Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

And still is, which suggests to me we'll be split top tier and middle tier. The middle tier may possibly hold 9,000 but if there's Inter fans below I would think they'll keep the first few rows clear to avoid the potential of missiles being thrown down onto them so will cut the capacity of that area and possibly wouldn't fit all Saints fans in there. Hopefully us first 5,000 buyers get put in the better middle bit :p

Inter sold the bottom tier to students for 10 Euros for the Be'er Sheva game. Dunno if they're doing that for ours.

In my excitement, I got the Milan airport wrong! We are flying into Milan Bergamo.

Stayed in Bergamo and trains to Milan are fairly regular and inexpensive. From memory about €10 and just under an hours journey. No train station at the airport though so you have to get a cab or bus in to bergamo

Waste of time doing that, the bus from outside the terminal goes direct to Milano Centrale station, costs 5 Euros and takes about the same time without needing to change to get on the train or faff about getting into Bergamo. The taxi to Bergamo city costs more than the entire bus trip. Just remember the square where you get dropped off for your return journey!

http://www.terravision.eu/airport_transfer/bus-bergamo-airport-milan/

It's £411 for the six of us for three nights so I lied and it's actually £22.83 each. I'm also married but not a chance is she coming with us :)

I was concerned about our triple room, but I suspect your room's gonna be a tad 'ripe' after three nights. ?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

It's £411 for the six of us for three nights so I lied and it's actually £22.83 each. I'm also married but not a chance is she coming with us :)

Mine's already been to the San Siro anyway but she's still going. She'll have also been to the Turner Stadium, Be'er Sheva by then too. :o

:lol: So true. Bet flights on the Wednesday will be full of people in replica kits even though the game isn't that day. Weirdos.

I've never understood why anyone over the age of 14 would want to wear a replica kit anyway, especially one that is a couple of years old!? A replica shirt over the top of a jumper is nearly as bad a fancy dress :mcinnes:

I've never understood why anyone over the age of 14 would want to wear a replica kit anyway, especially one that is a couple of years old!? A replica shirt over the top of a jumper is nearly as bad a fancy dress :mcinnes:

I won't be wearing a replica kit either but why on earth does it bother people what other people choose to wear? That's far more strange than people wearing replica shirts.

I won't be wearing a replica kit either but why on earth does it bother people what other people choose to wear? That's far more strange than people wearing replica shirts.

Speak for yourself, I absolutely insist everyone wears replica shirts... especially to work and stuff. :D

i reckon Milan city centre will be awash with red and white on matchday.

Why not show your colours when on a european away trip? Shame that saints dont do a better range of casual SFC clothing with a bit of style to wear instead. Other teams seem to offer a more wearable collection of shirts and tops that aren't simply replica's.

For those who hate replicas. Are scarves ok or not?

i reckon Milan city centre will be awash with red and white on matchday.

Why not show your colours when on a european away trip? Shame that saints dont do a better range of casual SFC clothing with a bit of style to wear instead. Other teams seem to offer a more wearable collection of shirts and tops that aren't simply replica's.

For those who hate replicas. Are scarves ok or not?

Only if its a half and half...

Cutting it fine if there's any delays

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Decided not to risk it, so ended up using an extra day of holiday and fly Wednesday night - Saturday morning. People are talking about their ticket 'numbers', do you get to choose where to sit? I booked my tickets and there was no mention of it.

Trip may end up being a bit pricey, but could be a once in a lifetime chance. San Siro was always my favourite stadium as a kid (always used to choose it as the setting for my Fifa 98 games) - woo! Just need to apply for the holiday from work now...

Decided not to risk it, so ended up using an extra day of holiday and fly Wednesday night - Saturday morning. People are talking about their ticket 'numbers', do you get to choose where to sit? I booked my tickets and there was no mention of it.

Trip may end up being a bit pricey, but could be a once in a lifetime chance. San Siro was always my favourite stadium as a kid (always used to choose it as the setting for my Fifa 98 games) - woo! Just need to apply for the holiday from work now...

The "numbers" are just the consecutive order numbers which we're using to determine how many (approximately) have been sold. The club hasn't even sent Inter the list of people who've bought tickets yet (because they're still selling them), so there's no way Inter have assigned anyone a seat yet. Even then, depending on which tier we're in and whether we sell out the 8000+ tickets there may or may not be an insistence on sitting in your assigned seat in the ground itself.

Only if its a half and half...

As a long-time "shirter", the only time I'd even consider a half-and-half scarf as acceptable is for a European match against a side we are unlikely to play again. Even then they're overpriced crap, but they're at least worth marking with a souvenir, as opposed to the poxy Saints/Man U or Liverpool ones you can usually get which are just pointless junk for part-time fans.

The "numbers" are just the consecutive order numbers which we're using to determine how many (approximately) have been sold. The club hasn't even sent Inter the list of people who've bought tickets yet (because they're still selling them), so there's no way Inter have assigned anyone a seat yet. Even then, depending on which tier we're in and whether we sell out the 8000+ tickets there may or may not be an insistence on sitting in your assigned seat in the ground itself.

Is it conceivable that Inter haven't actually decided yet which tier to allocate to us?

Ah right I see. Not sure where you see those order numbers, but my booking reference ends with 5353 so that could be it.

Suppose it's possible, though given the increased allocation they can't complain they don't know how many we need...

Indeed. I was just wondering whether they might have originally offered the top tier but now it's the middle one. It all depends on their relative capacities I suppose. Maybe the top holds 5000 and the middle 8700 (less corporates etc.)?

Inter to make it to general sale then do we think?

I'm sure they will. If the club were just interested in selling tickets and getting as many fans there as possible they would already be but cynically I think they are hoping to make a few quid on people buying £25 memberships, easy money for the club really.

I'm flying from Stansted to Turin 6.45 am Thursday, train to Milan at 10:54, train back to Turin at 23:18 getting into Turin at 01:10 then taxi to airport flying home at 10:15 Friday. £140 all in

Anyone else doing similar?

we are dpoing the the same but now got a room for the night 4 of us £53 so we check in to room at 1300 before train , its a 15 minute walk from station