusalem you must go to the Kotel ! In be'er sheva there's only one big and good hotel called "Leonardo" the city also great for a beer night . They have lots of pubs and good clubs there's no beaches in be'er sheva.

they have 11 malls one mall

Is the largest mall in the Middle East .

Israel and Middle East problems : this days all good in Israel very quite all calm Muslims and Jews live toghter peacefully this days.

If you wanna know anything else PM me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd looked on the Israeli Railways website and a normal, regular service seems to run on Fridays?

Thanks for the reply. I can't PM you as I can't afford the membership fee of this website but will keep an eye out for your posts. Do you think there will be any issue travelling from Beersheba to Tel Aviv on Friday morning?

No, there's trains and buses from 6am to 6pm I think . Shabbat start in 7pm .

Btw there's 2 train station in be'er sheva

1 of them 2-3 km away from turner stadium.

my advice after the game it's gonna be kinda stucky roads . so I don't know if you will get to the last train to tel aviv . I think the best is to stay 1 night in be'er sheva. There's good motels there just to crush you know . and in the morning go to tel aviv

If you

Booked already to tel aviv let me know I will

Be in the game with my car and I can take you fast to the train station .

If you need my number let me know

Got my tickets for the 3 home games (block 43). Booking website very busy this morning (had to queue for 10 minutes).

Anyone care to speculate on the likelihood of Milan away tickets going on sale to members (after season ticket holders)? Have booked accommodation (flexible rate so can cancel at no cost if needs be) but don't want to take a punt on flights if there's a degree of uncertainty that they won't get as far as selling to members.

Edited by trousers

Got my tickets for the 3 home games (block 43). Booking website very busy this morning (had to queue for 10 minutes).

Anyone care to speculate on the likelihood of Milan away tickets going on sale to members (after season ticket holders)? Have booked accommodation (flexible rate so can cancel at no cost if needs be) but don't want to take a punt on flights if there's a degree of uncertainty that they won't get as far as selling to members.

I'd think it should, at any Premier League game we don't really have more than 3,500 away fans and not all of them may be STH or not all have attended 12+ away games a season, plus Midjtylland only had around 800 of us

And worst comes to worst, you should deffo be able to get a ticket in the home end.

I'd looked on the Israeli Railways website and a normal, regular service seems to run on Fridays?

Last train is at 15:35 . Approximately

Shabbat start something like 18:30 .

last train after game will be at 23:02 pm

A regular taxi from be'er sheva to tel aviv will cost you 100£ !!!

now if you come from tel aviv just take a train to the game or you can rent a big taxi that will wait you after the game and take you back to tel aviv that's what Celtic fans did here ! You just need to find 15-12 fans and you can rent a big taxi

Be'er Sheva seems a big university city, which should mean decent night life.

Very decent . There is one biggest club in Israel in be'er sheva called "forum"

If you stay a night you gotta visit there .

There is age sectors 18-21 soliders

21-24 and 24+++

This is what I'm talking about

https://vimeo.com/180405584

Edited by Brazzer

Very decent . There is one biggest club in Israel in be'er sheva called "forum"

If you stay a night you gotta visit there .

There is age sectors 18-21 soliders

21-24 and 24+++

This is what I'm talking about

youtu.be/CRKW6myrC1M

Cheers, much appreciated for all the info.

I am hoping Milan away tickets go on sale to members as well, as I have also booked accommodation (which I can also cancel up to the day before). However, even if they don't I will still go and buy a ticket there for the 'neutral' zone (and try to get moved). Flights won't be a problem for me coming from this end.

I am hoping Milan away tickets go on sale to members as well, as I have also booked accommodation (which I can also cancel up to the day before). However, even if they don't I will still go and buy a ticket there for the 'neutral' zone (and try to get moved). Flights won't be a problem for me coming from this end.

Yes, we've booked Milan and Prague without tickets. If we don't get tickets, then hoping there's others in the same boat and can take over a bar somewhere close to the ground.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Hey mates, I'm Itay, from Be'er Sheva and also a Saints fan (since I traveled in Peru with people from Ringwood in 2012).

Some tips:

1) I don't recommend you to spend the night in Be'er Sheva, cause the night life are way less interesting than in Tel Aviv, especially when all the students are out of town for vacations.

2) For traveling you can also consider the buses, in many cases their schedule is much better. http://www.bus.co.il/otobusimmvc?Language=en

3) Flight tickets to Israel will be probably super expensive due to the Jewish new year. Another option is to fly to Jordan/Egypt and to cross the border.

Hey mates, I'm Itay, from Be'er Sheva and also a Saints fan (since I traveled in Peru with people from Ringwood in 2012).

Some tips:

1) I don't recommend you to spend the night in Be'er Sheva, cause the night life are way less interesting than in Tel Aviv, especially when all the students are out of town for vacations.

2) For traveling you can also consider the buses, in many cases their schedule is much better. http://www.bus.co.il/otobusimmvc?Language=en

3) Flight tickets to Israel will be probably super expensive due to the Jewish new year. Another option is to fly to Jordan/Egypt and to cross the border.

Welcome and thanks for the info, Itay. One quick question: are there still trains running after the game to Tel Aviv?

Edited by shurlock

Going to be in Milan for a couple of days, anybody suggest what other stuff there is to see and do?

I went in January last year, Duomo is the massive cathedral in the middle, well worth a look even if you're not religious.

Other than that... I was fairly unimpressed tbh, a few museums and stuff, decent shops, but... not as much as I thought there would be - but then I'm not particularly into architecture - of which there is plenty.

Trams and buses are good to get around in and out of the centre, I also did the San Siro tour and they have a small museum-type set up at the ground too. No idea if the number 5 tram line to the ground has reopened, it was closed when I was there, which meant a bit of a stomp, getting on for a mile, from the nearest bus stops to the stadium.

Food is very good and not that expensive to get decent restaurant meals, though the exchange rate has gone to crap since I last went.

Anyway, here's a pic I took of the away end (up the top there) at Inter 0-1 Torino in January 2015. That will be us. :)

14117822_10153792630796931_7632317334465461043_n.jpg?oh=8ed23d335de9dbabfe0a672b9bc7bc00&oe=58431EA8

Also, bloke in the hat doing a great impression of Crab Lungs (it's not him though).

Yes, we've booked Milan and Prague without tickets. If we don't get tickets, then hoping there's others in the same boat and can take over a bar somewhere close to the ground.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

If you can't get tickets when there will be over 30,000 empty seats in the San Siro then you won't have tried very hard.

I'm doing it arse about face as I've booked a flight _from_ Linate to LGW on the Friday as I need to get back. I've been in touch with a friend in Turin, so may stay there a few days before and then get the train over which is either an hour (Frecciarossa) or 2 hrs on the 'fast' regional stopper. I'm assuming I'll get a ticket, either officially or unofficially.

Got mine and the boys home tickets bundle , just noticed they've charged my ten year old adult prices , was also 3 other people moaning about mistakes to their tickets while we were in the queue yesterday ! What sort of numpties do we employ in there these days?

Well the dodgy start to the season hasn't seemed to effect ticket sales. The three match home bundle is selling extremely quickly. Still plenty left but not that many!

http://mobile.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160825-europa-league-bundle-on-sale-saturday-3273557.aspx

Seats where season ticket holders sit will show as being sold even if they aren't because I believe we have an, as of yet, unspecified amount of time to purchase them.

http://mobile.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160825-europa-league-bundle-on-sale-saturday-3273557.aspx

Seats where season ticket holders sit will show as being sold even if they aren't because I believe we have an, as of yet, unspecified amount of time to purchase them.

Until the end of Tuesday for the bundle, I was unreliable informed. After that the prices go up and it's individual sales but the season tickets are reserved for a further period. I bought my two old-git seats in the central Kingsland for £12 a game each :)

Do you think the Man City away (Sunday 23rd Oct 1.30pm) will be moved if we are away on the Thursday evening prior in Milan ?

It's already been moved back to the Sunday because of the Europa League game. It's 1.30 because it's been chosen for TV

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Do you think the Man City away (Sunday 23rd Oct 1.30pm) will be moved if we are away on the Thursday evening prior in Milan ?

Nope, because it's on tv and the only game where there was doubt about the kick off time due to it being Sunday was Hull.

Thanks to you both. I thought it would be the same but just seemed a little close, and I have been offered free tickets for City game, wanting to book hotel etc.

Mind you with that closeness of big matches (+travel fatigue) I might be putting "a comfort bet" on City !

Thanks to you both. I thought it would be the same but just seemed a little close, and I have been offered free tickets for City game, wanting to book hotel etc.

Mind you with that closeness of big matches (+travel fatigue) I might be putting "a comfort bet" on City !

The odds will make it pointless. :)

Interested to know what people's plans are getting to the ground from Linate airport, we are arriving at 9.55am and will be booking a hotel very near the airport for convenience for the next mornings flight, any ideas what the best way of transport and where will saints fans be drinking during the day. Is it best to go into Milan or straight to the ground (any bars in the area), thanks in advance.

I think if your going to be there that early you need to be heading into the city centre as there aren't many pubs around the ground.

Looking at http://www.rome2rio.com it seems that the number 16 tram takes 21 minutes and costs £2 and leaves every ten minutes.

http://footballtripper.com/san-siro-stadium-guide-milan/

BEST PUBS

The neighbourhood of San Siro where the stadium sits isn’t the nicest area of Milan, and there really aren’t many pubs within close proximity to the stadium which are suitable for the average neutral tourist.

The central area of Milan as marked by the ring-road is full of bars and restaurants at every corner and depending on your starting point you might just want to explore the area and use your judgement.

The area directly around the Duomo is usually heaving with tourists however it is a decent reference point and within a ten minute radius you can find some decent pubs either in the sports bar or Irish Pub mould.

Edited by marc_saint

No idea about bars etc, although the area around the canal (Naviglio?) is supposed to be good: I've put out feelers to people who know the place better. But Linate to Milano Centrale is only (or used to be) €3 on the local bus, from where good transport links exist. My task next week is to research, and book my flight _out_ there!

No idea about bars etc, although the area around the canal (Naviglio?) is supposed to be good: I've put out feelers to people who know the place better. But Linate to Milano Centrale is only (or used to be) €3 on the local bus, from where good transport links exist. My task next week is to research, and book my flight _out_ there!

We've booked the Art Hotel Naviglio :)

Thanks, that probably makes my mind up to stay near the airport seeing as there is good transport links. Also, I'm sure there will be an Irish bar for saints fans, there's one in every city !

I think if your going to be there that early you need to be heading into the city centre as there are many pubs around the ground.

Looking at http://www.rome2rio.com it seems that the number 16 tram takes 21 minutes and costs £2 and leaves every ten minutes.

http://footballtripper.com/san-siro-stadium-guide-milan/

There's pretty much f**k all around the San Siro if I remember rightly. Quick on the metro from the centre though.