Europa League Dream Group?

adysaint

Who would you like? Not sure what pot we'll be in but I'll say:

Inter Milan

Hibernian (nice easy trip)

Kairat Almaty (stupidly long trip only likely to take about 200 fans and I want to be one of them)

Alternative: AEK Athens as I have a friend there who is big AEK fan.

Anything in all honesty, I've saved up hard to make at least one trip this upcoming season.

A powerhouse team such as Inter Milan would be lovely, don't want anything in Scotland/UK. I'd love somewhere like Croatia, Cyprus and other holiday destinations to make the most of the rest of the week. Oh, and nowhere 'too' cold, so for example Tromsø and stuff would be a no haha

Last time I went to the San Siro the game was called off because a player in the lower league had died on the pitch that day,so I am still owed a gamer there,Saints at the San Siro would be phenomenal,without a doubt one of my top 3 stadiums I have ever been too for atmosphere

Feyenoord! The atmosphere would be fantastic.

Beitar Jerusalem would be an interesting one if they stay in the competition. Hertha BSC would be absolutely incredible purely for the trip to the stadium.

Teams with big enough stadiums that there is at least a remote possibility of getting a ticket.

Completely - although knowing our luck we will get the ridiculous small stadiums and you will need 15 away games for the past 10 years to qualify for a ticket

Somewhere iconic

Somewhere warm

Somewhere hostile

this..

for me:

Feyenoord

Olympiakos

Fenebache (I live in Istanbul)

tough group that.

keep in mind that many of the Pot 1 teams will come from teams that lose their CL quals (eg Fenebache etc).

so much to unfold between now and the draw. Looking at dates i can potentially get to one matchday. I will go whether i get a ticket or not, just for the atmosphere and the occasion. So im hoping that date is an away game (Vittesse sounded amazing.) Of course if we draw one of the Istanbul teams, then im set.

Exciting times

A trip to Belarus would be awesome. Would prefer Dynamo Minsk to Bate (as the Borisov Arena is a good hour away from Minsk - and Dynamo are nowhere near as good a team). Vilnius or Riga would be nice too. Or possibly even somewhere in Ukraine.

A trip to Belarus would be awesome. Would prefer Dynamo Minsk to Bate (as the Borisov Arena is a good hour away from Minsk - and Dynamo are nowhere near as good a team). Vilnius or Riga would be nice too. Or possibly even somewhere in Ukraine.

I fancy Ukraine too. Lugansk have qualified, but Im not sure whereabouts they are playing their matches.

I fancy Ukraine too. Lugansk have qualified, but Im not sure whereabouts they are playing their matches.

It's somewhere in central Ukraine, I forget where now. They also have Olexandria and Poltava in the qualifiers, with a possibility of Shakhtar in the CL playoff. Actually Shakhtar might be alright, as they're playing in Lviv in the far west of Ukraine.

Whoever said Tromso, are you nuts? It's freezing a beers are about £11.

It's somewhere in central Ukraine, I forget where now. They also have Olexandria and Poltava in the qualifiers, with a possibility of Shakhtar in the CL playoff. Actually Shakhtar might be alright, as they're playing in Lviv in the far west of Ukraine.

Whoever said Tromso, are you nuts? It's freezing a beers are about £11.

Good news, I'd never heard of Olexandria and Poltava :blush:

Lviv / Lvov is supposed to be great. I'd love to go there.

Would love an Icelandic team (have any qualified), been before but it was out of season so no football.

Valur, Breiðablik and KR all enter at First Qualifying and would have to win through 4 Two-Legged ties to enter the Group and face Saints.

FH will likely come down from Champions League into 3rd Qualifying and may have more of a chance.

No Icelandic team has ever made the group stages of either the CL or EL.

Stjarnan got close to the EL group in 2014 winning through 3 rounds (including notable victories over Motherwell and Lech Poznan)

before losing 9-0 on agg. to Inter Milan in the Play-Off round.

Milan or Bilbao or Schalke

Gent or Lille or Rapid Vienna

Nice or Slavia Prague or Sloven Brateslava

all relatively easy to get to plenty of flights with budget airlines, with Prague and Brateslava dead cheap when you get there

Hearts

Gent or Lille

Schalke or Mainz.

That would definitely beat the record for the most clustered group in the history of european football.

Having said that, I wonder what the record is? Not sure anyone would look at that statistic but would interesting to know!

Couldn't afford to go to three games (got to keep some money for later...) but at least the group stages make planning a bit easier. Sassuolo is a tiny, tiny place so that would be good. They don't even play in their own ground (4,500) since they got to Serie A, but at Reggio Emilia - still only 20,000.

It's all fantasising until the draw though, so best to avoid wasting too much time on it.

Would love an Icelandic team (have any qualified), been before but it was out of season so no football. Hertha Berlin would be a great trip.

Every UEFA nation has an entrant into the Europa League. Iceland have 3, all in the 1st Qualifying Round. Pretty much every team in Iceland plays in or near Reykjavic as well.

With Hertha's coefficient being very similar to ours (theirs is 16.0, ours 16.7) it's very unlikely we'll be in different pots. We're also fairly unlikely to be drawn against Partizan, Mainz or Austria Vienna either, as they're all between 16 and 19. We also can't be in the same group as West Ham (or Man U) in case anyone's wondering.

Every UEFA nation has an entrant into the Europa League. Iceland have 3, all in the 1st Qualifying Round. Pretty much every team in Iceland plays in or near Reykjavic as well.

With Hertha's coefficient being very similar to ours (theirs is 16.0, ours 16.7) it's very unlikely we'll be in different pots. We're also fairly unlikely to be drawn against Partizan, Mainz or Austria Vienna either, as they're all between 16 and 19. We also can't be in the same group as West Ham (or Man U) in case anyone's wondering.

Where do you get all this coefficient info from? I'd be interested to see roughly what the Group Stage pot coefficient boundaries were last year and see who we could get this year

Where do you get all this coefficient info from? I'd be interested to see roughly what the Group Stage pot coefficient boundaries were last year and see who we could get this year

This one answers that question, http://www.footballseeding.com/european-cups/europa-league-seeding-15-16/

Supporting information from these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%9317_UEFA_Europa_League#Group_stage

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedel2016.html

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/index.html

Last years seeding

Group Stage (48 teams)

Pot 1 coef. Pot 2 coef.

------------------------ --- ---------------- ------------------------ --- ----------------

Schalke 04 Ger 111.883 Sporting Braga Por 51.776

Borussia Dortmund *3 Ger 99.883 Fiorentina Ita 49.102

FC Basel @4 Sui 84.875 Lazio @4 Ita 49.102

Napoli Ita 84.102 Anderlecht Bel 47.440

Tottenham Hotspur Eng 84.078 Liverpool Eng 47.078

Ajax @3 Ned 66.195 AZ Alkmaar *3 Ned 46.695

Villarreal Esp 58.999 Viktoria Plzen @3 Cze 41.825

Rubin Kazan *3 Rus 57.099 Club Brugge @4 Bel 41.440

Athletic Bilbao *3 Esp 56.999 PAOK Thessaloniki ** Gre 40.880

Sporting CP Lisbon @4 Por 56.276 Celtic @4 Sco 39.080

Olympique Marseille Fra 55.483 Besiktas Tur 36.520

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk Ukr 52.033 APOEL Nicosia @4 Cyp 35.460

Pot 3 coef. Pot 4 coef.

------------------------ --- ---------------- ------------------------ --- ----------------

AS Monaco @4 Fra 31.483 Partizan Belgrade @4 Srb 14.775

Sparta Praha @3 Cze 30.825 Asteras Tripolis Gre 13.380

Fenerbahçe @3 Tur 30.020 CF Os Belenenses *3 Por 12.276

Legia Warsaw ** Pol 24.800 Rosenborg BK * Nor 11.875

Girondins Bordeaux *3 Fra 24.483 Garabag Agdam @3 Azb 11.500

Lokomotiv Moscow Rus 23.099 Molde FK @3 Nor 10.375

Lech Poznan @3 Pol 17.300 Dinamo Minsk ** Bls 9.650

AS Saint-Étienne *3 Fra 16.983 FC Groningen Ned 8.695

Slovan Liberec *3 Cze 16.325 FC Sion Sui 8.375

FC Augsburg Ger 15.883 FC Midtjylland @3 Den 7.960

Rapid Wien @4 Aut 15.635 Skënderbeu Korçë @4 Alb 5.575

FK Krasnodar *3 Rus 15.099 Gabala FK * Azb 2.750

saints co-efficient this season will be 16.756 which is why many of us feel we will be in Pot 3 this year once some. Of the clubs in whelks table have been removed, either because they have qualified for Champions league or the got knocked out in qualifying rounds of Europa league

NB Austria Vienna enter Europa lge at 2nd qualifying round, Roma enter 4th qualifying round Champions league

Should we get Inter will they offer Saints pretty much as many tickets as we want to take? It would be like a dream come true to watch Saints at the San Siro.

The europa league rules are 5%. I think the San siro holds 80,000 so 4,000 tickets.

4000 saints fans in Milan would be awesome

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Pot 1 Florence/Bilbao/St Petersburg/Rome

Pot 2 Rotterdam/Moscow

Pot 3 Prague/Zagreb/Lille/St Ettienne

Any combination would be nice 058495fc59f8c24303213fb8d008df89.jpg

The ultimate draw from that is if we would somehow jump into pot 3 then

1 Inter, San Siro. Capacity: 81,277

2 Steaua_București, Stadion Maksimir: Capacity 55,634 or Lille short trip and 50k capacity

4 Hertha Berlin, Olympiastadion berlin: Capacity: 74,475

If not then happy with

1 Inter/Roma/Monchengladbach

2 St Etienne/Lille/ Zagreb

3 Feyenoord

Btw you got pot 2-3 mixed up there!

The europa league rules are 5%. I think the San siro holds 80,000 so 4,000 tickets.

4000 saints fans in Milan would be awesome

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Its always half empty isn't it? Just get thousands of us buying tickets next to the away end :wave:. That's a f-ing stupid rule but wouldn't expect anything less from the corrupt cretins that ruin..I mean run our game

Based on my experience:

Inter is alright. There will definitely be space in San Siro, last time I went was a milan derby last season but still quite a lot of empty seats.

Bilbao is in a fantastic part of Spain, was there in March. Such nice weather and a great atmosphere.

Nice is also...nice. South France, good level of football.

But for me the dream would be Athens :) Went in Feb during Olympiakos Anderlecht game. Whole city buzzing.

And then somewhere in a new culture/bizzare - Khazakstan, Russian, Faroe Islands haha

Tickets are never an issue in Milan. I went there years ago to see Leeds play - the away end was sold out well in advance. Several thousand Leeds fans bought tickets in the home end - but as soon as you came out the metro near the ground all English fans were herded together then marched in the away end. Tickets were irrelevant