Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

Let's face it, it's got nothing to do with the police. They are merely a shield to hide behind because they can't be arsed with the hassle of dealing with disgruntled fans who will miss out. The club is entirely within its rights to limit the away allocation to 5% of capacity, as per UEFA rules. We did the same for Vitesse last year, despite the fact they could almost certainly have filled a bigger away end, and I'm sure we'll do the same this season for our three group games and any knockout rounds, should we get that far.

So, in a Top Trumps type format, does Israel beat Midtyjlland in weighting?

Guess the club have to weigh up various factors. Cost of beer, awkwardness of flights, chance of running into Hamas suicide bombers etc etc.

FFS...didn't you read what The9 said? He wants to keep that kind of talk hush hush

:)

Let's face it, it's got nothing to do with the police. They are merely a shield to hide behind because they can't be arsed with the hassle of dealing with disgruntled fans who will miss out. The club is entirely within its rights to limit the away allocation to 5% of capacity, as per UEFA rules. We did the same for Vitesse last year, despite the fact they could almost certainly have filled a bigger away end, and I'm sure we'll do the same this season for our three group games and any knockout rounds, should we get that far.

The difference is of course that we knew we'd sell out to home fans, Inter certainly will not.

Guess the club have to weigh up various factors. Cost of beer, awkwardness of flights, chance of running into Hamas suicide bombers etc etc.

It's clearly because tickets go on sale for Milsn before the Israel match . Therefore you could guarantee a Milan ticket by buying an Israel one and not turning up . Yes , they'll wipe it off your record , but the Milan ticket with your details on will be in your hand by then

Saints or Inter?

Israel beats Midtjylland because by the time we get to Prague we'll have used Denmark for two matches already, and there will be a different group of superdooper daft bastards deserving of priority.

Be'er Sheva being first gives them a great chance to "control" the priority for the low allocation high turnout Sparta game, knowing the Milan one has a huge allocation which will satisfy a lot of the occasional away fans.

FFS...didn't you read what The9 said? He wants to keep that kind of talk hush hush

:)

Tbf we just got back from watching matches in Lens, Lille and Paris, we are not at all afraid

To be killed in nasty ways

Brave, brave, brave, brave

Can you recommend the best place us to have a drink before the game? After a quick look on Google Maps, there doesn't appear to be a great deal about...

Yeah but I need a direct time that you will

Bee in

Be'er sheva . Because 2 hours before the game there is a lot of road blocks to the stadium.

Here is the best places for you to grab a beer .

This is the list

Ha-histadrot 39st (no name of the pub)

IMG_0876.JPG

Smilannski 38st pub name called "ATIKA"

IMG_0877.JPG

at this street in smilnski st theres a lot of good bars like 3-5

Ok so now this is close to the stadium . Remember the north rail way station? So there's a good bar next to it! Called north rail station [emoji23] and for deserve there is a restaurant called agadir! Burger restaurant and it's 5km from the stadium plus it's close to the university (lots of students good atmosphere )

Just tell the taxi driver north rail way station.

Anyways there is 5-7 more bars near this bar that's a students area very recommended !!! Here's a picture

IMG_0878.JPG

Anything else don't afraid to pm me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the way the Italian experts know how the San Siro is managed. They simple close off the upper tiers behind goals dropping it to about 60k.

Once you're in, you're in. Never not gotten including proper derby games. Tickets can be purchased on arrival with no dramas.

Just avoid their Ultras, which will be on the middle tier to our right.

I love the way the Italian experts know how the San Siro is managed. They simple close off the upper tiers behind goals dropping it to about 60k.

Once you're in, you're in. Never not gotten including proper derby games. Tickets can be purchased on arrival with no dramas.

So do you think most saints fans without official tickets will be able to get in ?

I'm confused by your post on a number of levels here: 1) Our tickets are supposedly in the upper tier behind the goal (which is where the plexiglass is), so how are they going to close it when that's the area we'll be in? 2) Domestic games will be different to European games, I doubt anyone will have had to show their PASSPORT as opposed to just ID to get into a derby. 3) Their Ultras are behind the opposite goal (green seats), which is the opposite end of the stadium to where Saints fans are, rather than to the right?

Wait, they're NOT being uploaded? I just assumed that's why I hadn't received any yet...

I happen to be logged into my Purchase History - Sparta shows as "Printed", the others as "Purchased".

Incidentally the Hapoel Be'er Sheva AWAY tickets show as "collect at St Mary's" which we know isn't true, but I'm fairly sure that's because it's from a pre-set dropdown and "Collect from Be'er Sheva" isn't going to be on any kind of standard list. :D

As an update, my Sparta Prague home tickets without the other games have just dropped through the letterbox, so they're definitely not putting them on the card.

Strangely, a mate of mine has had all three of his (ambulant) tickets in one batch.

And very nice "Europa League" branding they are, too. No hologram though...

Edited by The9

As an update, my Sparta Prague home tickets without the other games have just dropped through the letterbox, so they're definitely not putting them on the card.

Strangely, a mate of mine has had all three of his (ambulant) tickets in one batch.

And very nice "Europa League" branding they are, too. No hologram though...

They said when ticket details were first announced that they would all be printed tickets, didn't explain why, but I was pleased as nice to have a proper stub for prestigious games.

I haven't received any yet but some I know who purchased the bundle have already received tickets for all 3 games.

They said when ticket details were first announced that they would all be printed tickets, didn't explain why, but I was pleased as nice to have a proper stub for prestigious games.

I haven't received any yet but some I know who purchased the bundle have already received tickets for all 3 games.

The only thing I can think of is that individuals are getting all three together, group bookings are getting the next game only ("mine" is actually "mine and the wife's"). As long as my purchase history corresponds to my ticket status ("printed" for Sparta, and "purchased" for the other two), I'm not too worried about it.

Interestingly having looked it seems flight's are actually cheaper to Israel now than when i booked, there's return flights for £208 which isn't bad at all.

That's about the same amount of money as some have paid to go to Inter, so cuts out the excuse that it's cost that means they want to go to one but not the other. Plus if you go to Be'er Sheeva as a season ticket holder you'll almost certainly get a ticket AND it'll more than likely raise you up the pecking order for knockout games (should we get that far) and possibly even Prague.

To be honest if i was looking at missing out on Inter tickets and hadn't booked flights i'd get Be'er Sheeva tickets and then hope i could do Prague which is also still fairly cheap (i'm actually doing all three but that's by the by).

Of course that's not as glamorous as a big club in a half empty stadium i know, but i have no doubts Be'er Sheeva will be an immense trip and Prague will be the best **** up of the lot.

Interestingly having looked it seems flight's are actually cheaper to Israel now than when i booked, there's return flights for £208 which isn't bad at all.

That's about the same amount of money as some have paid to go to Inter, so cuts out the excuse that it's cost that means they want to go to one but not the other. Plus if you go to Be'er Sheeva as a season ticket holder you'll almost certainly get a ticket AND it'll more than likely raise you up the pecking order for knockout games (should we get that far) and possibly even Prague.

To be honest if i was looking at missing out on Inter tickets and hadn't booked flights i'd get Be'er Sheeva tickets and then hope i could do Prague which is also still fairly cheap (i'm actually doing all three but that's by the by).

Of course that's not as glamorous as a big club in a half empty stadium i know, but i have no doubts Be'er Sheeva will be an immense trip and Prague will be the best **** up of the lot.

There have been some return trips for about £210 all along, assuming they're the ones leaving at stupid o'clock at night with an overnight stop in Istanbul, arriving about 5am with similarly ugly return times. Having said all that, we've just decided to go to Leicester as well so the whole "back at 10pm to Luton on Friday night, stay in Leicester Saturday night" plan needs looking at - I'm already flying back to Manchester from Prague to get in Blackpool v Newport on the Saturday before Saints v Everton on the Sunday... Quite enjoying the logistical fun. :D

The only thing I can think of is that individuals are getting all three together, group bookings are getting the next game only ("mine" is actually "mine and the wife's"). As long as my purchase history corresponds to my ticket status ("printed" for Sparta, and "purchased" for the other two), I'm not too worried about it.

Received our group booking of three Sparta tickets in the post today at my gaff. And no other tickets from the bundle. So that seems consistent.

There have been some return trips for about £210 all along, assuming they're the ones leaving at stupid o'clock at night with an overnight stop in Istanbul, arriving about 5am with similarly ugly return times. Having said all that, we've just decided to go to Leicester as well so the whole "back at 10pm to Luton on Friday night, stay in Leicester Saturday night" plan needs looking at - I'm already flying back to Manchester from Prague to get in Blackpool v Newport on the Saturday before Saints v Everton on the Sunday... Quite enjoying the logistical fun. :D

Should I just drop you somewhere in Luton on the Friday night, then you won't have so far to travel on the Sunday?? The best part of two days in Luton, that must be an appealing prospect......

This must cost you a fortune! fair play.

Should I just drop you somewhere in Luton on the Friday night, then you won't have so far to travel on the Sunday?? The best part of two days in Luton, that must be an appealing prospect......

We are in the process of planning options... already got the hotel next to the ground booked for the Saturday night in Leicester - contemplating whether the best option is to go home and out to Leicester from home or just not go home, that kind of stuff.

Also, last year's trip to Leicester went via Yeovil v Newport, getting to Leicester at 9pm, downing double JDs to catch up, rather overdoing it, spending 3 hours trying to find somewhere to eat, barely sniffing the food, turning in for the night, and then violently hurling up into the hotel room loo whilst starkers, with our mate glad that the adjoining door was locked as he'd have had a beautiful view through the open bathroom door otherwise. I'm 43, ladies and gents. :blush:

Edited by The9

This must cost you a fortune! fair play.

Actually, with our second leg Tel Aviv return flight from Geneva to Luton only costing about £30, our flight back from Prague to Manchester pretty cheap and Manchester to Southampton only £30 as well, and people buying hotel rooms from loyalty points, it's probably not that much more expensive than getting a more popular flight to Southampton/London with petrol.

The logistics of making sure people don't get stranded at either end when we might get a lift out but not back (eg Prague, where a mate is coming back to Gatwick but we're not) and that we find the cheapest and/or most convenient way to do things is the "interesting" bit. I can confirm it would be a LOT cheaper if the wife wasn't coming. I'll stay a lot of places she won't, at least I've finally persuaded her she doesn't need to book seats on EasyJet to sit next to me. :D

Edited by The9

I'm gutted to not be going to Israel as it looks like the most interesting trip of the lot.

I'm gutted to not be going to Israel as it looks like the most interesting trip of the lot.

Totally mate, though i can understand why you don't want to take a nipper on that journey. It's one thing to do the trip by yourself another completely to take your kid 23km from the Gaza strip with a bunch of drunk Saints fans carrying George's crosses and halo's all over them!

I've been doing a bit of Google map "Saving" of locations where Brazzer and/or Google have noted bars in Beer Sheva, suffice to say even working out what actually is a bar looks like a challenge in some places - I've only seen the word "BAR" on one building and, well, my Hebrew isn't great.

Sparta tickets arrived this morning - any reason that they didn't send the other tickets as part of the bundle or is that way too complicated?

don't think they've been able to handle the thousands of tickets they need to send out at the moment with 3 Europa league, some Palace and Swansea tickets, and aways for West Ham and Leicester so have just sent out Sparta for now

don't think they've been able to handle the thousands of tickets they need to send out at the moment with 3 Europa league, some Palace and Swansea tickets, and aways for West Ham and Leicester so have just sent out Sparta for now

They have sent all three to a friend of mine. See a few posts above for the theory.

Just bought my Beer sheva ticket and it looks like I'm ticket 198

Thanks, "just under 200" is still looking like a good estimate for sales so far then (very few with 12+ and 13+ who weren't also Midtjylland goers for today) - just out of interest was today the first day you were eligible?

Yes couldn't get them till midday

6-12 aways then. It's not a massive surprise that after 160 on the first day we shifted only handfuls to the ridiculously small 15+, 13+ and 12+ cohorts. We should move a fair few today, I'm guessing at 50-100 as there will be a fair few who go to 6 or more aways but couldn't specifically get to Midtjylland.

So I think there will be, say, about 270 gone by Monday morning when 2+ aways and then ST holders come into play, which will maybe see another hundred or so for each cohort.

Yes couldn't get them till midday

i'll probably get mine sometime on Tuesday afternoon when they go on general sale so will report back on what number i am, there was never going to be an issue in getting tickets for this one, despite the small allocation.

it could have been much worse in terms of cost / visas , i think we've been quite lucky with the draw.

i'll probably get mine sometime on Tuesday afternoon when they go on general sale so will report back on what number i am, there was never going to be an issue in getting tickets for this one, despite the small allocation.

it could have been much worse in terms of cost / visas , i think we've been quite lucky with the draw.

Cheers - good luck getting one. :)

Hm, that's a different angle. 2 STs but one person - were they in the same envelope?

Yup same envelope - all connected (ie address, tikcet 1, ticket 2, "customer copy" receipt).

2 customer numbers - same name - 1 over 65, 1 adult - seats next to each other

Totally mate, though i can understand why you don't want to take a nipper on that journey. It's one thing to do the trip by yourself another completely to take your kid 23km from the Gaza strip with a bunch of drunk Saints fans carrying George's crosses and halo's all over them!

Hey I must say a few words about Gaza strip.

23km from Gaza Strip... So?

the status in Israel is OK Muslims and Jews live together work together .

You can't even reach to Gaza Strip even if you try hardly. There is massive army force all over the way to protect . And if "Hammas" fire rockets to Israel , there is a Israeli development called Iron Dome . Its target the rocket and the launching spot and fire a rocket to destroy it. Israel is safe Israel is calm . Tel aviv is pretty there's a lot of bars to grab a beer also in be'er sheva the stadium in each game is sold out massiv support from the fans . You can ask Celtic and olympiacos they didn't touch the ball.

Iron dome in action:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup same envelope - all connected (ie address, tikcet 1, ticket 2, "customer copy" receipt).

2 customer numbers - same name - 1 over 65, 1 adult - seats next to each other

Sounds to me that straightforward single person ST orders get all three matches but multiple/group purchases have only got the tickets for Sparta. Though as my mate gets an ambulant ticket maybe they processes those separately, who knows?