Saintsweb crashing

holepuncture

On two different PCs, the shockwave plug in repeatedly crashes

On the iPhone, I keep getting redirected to some Marvel comic advert or an ad 'you've won' competition spam site.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

Or is this a cynical ploy to make me pay to look at the site? (which I object to on principle)

Glad it's not just me then. It coincides (for me), with the adverts appearing between the forum sub-groups, 'Southampton Football Club', 'Off Topic' etc.

All I can see around the page now is Travelodge adverts.

This site has a tremendous amount of users, and for all the google advertising, why do users have to be spammed as well?

Is the only remedy paying up for this so called curry club? Is this the cost of being a top ten side?

Disappointing anyway.

I asked about this on another forum (shockwave crashed, debug script etc) - thought it was a Shockwave problem, but I tend to have SWF open most of the time. Unistalled Shockwave, problem finished, just can't play videos on BBC, unless I install it, watch the vid and then uninstall it.

• 2 weeks later...
Apparently I have now been selected for a free Apple app.

Again and again and again.

You're still not getting my fiver guys.

I don't particularly want to use a post on this, but it's happening to me too. The "free" Apple app page that automatically loads when I open a Saints Web post. It's very frustrating. It only happens when certain adverts appear but is very attacking. I've noticed now that when the page loads, to hover over the cross. Then, when the advert seems to be about to load, hit the cross quick as you can. It stops the advert, but still, we shouldn't have to put up with that.

Maybe a word with the forum provider?

BTW I only stopped being a full member after my PayPal account got hacked, nothing to do with not wanting to pay a measly fiver which I'd only be happy to do, especially in the times of managerial ingoings and outgoings.

I don't particularly want to use a post on this, but it's happening to me too. The "free" Apple app page that automatically loads when I open a Saints Web post. It's very frustrating. It only happens when certain adverts appear but is very attacking. I've noticed now that when the page loads, to hover over the cross. Then, when the advert seems to be about to load, hit the cross quick as you can. It stops the advert, but still, we shouldn't have to put up with that.

Maybe a word with the forum provider?

BTW I only stopped being a full member after my PayPal account got hacked, nothing to do with not wanting to pay a measly fiver which I'd only be happy to do, especially in the times of managerial ingoings and outgoings.

I don't have a Paypal account. I send Stevie an EFT transfer once a year, then sit back and wait for a few weeks until he notices.

Firstly, my apologies, this shouldn't be happening

We've been trying out a few different advertising sources and I was told via twitter that some mobile users were being redirect. Our advertising policy is to never have redirects so I'm sorry this is happening. On May 31st, I applied a block to all mobile devices for the advertising network I assumed was causing the issues. I assume from the above that you are all still getting redirected. I'll take a look and, if it's not resolved, we will simply switch off the advertising network in question.

Please feel free to continue posting your issues on this tread.

I have now completely switched off the ad network I think is to blame. Please post straight in here if you continue to see redirection ads. (the change will take about 20 minutes to kick in)

Yes, the shockwave thing is completely separate.

I'm going to turn back on one of the networks that I believe should be safe. Please post in here immediately if you see redirection adverts. I need to do this to narrow down the culprit, so apologies in advance if it does cause issues.

Whatever in the back end is doin this also seems to be knocking on with tapatalk too. It's dog slow.

Same with me. Takes an age to load. Just trying to reply now I was presented with a "trying to connect to server message". All other Tapatalk forums seem fine.

Mods ploy to bump up the coffers??
I expect that they earn more from the ads. Perhaps that is why they have not been adjusted. I suspect people are moving across to Sotonians as it really is frustrating if you are not logged on

Now getting loads of invisible pop ups for wack investment schemes etc- can't see a window, but get the audio. No wonder my laptop is behaving like a dog. This is the kind of stuff you get on film sites. If I wanted that kind of content, I'd put up with the ropey ads. Baj - are you addressing this, or is it just the way things are on Saintsweb?

Now getting loads of invisible pop ups for wack investment schemes etc- can't see a window, but get the audio. No wonder my laptop is behaving like a dog. This is the kind of stuff you get on film sites. If I wanted that kind of content, I'd put up with the ropey ads. Baj - are you addressing this, or is it just the way things are on Saintsweb?
Apparently I have won 10000 dollars lol

On two different PCs, the shockwave plug in repeatedly crashes

On the iPhone, I keep getting redirected to some Marvel comic advert or an ad 'you've won' competition spam site.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

Or is this a cynical ploy to make me pay to look at the site? (which I object to on principle)

I have this exact problem with Chrome, all add in's lugs ins are up to date. It is to do with the websites coding i think. Alot of advert's embedded etc.